Both BYD and Tesla will now sell you Cat A versions of their popular Seal and Model 3 saloons

Hypersonic
On 7/5/2024 at 4:32 PM, Soya said:

Model 3 Performance road tax is $3k more but some selling annual depre $2-3k less than Standard range so works out around the same which makes a used Performance a better buy

Model 3 Performance price + 10 years road tax is cheaper than ///M3 and C63se Performance.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
On 7/5/2024 at 4:36 PM, inlinesix said:

Model 3 Performance price + 10 years road tax is cheaper than ///M3 and C63se Performance.

If only I could live with the froggy looks, the plain interior and the odd ball controls....

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
On 7/5/2024 at 4:32 PM, Soya said:

Model 3 Performance road tax is $3k more but some selling annual depre $2-3k less than Standard range so works out around the same which makes a used Performance a better buy

I will avoid used ev in general. At least for now.

Hypersonic
On 7/5/2024 at 4:50 PM, Volvobrick said:

If only I could live with the froggy looks, the plain interior and the odd ball controls....

With the Chinese building their EVs more 人性化, their newer EVs additions are going to get the interior closer to current ICE Vehicles, buttons coming. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)
On 7/5/2024 at 5:36 PM, Tianmo said:

With the Chinese building their EVs more 人性化, their newer EVs additions are going to get the interior closer to current ICE Vehicles, buttons coming. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Yes. Indeed I saw the Xiaomi last week when in zhuguo. Very nice! If only it will come in RHD (maybe the steering wheel can be detached and remounted like the buttons!) and sport wagon hatch like the Taycan. With 500-600 HP. Will be a good first EV for me.

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 7/5/2024 at 2:30 PM, inlinesix said:

Cat A is like diesel pickup truck.  There is torque but no hp.

From 0km/h, it is no issue.

The issue is overtaking in expressway.

Anyway, you will not understand.

For me, fuel efficiency (or I should now say cost efficiency, for EV) is the most important factor for city/urban driving in SG. Expressway now a lot of siao lang, better to just be patient and avoid accidents (another money draining event).

• Praise 1

Supersonic
On 7/5/2024 at 5:44 PM, Volvobrick said:

Yes. Indeed I saw the Xiaomi last week when in zhuguo. Very nice! If only it will come in RHD (maybe the steering wheel can be detached and remounted like the buttons!) and sport wagon hatch like the Taycan. With 500-600 HP. Will be a good first EV for me.

If 500-600 bhp, road tax will be $5-6k then all sian again n not buy....lol

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic

On 7/5/2024 at 5:44 PM, Volvobrick said:

😱

I didn’t know that you are Zhong Guo Ren🤭

Hypersonic
On 7/5/2024 at 6:28 PM, Soya said:

If 500-600 bhp, road tax will be $5-6k then all sian again n not buy....lol

Car price + 10 years Road tax is still cheaper than ///M3 and C63SE performance.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 7/5/2024 at 6:25 PM, Sosaria said:

For me, fuel efficiency (or I should now say cost efficiency, for EV) is the most important factor for city/urban driving in SG. Expressway now a lot of siao lang, better to just be patient and avoid accidents (another money draining event).

Motor efficiency also depends on how you use Regen brake.

Aggressive Regen will be more efficient.

To best way to avoid Siao Lang is BMW

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 7/5/2024 at 6:59 PM, inlinesix said:

Motor efficiency also depends on how you use Regen brake.

Aggressive Regen will be more efficient.

To best way to avoid Siao Lang is BMW

I watched some of the newer EV reviews, and it seems like more Chinese EVs are coming with lesser aggressive regen. Some could not even come to a stop at level 3 (highest ) regen, and level 1 regen feels exactly like driving an ICE Vehicle, need to apply brake as usual. 

Something the Chinese EV makers know that we don't? 

Exactly when I switch over to EV, I would set the regen to the lowest, or turn it off if possible. Firstly I don't think the money/electricity save from the regen can cover the tyre wear, so I might as well drive normally and change the brake pads instead. Secondly, I don't like to relearn how to bring a vehicle to a stop without braking,  I think it's dangerous. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 7/5/2024 at 7:58 PM, Tianmo said:

I watched some of the newer EV reviews, and it seems like more Chinese EVs are coming with lesser aggressive regen. Some could not even come to a stop at level 3 (highest ) regen, and level 1 regen feels exactly like driving a ICE Vehicle, need to apply brake as usual. 

Something the Chinese EV makers know that we don't? 

Exactly when I switch over to EV, I would set the regen to the lowest, or turn it off if possible. Firstly I don't think the money/electricity save from the regen can cover the tyre wear, so I might as well drive normally and change the brake pads instead. Secondly, I don't like to relearn how to bring a vehicle to a stop without braking,  I think it's dangerous. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Since it is brake-by-wire, the car should decide when to use Regen and mechanical brake. That’s Taycan way managing it. I like it this way.

I was saved by Regen brake. I prefer Regen to be main braking force activated by my foot.

Twincharged
On 7/5/2024 at 3:24 PM, Soya said:

Those dinosaurs at vicom still selling Surbo....

Go figure

There is also this scam about stick golden sticker sheets to improve power or whatever. 
and people get taken in!!! 🤣

• Haha! 4

Turbocharged

Our tax regime is just nonsense and outdated.

Nowadays all these things are merely software tuning. It's simply a loophole workaround where they can sell cheap, pay less tax, then later on retune the software to restore power. Nobody will even know.

Our Govt really is penny wise pound foolish.

• Haha! 7

Supersonic
(edited)
On 7/5/2024 at 6:56 PM, inlinesix said:

😱

I didn’t know that you are Zhong Guo Ren🤭

When it comes to EV, the Chinese are way ahead. Good design, useful features. And CHEAP. That's why the West are imposing tariffs. And why I will consider Chinese EV. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 3

Supersonic
On 7/5/2024 at 8:24 PM, Mkl22 said:

There is also this scam about stick golden sticker sheets to improve power or whatever. 
and people get taken in!!! 🤣

Lol...thot the onli sticker that can improve power is tourador sticker 

• Haha! 4

Hypersonic
On 7/5/2024 at 9:16 PM, Benarsenal said:

Our tax regime is just nonsense and outdated.

Nowadays all these things are merely software tuning. It's simply a loophole workaround where they can sell cheap, pay less tax, then later on retune the software to restore power. Nobody will even know.

Our Govt really is penny wise pound foolish.

It has been stupid ever since Big 3 German started selling Cat A cars

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1