• Cat E => $158,004 [Oct 2023]

Lowest Record

• Cat A => $2 [Nov 2008]
  • Cat B => $200 [Jan 2009]
  • Cat C => $1 [Mar 2007]
  • Cat D => $1 [Mar 2003]
  • Cat E => $3,000 [Feb 2009]

Upcoming Bidding Exercise

The details of the July 1st open bidding exercise for Certificates of Entitlement (COEs) are as follows:

Tender opens: Monday, 1 July 2024, 12 noon
Tender closes: Wednesday, 3 July 2024, 4.00 pm
Tender results: Wednesday, 3 July 2024 
(Available on www.onemotoring.lta.gov.sg)

The total quota available for this tender is 2,545 for the following vehicle categories:

NON-TRANSFERABLE CATEGORIES
Category A : Cars (up to 1,600cc and maximum power up to 97kW (130bhp); and fully electric car with maximum power up to 110kW (147bhp)) => 967
Category B : Cars 
(above 1,600cc or maximum power above 97kW (130bhp); and fully electric car with maximum power above 110kW (147bhp)) => 671
Category D : Motorcycles => 517

TRANSFERABLE CATEGORIES
Category C : Goods Vehicles and Buses => 214
Category E : Open Category => 176

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

Turbocharged

COE thread these days are for people to shout "Up up, down down" and "My AD did not bid for me" :XD:

Nothing else is discussed as the COE usually is high. Haha

• Haha! 12

1st Gear

Let me make a wild guess for July COE: -

Cat A : $100,000

Cat B: $101,000

open Cat: $105,000

With COE premium remaining at 6 digit figure, even those who pay full cash are starting to look at pre-owned ride, so traffic here is naturally lower.

OK, let me start a topic for discussion. With more manufacturers detuning their EV to meet cat A power output limit (Tesla, BMW, BYD, Hyundai, etc.), cat A premium is going to catch up with cat B soon. I have one suggestion, see if it workable.

Let just have a single type / cat of COE and premium for different car will be as follows:

• <1,600 cc => 1x COE premium
  • 1,601 - 3,000 cc => 1.2x COE premium
  • >3,000 cc => 2x COE premium
  • EV (regardless of power output) => 0.8x COE Premium (to encourage switching to EV, the diff can be recovered by higher road tax)
  • PHV (regardless of power output) => 2x COE premium (similar to company registered car used to pay 2x of everything)
  • Commercial Vehicles => 0.6x COE premium (better not be too high else we end user will be footing the bill)
  • Motorcycle => 0.2x COE premium

Consumers shall decide the distribution of different category of COE and eliminate the need for LTA to recalibrate the quota for different category once every few years.

I59uG97.jpg

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 5

Supersonic
On 7/1/2024 at 7:57 PM, Carbon82 said:

With COE premium remaining at 6 digit figure, even those who pay full cash are starting to look at pre-owned ride, so traffic here is naturally lower.

OK, let me start a topic for discussion. With more manufacturers detuning their EV to meet cat A power output limit (Tesla, BMW, BYD, Hyundai, etc.), cat A premium is going to catch up with cat B soon. I have one suggestion, see if it workable.

Let just have a single type / cat of COE and premium for different car will be as follows:

• <1,600 cc => 1x COE premium
  • 1,601 - 3,000 cc => 1.2x COE premium
  • >3,000 cc => 2x COE premium
  • EV (regardless of power output) => 0.8x COE Premium (to encourage switching to EV, the diff can be recovered by higher road tax)
  • PHV (regardless of power output) => 2x COE premium (similar to company registered car used to pay 2x of everything)
  • Commercial Vehicles => 0.6x COE premium (better not be too high else we end user will be footing the bill)
  • Motorcycle => 0.2x COE premium

Consumers shall decide the distribution of different category of COE and eliminate the need for LTA to recalibrate the quota for different category once every few years.

I59uG97.jpg

Don't think LTA will calculate this way. [sly]

Why slaughter a 'milking cow' ? :slow:

For example if COE drop to $10,000/-  then 2x will equal to only $20,000/- in their pocket. :TT_TT:

Unless LTA fix a permanent premium of $90,000/- across the board except Cat D (m/cycle) :XD:

Hypersonic

Just make it simple by removing all  PHV to same category taxi, so all of them bid for this category.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged
On 7/2/2024 at 8:24 AM, Theoldjaffa said:

Page 1 and all the best to bros securing the COE!

Still page one. Hahaha

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic

Hearsay BYD will all-in in this round… Let’s see😅

• Praise 1

3rd Gear
On 7/2/2024 at 9:13 AM, RH1667 said:

Just make it simple by removing all  PHV to same category taxi, so all of them bid for this category.

can be done.. but that also mean reducing the quota in Cat A, B and Open cat given zero growth rate.. then in the end the COE might remain high given the reduced quota.

• Praise 2

6th Gear

Unless we see any policy change or sudden increase in COE supply, my take is COE premium will likely hover at this level till end of 2024. 

↡ Advertisement