Planning to get new Rims & Tyres

Boomberx

Clutched

Hi All, I am planning to upgrade my current 17" to 18" Rims. Anyone knows which are the most budget and reliable tyre brands that I can get? I mean overall including the Rims as well. I am planning not to go beyond 1k as my budget is below 1k for everything. Hopefully anyone can help recommend any great workshop out there that can accommodate my budget for now... Thanks in advance!

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic
On 6/7/2024 at 1:21 PM, Boomberx said:

Hi All, I am planning to upgrade my current 17" to 18" Rims. Anyone knows which are the most budget and reliable tyre brands that I can get? I mean overall including the Rims as well. I am planning not to go beyond 1k as my budget is below 1k for everything. Hopefully anyone can help recommend any great workshop out there that can accommodate my budget for now... Thanks in advance!

Carouhell got tons of rims and budget for u to decide..

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged

I've a friend who's thinking of downgrading his 19" to 17".

Can ask what is your car model?  🙂

Internal Moderator

1000 for rims and tyres?

Supercharged

good/cheap, choose 1 😄

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

6th Gear

New tyres already close to 1k. Forget about the rims la, 17 to 18 not much diff anyways.

• Praise 1

For reference, back in 2018 I paid $800 for 15" new Conti (CCC I think) tyres and SSW rims at a Stamford Tyres.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

The only way is used rim with non branded tyres.

go AL find. 

Branded with new rims( tw) prepare 2k.

Branded tyres with Branded rim . 4k

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

rich pple in here... 15" Conti for 800? thats a little steep... same class as ps4s?

18" tires about 600 to 750 bah...

if bo budget, just change proper tyres... u drive myvi or ferrari, botak tyres also buang de

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 6/9/2024 at 8:48 AM, awhtc said:

18 inches is quite heavy... this impacts the acceleration and fuel economy.  The cost of tyres goes up exponentially as well.

Good forge rim will be as heavy as stock.

But no good for pocket 

6th Gear
On 6/9/2024 at 9:48 AM, inlinesix said:

Good forge rim will be as heavy as stock.

But no good for pocket 

Think you mis wrote 😂 good forge rim will be lighter than stock and feel via acceleration and Corning. 

I change mine to Volks racing NE24 at Stamford, feel the difference via the 2 points mention above 

Turbocharged
On 6/9/2024 at 10:23 AM, BanCoe said:

Anything ……, tyres bestest ask @RadX 

He said go change car instead.

• Haha! 1

Clutched

Thanks all, I think go malaysia change better and cheaper haha the prices here are all super high. About 800 just for tyres and rims are 950 almost 2k for all. Malaysia is about 1.3k for good tyres and brand new rims

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Clutched

@awhtc Thanks appreciate the advice I will definitely not go for 18" after this sentence haha. I'm trying to save fuel not add on more.. 

• Praise 1

Clutched

@Beregond Thanks for the advice! Yea I tried contacting AL tyres quite on the high side.. even Mjestic Tyres as well..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1