Used Mercedes buyer spends $40,000 on repairs

Ct3833

Supersonic
(edited)

Used Mercedes buyer spends $40,000 on repairs, takes dealer to small claims court but case dismissed

...A man bought a pre-owned Mercedes-Benz GLC300 from used car dealer Carro and ended up spending more than $40,000 on repairs within a year...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/used-mercedes-buyer-spends-40000-on-repairs-takes-dealer-to-small-claims-court-but%3famp

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 4

Supersonic

Piston protruding out? Never seen before. Should have post photos to educate us. 

40k for an engine. Must be AMG V8! 

• Haha! 5

Turbocharged

:dizzy: After I read, I also cannot understand at all. I just wonder

Internal Moderator
On 7/2/2024 at 5:35 PM, badlammy said:

The problem is that he bought with car loan. :XD:

MCF ppl won't have such problem 

hahaha 

• Haha! 6

Supersonic

I think he was referring to the  piston(s) hitting the cylinder head, likely some repiar was carried out before and the measurement and adjustment were not done properly 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 7/2/2024 at 4:57 PM, Volvobrick said:

Piston protruding out? Never seen before. Should have post photos to educate us. 

40k for an engine. Must be AMG V8! 

Maybe owner pa 92. Engine knock and broke off from the rod. 

Jipun engine I know around 7 to 10k. 40k overseas can buy half a car.

• Haha! 4

Supersonic
On 7/2/2024 at 5:45 PM, Stratovarius said:

Can shun bian upgrade to V6, shipping included! 

556283410_Screenshot_20240702-1748272.thumb.png.4a95a3187342ee543f23446d34ede8d0.png

• Haha! 9

Supersonic
(edited)
On 7/2/2024 at 5:45 PM, Stratovarius said:

40k is for new engine, my colleague's M2 engine also kaput after bashing through a flood, fortunately insurance honor the replacement because a whole stretch of cars got it, with TP report as proof, the engine replacement cost 40+k.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Sad 1

Supersonic
(edited)
On 7/2/2024 at 5:38 PM, kobayashiGT said:

MCF ppl won't have such problem 

hahaha 

Have lah, the fact that one could afford to pay installment  would already deserve a lot of respect from me.

I saw some used car dealers advertise "easy loan, bankruptcy,  jobless also can approve", wah 😨 i feel like applying but i scare i will become the first one to be rejected by them.😱

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 7

Turbocharged
On 7/2/2024 at 6:24 PM, Ct3833 said:

40k is for new engine, my colleague's M2 engine also kaput after bashing through a flood, fortunately insurance honor the replacement because a whole stretch of cars got it, with TP report as proof, the engine replacement cost 40+k.

I know 40k is for new engine. What I meant is glc typically sells for around 100k overseas new. Engines are not that expensive. Alot of the cost goes to labour. You cant compare a m2 engine with the 4 piston in the glc. My friend replaced his civic engine for around 7k. Kena flood also. 

• Praise 2

Supercharged
On 7/2/2024 at 4:52 PM, Ct3833 said:

Used Mercedes buyer spends $40,000 on repairs, takes dealer to small claims court but case dismissed

...A man bought a pre-owned Mercedes-Benz GLC300 from used car dealer Carro and ended up spending more than $40,000 on repairs within a year...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/used-mercedes-buyer-spends-40000-on-repairs-takes-dealer-to-small-claims-court-but%3famp

Quoted from article... The Stomper said: "If I sell this car to a subsequent buyer due to repair fatigue, this car dealer will again 'certify' it as a grade A car, passing the problem onto another unsuspecting buyer while pocketing the profit.”

This sounds very righteous but I think the hidden meaning and likely translated to mean "If I sell this car back to Carro, I lugi because they already profit from me a fat margin when I bought and I lugi again because I still have a loan. But if someone can settle all this, too bad for the next subsequent buyer." 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 7

Turbocharged
On 7/2/2024 at 5:50 PM, Volvobrick said:

Can shun bian upgrade to V6, shipping included! 

556283410_Screenshot_20240702-1748272.thumb.png.4a95a3187342ee543f23446d34ede8d0.png

Dis wan is oem engine? Lol. 

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
On 7/2/2024 at 7:31 PM, Stratovarius said:

Dis wan is oem engine? Lol. 

Certified used, meaning CONFIRMED plus chop used. 😁

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
On 7/2/2024 at 7:27 PM, Stratovarius said:

I know 40k is for new engine. What I meant is glc typically sells for around 100k overseas new. Engines are not that expensive. Alot of the cost goes to labour. You cant compare a m2 engine with the 4 piston in the glc. My friend replaced his civic engine for around 7k. Kena flood also. 

7k for new engine? So cheap ? I want to switch back to Jap car liao.😁

• Haha! 2

Twincharged
(edited)

Buy Used Car,must buy from @JamescUsed Car,comfirmed Good Condition,or else Money sure can 100 % Refund + 20 % Discount on another Used Car,very Good Value.

Edited by ER-3682
  • Haha! 3

Twincharged

Most likely Engine ''Piang'' is because Owner go to reflash the ECU & get more Power..also most likely the Tuner removed the Revs Limiter...so Engine Speed over the Redline.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic

Beat the face until swollen pretend to be fatty.  Maybe is take high loan buy atas Conti Merc, and this carro know the car is problematic sure will low ball him a buy back. But he talk until like siant like that, so caring for others, not think of ownself first meh? I think is price not right lah, if price right who cares about next buyer, your problem not my problem liao. 

carro is carrot less a t ah? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 11