COE Bidding - July 2024

1st Gear
On 7/3/2024 at 2:44 PM, inlinesix said:

Despite local assembly, it is away above $23k OMV.

It is locally fitted tats is y at that price with all the bells and whistles, non of komoco ev has the same function as locally assembled ioniq

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)
On 7/3/2024 at 8:00 AM, Rskc said:

Will be interesting what dealers are going to do when CAT A and B are almost at parity. Will it happen? 😁

Every brand and EV model go into Cat A, Cat A goes up and close up with Cat B.

Everyone go buy Cat B and Cat B goes further up. 

Cat B becomes too high and everyone goes back Cat A.

The cycle continues and PAP huat x 3! 😂

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

5th Gear
On 7/4/2024 at 10:09 AM, Lethalstrike said:

Every brand and EV model go into Cat A, Cat A goes up and close up with Cat B.

Everyone go buy Cat B and Cat B goes further up. 

Cat B becomes too high and everyone goes back Cat A.

The cycle continues and PAP huat x 3! 😂

This can only apply to ICE car. EV cars is hard to go back to Cat B once Cat A model is made available. For e.g. Model 3 6.1s vs 8.6s 0-100kmh may not be that relevant on SG road but the EV road tax difference is big! 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 7/4/2024 at 11:55 AM, Rskc said:

This can only apply to ICE car. EV cars is hard to go back to Cat B once Cat A model is made available. For e.g. Model 3 6.1s vs 8.6s 0-100kmh may not be that relevant on SG road but the EV road tax difference is big! 

In the grand scheme of things $1,562 vs $2,136

🤔

• Haha! 3

5th Gear
On 7/4/2024 at 12:02 PM, inlinesix said:

In the grand scheme of things $1,562 vs $2,136

🤔

I know this is going to come. 😄 It is about point of reference...ICE 1.5T $700 vs $1500 Cat A ev vs $2100 Cat B ev, it is the mental block of having to pay 2x more vs ICE for any new EV owner wannabe. 1x more is more palatable for many. 😁

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
On 7/4/2024 at 12:51 PM, Rskc said:

I know this is going to come. 😄 It is about point of reference...ICE 1.5T $700 vs $1500 Cat A ev vs $2100 Cat B ev, it is the mental block of having to pay 2x more vs ICE for any new EV owner wannabe. 1x more is more palatable for many. 😁

I had said many many many times that iCE road tax is seriously outdated.

How can A250 & A45s pay the same road tax amount?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

5th Gear
On 7/4/2024 at 1:42 PM, inlinesix said:

I had said many many many times that iCE road tax is seriously outdated.

How can A250 & A45s pay the same road tax amount?

Understand your point but this is another discussion altogether. 😊 The current reference point is ICE road tax regardless if it is outdated since 90% are ICE now. 

Supersonic
On 7/4/2024 at 2:12 PM, Rskc said:

Understand your point but this is another discussion altogether. 😊 The current reference point is ICE road tax regardless if it is outdated since 90% are ICE now. 

Should be 88% as of June as many EV on the road.  I also just joint the EV percentage :XD:

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
(edited)
On 7/4/2024 at 12:51 PM, Rskc said:

Actually, if one is in the market for an EV, it's also likely they would be considering Cat A vs Cat B of the same EV model, aka BYD Seal, Atto 3, Tesla Model 3, IONIQ 5 etc, rather than taking reference from an ICE 1.5T. 

$2,100 - $1,500 = $600 difference per year is really negligible in the grand scheme of car ownership costs in Singapore. I know some will rather go for the full fat Cat B equivalent for $600 more per year, as there is still a difference in 0-100 acceleration. Some will want the unfettered EV acceleration experience. I did ask some of my friends Cat A or B Model 3 they will go for today, and I'm surprised most said the Cat B version. If A & B difference continue to be at $10k-$15k gap, I think such thinking will be prevalent.

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 6

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 7/4/2024 at 2:28 PM, Lethalstrike said:

Actually, if one is in the market for an EV, it's also likely they would be considering Cat A vs Cat B of the same EV model, aka BYD Seal, Atto 3, Tesla Model 3, IONIQ 5 etc, rather than taking reference from an ICE 1.5T. 

$2,100 - $1,500 = $600 difference per year is really negligible in the grand scheme of car ownership costs in Singapore. I know some will rather go for the full fat Cat B equivalent for $600 more per year, as there is still a difference in 0-100 acceleration. Some will want the unfettered EV acceleration experience. I did ask some of my friends Cat A or B Model 3 they will go for today, and I'm surprised most said the Cat B version. If A & B difference continue to be at $10k-$15k gap, I think such thinking will be prevalent.

model 3, seal is still more aspiration ownership vs really looking cents and dollars.

Budget B&B EV will definitely be more for whatever saves them the most substantially. Whatever the other chinese EV manufacturers bring in to fight with atto 3.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 4

Hypersonic
On 7/4/2024 at 2:12 PM, Rskc said:

Cat A Model 3 vs VW Golf 1.5 make sense

Cat B Model 3 vs VW Golf 1.5 does not make sense at all.

Cat B Model 3 power is comparable to 3L ICE.

If ppl can't see that, better avoid EV. Siah Swee le.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 7/4/2024 at 2:35 PM, Lala81 said:

model 3, seal is still more aspiration ownership vs really looking cents and dollars.

Budget B&B EV will definitely be more for whatever saves them the most substantially. Whatever the other chinese EV manufacturers bring in to fight with atto 3.

For budget B&B EV, there are Ora Good Cat, AION E5, BYD Dolphin & MG ZS.

All these are below $165k.

EV with both Cat A & B are usually around $200k.

5th Gear
On 7/4/2024 at 2:35 PM, Lala81 said:

I just realise my random chosen example of model 3 may be a wrong example. 😂

5th Gear
On 7/4/2024 at 2:40 PM, inlinesix said:

Cat A Model 3 vs VW Golf 1.5 make sense

Cat B Model 3 vs VW Golf 1.5 does not make sense at all.

Cat B Model 3 power is comparable to 3L ICE.

If ppl can't see that, better avoid EV. Siah Swee le.

Tesla model 3 Cat A is like a c class c160 of yesteryears. May be sia suay but it sells. Many in SG are brand whore. Else, I would already have chosen an alfa to drive. Just that i cannot stomach the loss when I wanna change ride in 4~5 years time. 

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 7/4/2024 at 3:16 PM, Rskc said:

Tesla model 3 Cat A is like a c class c160 of yesteryears. May be sia suay but it sells. Many in SG are brand whore. Else, I would already have chosen an alfa to drive. Just that i cannot stomach the loss when I wanna change ride in 4~5 years time. 

Tesla is ranked so much lower than Merc.  The price difference Cat A & B Model 3 is $10k.

On the other hand, the price difference btw Merc C180 and C300 is huge.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

5th Gear
On 7/4/2024 at 3:36 PM, inlinesix said:

Tesla is ranked so much lower than Merc.  The price difference Cat A & B Model 3 is $10k.

On the other hand, the price difference btw Merc C180 and C300 is huge.

Depends on who you ask in real world feedback. My china colleague last week just told me tesla in China is a graduate's first car (no hard feelings to tesla owners here!). My kid asked me when I bought an EV to try, "Dad, why didn't you buy a Tesla?". He further told me that his secondary friends only know Tesla and are totally not interested about merc n bimmers, let alone c160, c300 or s500. 😆

The world has changed. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Hypersonic
On 7/4/2024 at 7:22 PM, Rskc said:

Depends on who you ask in real world feedback. My china colleague last week just told me tesla in China is a graduate's first car (no hard feelings to tesla owners here!). My kid asked me when I bought an EV to try, "Dad, why didn't you buy a Tesla?". He further told me that his secondary friends only know Tesla and are totally not interested about merc n bimmers, let alone c160, c300 or s500. 😆

The world has changed. 

Halo, fresh grad earns RMB5k. How to buy car?🤭

Tesla is an IT Product rather than car

• Haha! 3

Twincharged
On 7/4/2024 at 8:46 PM, inlinesix said:

Halo, fresh grad earns RMB5k. How to buy car?🤭

Tesla is an IT Product rather than car

Tesla and EV is a Electrical appliance mostly ...LOL 

↡ Advertisement