1. 1. Will you stick to EV

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Twincharged
(edited)
On 2/21/2024 at 9:13 AM, Kklee said:

IMHO.
I think the initial cost for such installation is high - anything green usually come with a cost and will cost more.Β 
I reckon charging EV at own home will save 40-50%.Β 

Β 

plus anytime something is wrong, you need scaffolding to inspect or replace. all these costs are getting really out of hand due to all the safety requirements. in the end just keep it simple. less hassles and stuff to deal with. one time go up roof is at least $1k... so SMLJ savings in the end...

if you live in an area where there is algae growth , then worst still. need to clean the panels often else the efficiency drops.

Edited by Mkl22
↑ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 2/21/2024 at 2:37 PM, Mkl22 said:

plus anytime something is wrong, you need scaffolding to inspect or replace. all these costs are getting really out of hand due to all the safety requirements. in the end just keep it simple. less hassles and stuff to deal with. one time go up roof is at least $1k... so SMLJ savings in the end...

if you live in an area where there is algae growth , then worst still. need to clean the panels often else the efficiency drops.

To save money/make sense like other things must learn minimal DIY. If not even a leaking facuet will cost you hundreds.Β 

• Praise 1

On 2/21/2024 at 2:36 PM, RadX said:

normally stand is erected but nvmβ€¦πŸ˜‚

There'll cum a day you can't stand anything including EV...yolo...maximise the time left...😁

• Haha! 2

IMHO.
Some don't even paint the exterior of their landed let alone maintain solar panel system.Β 

• Haha! 2

On 1/3/2022 at 3:29 PM, inlinesix said:

Nissan Leaf depreciation is 17k

Tesla Model 3 depreciation is 18k

BMW 318 depreciation is 21k.

I do not remember BMW 318i depreciation this high.Β 

On 10/9/2023 at 1:29 PM, Silverkris said:

EV is not environment friendly in Singapore context, we burn gas etc to get our power supply here, just a nobel name to pass the emission around.

Unless 80% of our electricity power can get by solar, hydro, wind, I do not think driving an EV is good for the environment, just a commercial trend to make you believe so.

I will fully support Toyota hydrogen powered vehicle ifΒ  it is fully workable and safe. We have abundance of Hydrogen, and the by products H2O is definitely what we need anyway.

Yeah, I support those FCEVs too like the Toyota Mirai! H2O as a byproduct is not bad!

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

My worries is when there is a leak, roof guy will say he does not touch solar panels,Β  then i need to get the solar guy to come in, later dont know end up like what mess to handle.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

6th Gear
On 3/31/2024 at 5:56 PM, Ct3833 said:

My worries is when there is a leak, roof guy will say he does not touch solar panels,Β  then i need to get the solar guy to come in, later dont know end up like what mess to handle.

IMHO.
Normal.  Roof guy don't know solar. Solar guy don't know roof.   Solar guy last,  just drill. 🀣

• Haha! 2

Twincharged
(edited)
On 3/31/2024 at 6:06 PM, Kklee said:

IMHO.
Normal.  Roof guy don't know solar. Solar guy don't know roof.   Solar guy last,  just drill. 🀣

Excellent opportunity for them to taiji the problem. I hate such problems. That’s why they are called CONtractors. convince, confuse, contradict then con. πŸ˜‚

Edited by Mkl22
  • Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie

https://forms.gle/aZXAKJXV1Q3sPVPP6Β 

Hi! I am a student currently writing a research paper that is relevant to this topic. I hope you guys can lend a helping hand to help fill up this survey. The responses will be kept confidential and only be used for my research. Your help is greatly appreciated, thank you! :)

Supersonic
(edited)
On 3/31/2024 at 10:27 PM, abriel said:

https://forms.gle/aZXAKJXV1Q3sPVPP6Β 

Hi! I am a student currently writing a research paper that is relevant to this topic. I hope you guys can lend a helping hand to help fill up this survey. The responses will be kept confidential and only be used for my research. Your help is greatly appreciated, thank you! πŸ™‚

Your questionnaire looks genuine but to convince the audience that your request is legit, you may want provide a link to your legit profile to facilitate validation.Β 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Update to the topic: Now it is really cheaper to own a EV in CHINA. Price wars has the main players (BYD, TESLA and others) to drop their prices drastically to fight the new comer XIAOMI. Now only SGD20,000 can get you a very decent EV by BYD.image.png.a922b03340a29c930331e36a62863645.png

Supersonic
On 4/1/2024 at 1:29 PM, Silverkris said:

Update to the topic: Now it is really cheaper to own a EV in CHINA. Price wars has the main players (BYD, TESLA and others) to drop their prices drastically to fight the new comer XIAOMI. Now only SGD20,000 can get you a very decent EV by BYD.image.png.a922b03340a29c930331e36a62863645.png

In China.... Here AD makan the rebates/lower OMV, while Gahmen makan the fuel savings!

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)
On 2/21/2024 at 2:23 PM, Vratenza said:

Yes,Β  I stand corrected...Β 

https://www.greenmatch.co.uk/blog/2014/11/how-efficient-are-solar-panels

The efficiency as well as the degradation is something that needs alot of improvement...Β 

I thought efficiency is largely (not all) a function of the amount of sunlight the panel get in a day?Β 

Edited by Voodooman

Supersonic
(edited)
On 4/1/2024 at 1:35 PM, Volvobrick said:

In China.... Here AD makan the rebates/lower OMV, while Gahmen makan the fuel savings!

Buyers makan shit.Β πŸ˜…

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 2

Twincharged

This new situation with Iranian May lead to another round of oil price hike.

Β 

• Praise 1

Nice points, but I'd say it really depends on where you are. Most of the time, I live in the UK, and you know all the stories about the cloudy weather and stuff. So, for us, relying on solar plants, especially when it comes to EVs, is not the best idea.
But I visited my friend in Australia, and I think they have all the potential to switch to EVs in big cities.

Supersonic
On 4/18/2024 at 6:52 PM, AlexanderArk17 said:

Nice points, but I'd say it really depends on where you are. Most of the time, I live in the UK, and you know all the stories about the cloudy weather and stuff. So, for us, relying on solar plants, especially when it comes to EVs, is not the best idea.
But I visited my friend in Australia, and I think they have all the potential to switch to EVs in big cities.

UK's type of weather means imore wind than solar, Australia got both.Β 

But Australia is 30x bigger than UK, it should be easier/cheaper to build a nationwide charging infrastructure in UK. Β 

↑ Advertisement