Bread Van selection - Noah, Spada Stepwgn, Serena

Lala81

Hypersonic
On 7/25/2024 at 12:39 PM, Lala81 said:

with serena's and spada's fuel efficiency still not as good as toyota, PHV overwhelming should choose Toyota bah.

Their mileage so high. 

Your son above average height for singaporean male. bigger space sure more comfortable.

Even sit in B&B sedan as driver i also feel bit uncomfortable.

I have not much impression how Spada looks like?! But i see many Serena and Noah. Esp Serena, many on the road. In term of design, i find Serna not bad looking. Lol.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

On 7/25/2024 at 10:06 AM, Jamesc said:

Yes exactly.

Honda reliability is underrated and Toyota reliability is overrated.

N Nissan reliability is exagerrated?

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 7/25/2024 at 1:49 PM, 13177 said:

I have not much impression how Spada looks like?! But i see many Serena and Noah. Esp Serena, many on the road. In term of design, i find Serna not bad looking. Lol.

I vote the new Noah > Serena > Spada in terms of looks. 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 7/25/2024 at 1:55 PM, Mancypher said:

haha I've been seeing a few Nissan Latios around. Just followed one this morning.

All COE cars already. 

Hypersonic
On 7/25/2024 at 1:33 PM, Lala81 said:

i was watching a malaysian video on discussion should i buy BEV or ICE. 

Tai choo yee and another malaysian automotive journalist/blogger said there's a lot of charging stations and bo lang on the NSH and the KL-east coast highway. 

So depends on how you charge as you travel bah.

Tai is very pro BEV mah, his personal transport is a recent Tesla model 3 wor. 

I have also watched some YouTube review on how horrible the charging infrastructure and usability of their public chargers are, but of course have not experience it myself lah. 

There was one video Tai drove an EQE from KL back to his hometown JB in the middle of the night. I think his planned mid way charge didn't happen, and he almost didn't make it back to JB. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Of course again like I always tell ppl, if you plan the custom jam as part of the MY trip package, then the jam become more fun. Likewise, to enjoy a MY road trip, we will have to plan the charging and the in case charger not working as part of the trip, into the whole package,  that way everyone mentally be prepared. Don't kpkb. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic

Bread van... how can missed out the VW mini bus.

When I was a kid staying in the kampong, the VW mini bus will come selling bread every day. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 7/25/2024 at 1:49 PM, 13177 said:

Among the 3, I think the Serena is the different looking one. The Spada and Toyota twins look quite similar, other than the tailboard, but the new spada tailboard also changed to lift up liao. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 7/25/2024 at 1:55 PM, Mancypher said:

No Nissan is very reliable.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic

Toyota reliability is bulletproof.

For one model Vios.

Others especially bigger one needs to change parts.

Vios put petrol and go.

Hypersonic
On 7/25/2024 at 1:58 PM, Lala81 said:

I vote the new Noah > Serena > Spada in terms of looks. 

Maybe Noah from far looks like Alphard. 😂 

Hypersonic
On 7/25/2024 at 1:59 PM, Lala81 said:

haha I've been seeing a few Nissan Latios around. Just followed one this morning.

All COE cars already. 

But hearsay Nissan Latio has gearbox issue when the car is old. I think Nissan Sunny is most durable. Like the old corolla/altis.

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 7/25/2024 at 2:15 PM, Tianmo said:

Tai is very pro BEV mah, his personal transport is a recent Tesla model 3 wor. 

I have also watched some YouTube review on how horrible the charging infrastructure and usability of their public chargers are, but of course have not experience it myself lah. 

There was one video Tai drove an EQE from KL back to his hometown JB in the middle of the night. I think his planned mid way charge didn't happen, and he almost didn't make it back to JB. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Of course again like I always tell ppl, if you plan the custom jam as part of the MY trip package, then the jam become more fun. Likewise, to enjoy a MY road trip, we will have to plan the charging and the in case charger not working as part of the trip, into the whole package,  that way everyone mentally be prepared. Don't kpkb. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

haha he voted against someone owning a BEV in malaysia leh. He said he has already 2 ICE in the house, this is his 3rd vehicle.
He said u have to be mentally prepared to own one in MY. 

I think he comes from upper middle class. His father drives a merc E class. 

Yeah for sure. But at least tesla has its super charger network. Non tesla, is definitely have to think twice. 

Edited by Lala81

Hypersonic
On 7/25/2024 at 2:18 PM, Tohto said:

Bread van... how can missed out the VW mini bus.

When I was a kid staying in the kampong, the VW mini bus will come selling bread every day. 

i associate this with hipsters. 

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 7/25/2024 at 2:43 PM, Lala81 said:

i associate this with hipsters. 

True true 😅🤣

All the 3 model you listed are more uncle 😁

• Haha! 2

On 7/25/2024 at 2:30 PM, Jamesc said:

Toyota reliability is bulletproof.

For one model Vios.

Others especially bigger one needs to change parts.

Vios put petrol and go.

Vios... The only model where our MY counterpart has a marine animal tagged to each generation of it.

Ok back to box cars.. Sorry breadvans.

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
On 7/24/2024 at 10:50 PM, Lala81 said:

5 seater can't bring parents out mah once the kids are older. 

Good luck to your mpv journey. Lol

Bought my first MPV eons ago for the same reason but ended up very under utilized. Boating can be a pain. 😂

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 7/25/2024 at 4:49 PM, Voodooman said:

Good luck to your mpv journey. Lol

Bought my first MPV eons ago for the same reason but ended up very under utilized. Boating can be a pain. 😂

Haha usage pattern may vary depending on situation. But parents getting older won't change. 

Hope I don't get car sick! Sometimes even my own car, I can get some mild motion sickness when there's lot of uneven road works esp those metal panels.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
(edited)
On 7/25/2024 at 9:37 AM, Lala81 said:

I don't really like how the toyota hybrids drive. 
my own preference is for the Honda eHEV system. I think the serena one is also acceptable. I'm not a high mileage user. Mostly short drives but repeated in northern sg.

I shared your thoughts. I have driven the Honda Stepwagon during a road trip in Japan and it drives ok, better than the whinny Toyota's hybrid system, which is freaking boring.

Just wait for more BEV options since you can wait and I believe EV charging will get to your estate with the passing of new MCST guidelines relating to EV charging facilities in Dec 23.

BEV are likely heavier while being more responsive, it should drive less like a boat.

Edited by Voodooman
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1