Car delivery at PML

(edited)
On 5/30/2024 at 11:57 PM, Carbon82 said:

True about good mood vs bad mood when buying / collecting new car.

4 times is nothing compared to mine. My Honda Stream got hit 9 times in 4.5 years! 2 hit and run at different carpark, a few on the expressway and slip road (none was my fault), 1 on the causeway and even par you also kena bang by lorry right at the petrol kiosk.

My first new car has the front bumper repaired without my knowledge, until the day I am selling my car, a dealer pointed out to me some rough  patches (and a piece of masking tape) on the inner part of the bumper. Lesson learnt.

I did  the same when I got my Crossroad from a PI. When I book the car, get the PI to pen down the chassis number in the S&P and when the car reached Singapore warehouse, I make arrangement to view and check the car, and 2 days before collecting the car, check it again at PI compound (with locally fitted leather seat and rims).

Although my sales person is very accommodative, he also commended that I am the only customer who did this. :D

Wah Andy Lau! :D

8x9QUOF.png

Congrat bro. So you trade in your 5008 for Tesla Y?

Yes hahaaha

Not trade in

5008 i sell to other dealer

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

On 5/31/2024 at 12:22 AM, Tianmo said:

What I understand is this, AD will only start allocation of car to you after fully payment, including loans. Upon allocation, then they will go bring out the car and starts to work and check, so nobody will know the actual condition of the car until they bring it out. 

In the olden days, AD brought in bare bone cars, and locally fitted a lot of stuffs, and some stuffs are SE ownself pay, so can only do it after registration. Now AD bring in almost fully equipped cars, nothing much to fit locally liao. 

Also, some ADs have enough volume, so much that now is vendors come to AD WS to install instead of cars going out, so all these can be done before registration in house. 

Just need to understand how Businesses work, basic is all about the same. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Yes for PML given its volume and not much locally fitted accessories, i expect all solar film and polishing guy to come on site to do before registration

normally after full settlement, there is few days or even weeks before registration day

once registered car normally already done up everything including polishing and wax and install in car cam, solar film and check all paintworks 

Got one AD want register my car month end and deliver car first week of following month

i told the AD to register first week of month and collect 1 day later

they said ok can

• Praise 2

On 5/30/2024 at 4:17 PM, metalstream said:

You try to run a car distributorship, whereby you secure 100 - 200 COE at a bid and need to deliver these cars within 2 weeks. 😂

Reminds me of some bosses or people in general, talk big, think so easy because they just open mouth, and are not executing the job.   😌

I think a car dealer if can sell in that number, i believe they have enough manpower, enough delivery bays to prepare 

and even if they cant deliver within 2 weeks after secure coe, they shouldnt register first until near the owner collection day

i ever bought new pi, after coe secured, within 1 week deliver car

the car registration date and collection on same day

i came, transfer the balance and they transfer ownership all settle within 1 hour 

• Praise 4

4th Gear

For the SE to deliver you your car, they need to block their time for it. Hence if they know its a peak period, of cos they will prefer to do sales.

so they usually prefer to deliver car mid week.

• Praise 1

5th Gear
On 5/31/2024 at 9:03 PM, metalstream said:

On the contrary, Eurokars is more customer centric. And spending big money on social media publicity with Charmain Kwee in the limelight.

Having tried EK's servicing once, the  collection of car after servicing is sooooo much faster than PML. The servicing booking slots are also much easier.  

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Buy car from James there is no hoping for the best.

There is no hope 

:D

• Haha! 9

5th Gear
On 5/31/2024 at 7:28 AM, Mkl22 said:

It’s like the market fruit seller. If everyone only wants the sweet fruits. Who’s gonna get the not so sweet ones. Still need to sell off right? 
also never heard of any extra discount for not so sweet mangoes! 🤣

The display unit always have to be there.

He rather give you a less new piece, just so that even his display unit can be brand new.

5th Gear
On 5/31/2024 at 8:31 PM, Rskc said:

IIRC my last PML delivery in 2019 was 10 days after registration due to Joy Fest deal and too many cars needed to register by end Jun (their target). I live and let live.

I notice PML has recently just changed MD. Somehow after that, I feel their customer service focus has shifted significantly to only high end buyers as their fb are always abt golf, golf, golf, dining, dining, dining. I think it has forgotten those lower end models that helped them over the years to meet their quota. Just mho and observation.  

Definitely I also think it is the 1, 3 series and A, C classes that are the main bread and butter of C&C and PML. 

Don't worry, even if they complacent, plenty of new buyers. What can you do? 🤑

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 6/1/2024 at 10:11 AM, Jamesc said:

Buy car from James there is no hoping for the best.

There is no hope 

:D

No lah...buy from you at least got 2 hopes...at first a lust hope before collection...then cum the lost hope...😁

5th Gear
(edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 11:57 AM, 107fan said:

Definitely I also think it is the 1, 3 series and A, C classes that are the main bread and butter of C&C and PML. 

Don't worry, even if they complacent, plenty of new buyers. What can you do? 🤑

There wasn't alternative in the past....but now....😃

Edited by Rskc

Supersonic

Don't know what is the big deal..... Initially i thought PML run road with the deposit.... 

Most times when I buy car, the SE chase me to collect because I cannot find time to go down to the AD for car collection. 😆

Chillax... . 1-2 weeks of coe and paper value (not much for EV) will not break the bank in overall scheme of things... 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

Hypersonic
On 6/2/2024 at 10:06 AM, badlammy said:

So after 9 pages, has the SE responded even?

You mai raise the anxiety bar leh...sibeh stress siah😁 

• Haha! 10

Twincharged
On 6/2/2024 at 10:06 AM, badlammy said:

So after 9 pages, has the SE responded even?

PML Bosses,General Manager & SE never Visit MyCarForum,so don't Know We talking about the Delay in Delivery...

• Haha! 5

Twincharged
On 6/2/2024 at 11:08 AM, ER-3682 said:

PML Bosses,General Manager & SE never Visit MyCarForum,so don't Know We talking about the Delay in Delivery...

Jiuhu company. Don’t give a shit. 

• Haha! 5

Hypersonic
On 6/2/2024 at 11:48 AM, Mkl22 said:

Jiuhu company. Don’t give a shit. 

AB also had monopoly previously in MY.

It has really shitty service.

That’s BMW Malaysia became master dealer 🤭

Hypersonic

You all Mai like that lah, I think TS atas i4 seriously tio big bang liao, you know  like bang bang bang, so registered liao cannot deliver lah. 

So sad, new atas BMW hor, some more is super atas i4, now collect car also cannot feel the same liao, sure everyday got sound here, and unbalance feeling there, everyday also sure can feel something wrong with the car liao. 

Haiz, no matter how ok the car looks on the outside, the wound in side will always remain a wound before. So sad. 

Lai, big bang, bang bang bang. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4