COE Bidding - July 2024

On 7/10/2024 at 6:25 PM, Fellows said:

Hmmm

Actually I dunno what is the logic? Don't the demand for EV come from ICE switch-over?

They meant there is so much completely new car buyers that had never own car before? 

On 7/17/2024 at 2:07 PM, Alfc said:

Actually I dunno what is the logic? Don't the demand for EV come from ICE switch-over?

They meant there is so much completely new car buyers that had never own car before? 

It's a rubbish title to fool prospective buyers. Most of us know the super high COE is caused by PHV leasing companies.

On 7/17/2024 at 4:04 PM, Tianmo said:

Cat B die die must hold at 6 digits. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Number sibei nice. Exact 100k sia. 

Edited by Daniu82

On 7/17/2024 at 9:10 PM, mersaylee said:

I tink someone's assigned VRN open 2nd prize today...tio boh? @Maxus-MIFA9😁

Jump, didn't buy system bet..... :TT_TT:

VPN is 6847 :lll._.:

On 7/17/2024 at 9:12 PM, Maxus-MIFA9 said:

Jump, didn't buy system bet..... :TT_TT:

VPN is 6847 :lll._.:

Close but not close enuf...just now i bought 80 dollah ah lian...thanks to singpool...exactly 2 dollah ibet...jiak free 😂

It's just a shift in demand, Cat B to Cat A.

I know a friend who went from 5 Series to Atto 3.

Many car owners when they switch from old to new, they do not let go or scrap their old car first before getting the new. This means for every new car bought with a trade in, a COE is consumed in advance before the current/old car is being scraped or exported. I personally haven't know of any colleagues, relatives or friends who has gone 1 day without car since driving. The cut n fill mitigated this quite a bit. Plus the shift of models from cat B to cat A...

Edited by Rskc

On 7/18/2024 at 1:45 AM, Benarsenal said:

It's just a shift in demand, Cat B to Cat A.

I know a friend who went from 5 Series to Atto 3.

Consider downgrade? Lol.

On 7/18/2024 at 7:48 AM, 13177 said:

Consider downgrade? Lol.

Those who bought atas cars when COE was low, when come to change car, or must change car time, with high COE, and don't want to pay more, option quite limited.

My side got one GLE downgraded to a forester, a S class downgraded to a E class. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

On 7/18/2024 at 7:48 AM, 13177 said:

Consider downgrade? Lol.

Actually I have a slightly different take on people who "downgraded" from atas car to say a good EV. 

It used to be that if one wants a good driving, 50/50 weight distributed, RWD car yet family car, he is pretty limited to, say, 3 series or X3 or some german makes.

Now these premium brand ICE seems exorbitant to me when we can have some EV offering the same (Tesla model X and Y and even MG4) at much cheaper price, with much more features and huge torque and better 0-100kmh timing.

I don't really feel it is a downgrade. I felt more like carrot when I look the ICE prices (Yes, I still like ICE car but not their price!). Maybe just me. 😁

Edited by Rskc