40 members have voted

1. 1. Will you stick to EV

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Supersonic
On 6/19/2024 at 10:41 AM, Kklee said:

IMHO.
Hybrid could be opposite.  I am getting about 20% more than the claimed WLTP km/L.  🀣

Just curious, what hybrid are you driving? More than 1200km on 1 tank. Β I need to buy one.

↑ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

6th Gear
(edited)
On 6/19/2024 at 4:38 PM, Voodooman said:

Just curious, what hybrid are you driving? More than 1200km on 1 tank. Β I need to buy one.

IMHO.
Toyota Corolla Cross Hybrid - based on last pump full tank, calculation should be about 1000km.Β  WLTP is around 800km.
Average should be around 95 km per full tank.Β 
The 1200 km I think came about because usually is 80% ( if like EV ) therefore need to be rated at 1200km in order to get 1000km. 🀣

P.S.Β  Β FC figures still in experimental stage.Β  Β Last full tank using Techron Concentrate and close to recommended tyre pressure.
Apparently, higher tyre pressure "worse" FC ? 🀣

Edited by Kklee
  • Praise 2

Supersonic
(edited)
On 6/18/2024 at 1:26 PM, Lethalstrike said:

Sometimes those who said they got duped into buying an EV and got disappointed are those who drank the entire EV marketing kool-aid. I mean if a brand advertise it as 550km WLTP range, you will need to deduct 20% in real world range. And if you charge to 80% only to preserve batt life, its even lesser. They discovered this is the truth during ownership and swear that they won't be touching an EV ever again.

Β 

In Singapore...what is WLTP? I am even prepared to go Mini EV (one of the shittiest range) if I am convinced of my own use case scenario.

Issues I have with EVs:

1) stupid EV road tax

2) EV rebate that AD makan up front and you pay for it later when you sell

3) battery degradation and electric motor degradation that no sane 2nd hand buyer in the market is willing to take the risk for unless you willing to take a serious hair cut off the selling price

4) slow charging (anything more than 15min full top up is slow).

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 5

Turbocharged
On 6/20/2024 at 11:00 AM, Vratenza said:

In Singapore...what is WLTP? I am even prepared to go Mini EV (one of the shittiest range) if I am convinced of my own use case scenario.

Issues I have with EVs:

1) stupid EV road tax

3) battery degradation and electric motor degradation that no sane 2nd hand buyer in the market is willing to take the risk for unless you willing to take a serious hair cut off the selling price

No.1 & 2 are uniquely Singapore, so its CCB PAP and LTA 🀣

No.2 one can still argue can buy a Tesla as they are direct. But still doesn't change the fact that when you scrap, VES and EEAI will be deducted from your ARF.Β 

No.3 is fair enough of a concern. The electric motor should really be the least of your concern. Battery wise you can always go back AD and pay a fee and ask them to do a readout of the actual SoH (State of Health).Β 

High powered DC fast chargers (>250kW output) are still not a common place here. And not many EVs can do faster than 200kW on DC charging also.Β 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 6/20/2024 at 11:00 AM, Vratenza said:

Issues I have with EVs:

1) stupid EV road tax

1. Road tax for ICE car is seriously outdated, it should be aligned to EV.

2. That’s not an issue if you buy Tesla.

3. Battery is not an issue unless you drive 20k km per annum. Used car dealer will always find reasons to press price.

4. Condo ppl issue, mostlyΒ 

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 6/20/2024 at 11:56 AM, Lethalstrike said:

No.2 one can still argue can buy a Tesla as they are direct. But still doesn't change the fact that when you scrap, VES and EEAI will be deducted from your ARF.Β 

No.3 is fair enough of a concern. The electric motor should really be the least of your concern. Battery wise you can always go back AD and pay a fee and ask them to do a readout of the actual SoH (State of Health).Β 

High powered DC fast chargers (>250kW output) are still not a common place here. And not many EVs can do faster than 200kW on DC charging also.Β 

If 1 didn’t pay for the rebate, it is non-issue.

Supersonic
(edited)
On 6/20/2024 at 11:56 AM, Lethalstrike said:

I am as much of an anti-Tesla as I am anti-Apple. I am not anti-EV as @RadXΒ always like to say...:XD:

Both may manufacture arguably decent products...but IMHO, mostly for people who don't do much critical thinking......right @RadX? Fire blanket on!Β :grin:

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

On 6/20/2024 at 12:18 PM, Vratenza said:

I am as much of an anti-Tesla as I am anti-Apple. I am not anti-EV as @RadXΒ always like to say...:XD:

Both may manufacture arguably decent products...but IMHO, mostly for people who don't do much critical thinking......right @RadX? Fire blanket on!Β :grin:

I use android and apple so … what’s ur pointπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

BD44041C-7F76-4CA0-9FF8-03302839C354.gif

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
On 6/20/2024 at 12:22 PM, RadX said:

I use android and apple so … what’s ur pointπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

BD44041C-7F76-4CA0-9FF8-03302839C354.gif

my point is .... choosing Tesla is not an option to convince someone like me to get into EV just because Tesla pass on the full rebate to the buyers.

but...

no

body

cares

:grin:

• Haha! 2

On 6/20/2024 at 12:51 PM, Vratenza said:

my point is .... choosing Tesla is not an option to convince someone like me to get into EV just because Tesla pass on the full rebate to the buyers.

but...

no

body

cares

you no need calculator ah? @TianmoΒ askingπŸ˜ƒ

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
On 6/20/2024 at 12:53 PM, RadX said:

you no need calculator ah? @TianmoΒ askingπŸ˜ƒ

KNN you think calculator can suka suka one ah? Must be educated first hor, non Tesla education one give abacus only, then no need to press. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Β 

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
On 6/19/2024 at 10:54 PM, Kklee said:

IMHO.
Toyota Corolla Cross Hybrid - based on last pump full tank, calculation should be about 1000km.Β  WLTP is around 800km.
The 1200 km I think came about because usually is 80% ( if like EV ) therefore need to be rated at 1200km in order to get 1000km. 🀣

P.S.Β  Β FC figures still in experimental stage.Β  Β Last full tank using Techron Concentrate and close to recommended tyre pressure.

If you are going very light foot to achieve claim FC, please keep to left lane.

I will enjoy the addition power then trying to achieve tge FC target.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic

Same same..

Β No Tesla and Apple for me πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

6th Gear
On 6/20/2024 at 1:10 PM, Tohto said:

If you are going very light foot to achieve claim FC, please keep to left lane.

I will enjoy the addition power then trying to achieve tge FC target.

IMHO.
No need to be light footed - just use DRCC, no need use foot. 🀣
I did one tank mostly set to power mode,  difference about 50km. 🀣

Β 

Β 

• Haha! 1

6th Gear

IMHO.
I would say am anti-Tesla and anti-Apple - buy competitors to help them both to improve. 🀣

• Haha! 1

On 6/20/2024 at 12:51 PM, Vratenza said:

but...

no

body

cares

Any way

Β 

u jus anti

papSMEAR laπŸ˜‚

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
On 6/19/2024 at 9:54 PM, Kklee said:

IMHO.

Claimed FC of Toyota Cross Hybrid on its 43L tank is 1,100km but 1000km per tank is very decent and really fuel sipping.

Charging infrastructure aside, based on my back of envelope calculation, a Tesla 3 is however still cheaper to run if you exclude the additional road tax (maybe $1k more?) but I will take the 6s Tesla 3 over the Toyota anytime, the drive is a lot nicer. They are in the same price point of $200k, I think.Β 
Β 

↑ Advertisement