RIP: Donald Sutherland

Kb27

Supersonic

Many people will remember his role in the Hunger Games as President Snow.

Donald Sutherland, Don’t Look Now and Hunger Games actor, dies aged 88

4594.jpg?width=1900&dpr=2&s=none

Donald Sutherland, whose acting career spanned six decades and included starring in such highly acclaimed films as Don’t Look Now, M*A*S*H and The Hunger Games, has died aged 88.

He died in Miami after a long illness, confirmed by his representatives.

His son, actor Kiefer Sutherland, also shared the news on X. “With a heavy heart, I tell you that my father, Donald Sutherland, has passed away,” he wrote. “I personally think one of the most important actors in the history of film. Never daunted by a role, good, bad or ugly. He loved what he did and did what he loved, and one can never ask for more than that. A life well lived.”

A prolific actor who appeared in more than 190 films and TV shows, Sutherland embodied an off-kilter appeal that served him brilliantly in a series of classic 1970s movies, which gradually evolved into a veteran gravitas in the latter stages of his career. He did not win a major award for any of his film roles (and was never nominated for a conventional Oscar), but did win two Golden Globes for best supporting actor for the TV movies Citizen X (in 1996) and Path to War (in 2003). Sutherland received an honorary Oscar in 2017.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/article/2024/jun/20/actor-donald-sutherland-dies-hunger-games-dont-look-now

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 4

Hypersonic

RIP

One mark of a good actor, is that when they act psychotic or as the antagonist, you really believe it. He's one of them.

Hypersonic

RIP. But I know his brother more, coz of the TV series 24 and his impersonation as Slash.

Hypersonic
On 6/21/2024 at 12:02 PM, Ender said:

RIP. But I know his brother more, coz of the TV series 24 and his impersonation as Slash.

24 should be his son. Kiefer 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 6/21/2024 at 12:07 PM, Lala81 said:

24 should be his son. Kiefer 

His son ar.. my mistake. Ya I am more familiar with Kiefer's shows..

↡ Advertisement