COE Bidding - July 2024

Hypersonic
On 7/18/2024 at 8:30 AM, Tianmo said:

Those who bought atas cars when COE was low, when come to change car, or must change car time, with high COE, and don't want to pay more, option quite limited.

My side got one GLE downgraded to a forester, a S class downgraded to a E class. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

S class to a E class still not so bad as compared to GLE to forester and 5 series to atto 3. Lol.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 7/18/2024 at 9:22 AM, Rskc said:

Actually I have a slightly different take on people who "downgraded" from atas car to say a good EV. 

It used to be that if one wants a good driving, 50/50 weight distributed, RWD car yet family car, he is pretty limited to, say, 3 series or X3 or some german makes.

Now these premium brand ICE seems exorbitant to me when we can have some EV offering the same (Tesla model X and Y and even MG4) at much cheaper price, with much more features and huge torque and better 0-100kmh timing.

I don't really feel it is a downgrade. I felt more like carrot when I look the ICE prices (Yes, I still like ICE car but not their price!). Maybe just me. 😁

Actually ICE or EV, the price all like carrot. EV car price also not say cheap hor. Like the atto 3.

Edited by 13177
  • Haha! 2

5th Gear
On 7/18/2024 at 9:35 AM, 13177 said:

Actually ICE or EV, the price all like carrot. EV car price also not say cheap hor. Like the atto 3.

You are right!! 🤣 Maybe a smaller sized carrot. 😁

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
On 7/18/2024 at 9:33 AM, 13177 said:

S class to a E class still not so bad as compared to GLE to forester and 5 series to atto 3. Lol.

But they still owned a car and hold on to one COE.  :we-all-gonna-die:

Cannot compare with those who downgrade to BMW (Bus, MRT or Walk) :secret-laugh:

• Haha! 2

Supersonic

Actually when I switched to EV, my habits changes and I am getting much healthier [sly]

Use to drive to market or convenient shops within 700 meters away but now I walk there. :we-all-gonna-die:

Don't want to waste kWh just by driving a short distance. :XD:

Don't feel the pinch when driving ICE. :slow:

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
On 7/18/2024 at 10:21 AM, Maxus-MIFA9 said:

Actually when I switched to EV, my habits changes and I am getting much healthier [sly]

Use to drive to market or convenient shops within 700 meters away but now I walk there. :we-all-gonna-die:

Don't want to waste kWh just by driving a short distance. :XD:

Don't feel the pinch when driving ICE. :slow:

How come don't feel the pinch when driving ICE? You also need to pay for petrol le?!

• Praise 1

Supersonic
On 7/18/2024 at 10:26 AM, 13177 said:

How come don't feel the pinch when driving ICE? You also need to pay for petrol le?!

Petrol kiosks everywhere. Any brands also can top-up and only spend about 10 minutes. 

EV charging not everywhere have yet and if charging, have to wait hours if one use 7.4 KW charger (most common in HDB MSCP). :XD:

• Haha! 6

1st Gear
On 7/18/2024 at 10:40 AM, lastchristmas14 said:

hello! can i check if any BYD drivers managed to get their COE by choosing the non-guaranteed COE package? 

Tot byd ng package is 65-71k coe is on their brochure 

Hypersonic

Ora Good Cat $157k with $15.7k depreciation

vs

Altis (Basic) $158k with $15k depreciation.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 7/18/2024 at 11:27 AM, ksapple said:

Tot byd ng package is 65-71k coe is on their brochure 

Not realistic la

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 7/18/2024 at 7:00 AM, Rskc said:

Many car owners when they switch from old to new, they do not let go or scrap their old car first before getting the new. This means for every new car bought with a trade in, a COE is consumed in advance before the current/old car is being scraped or exported. I personally haven't know of any colleagues, relatives or friends who has gone 1 day without car since driving. The cut n fill mitigated this quite a bit. Plus the shift of models from cat B to cat A...

How to get overtrade if they scrap their old car first? :D 

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 7/18/2024 at 1:45 AM, Benarsenal said:

It's just a shift in demand, Cat B to Cat A.

I know a friend who went from 5 Series to Atto 3.

huh really. I would have thought maybe iX1 or minimum model 3.

dont mind driving new vezel

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
(edited)
On 7/18/2024 at 11:37 AM, inlinesix said:

Ora Good Cat $157k with $15.7k depreciation

vs

Altis (Basic) $158k with $15k depreciation.

Altis. Can renew coe again and again. Let’s see Ora meow meow do that. 😂

don’t even think there will be any parts around 10years later

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic
On 7/18/2024 at 9:33 AM, 13177 said:

Yalor...a mersaylee is still a mersaylee...the rests are totally different stealership...i.mean dealership 😁

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
On 7/18/2024 at 1:57 PM, mersaylee said:

Yalor...a mersaylee is still a mersaylee...the rests are totally different stealership...i.mean dealership 😁

Also must see hor. If S class to a A class, then also quite a big downgrade even still a mersaylee. For some people even downgrade to a C class also cannot take it if you were in S class level.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 7/18/2024 at 2:24 PM, 13177 said:

Also must see hor. If S class to a A class, then also quite a big downgrade even still a mersaylee. For some people even downgrade to a C class also cannot take it if you were in S class level.

From a S300 to A45...i tink it's not a downgrade...but...neuro surgeon ornot...it's probably a midlife crisis...😁

• Haha! 2

5th Gear
On 7/18/2024 at 2:24 PM, 13177 said:

Like condo "downgrade" to hdb, same same but different?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1