Car delivery at PML

Supersonic
On 5/30/2024 at 7:13 PM, Terence2112 said:

Another thing I don’t understand is this. I’m retaining my car plate and after the registration (last Friday), the notice indicate that Im given 3 working days to affix the new VRN to my current ride, otherwise is an offence.

cant be that I’m supposed to change the car plate right? Or is it? 

Your salesman should have gotten your old number fixed on your new car already. Anyway while LTA stated it is an offence, they are quite flexible with it,  a few days difference is fine especially  a car is still in a delivery bay.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Whatever it is, buy car and any big ticket items same same, be happy and not moody, otherwise 不吉利. 

My Astra, hand over day already f**k up, and went on to become the most unlucky car I ever had, super accident magnet, and got hit 4 times, one of which the car moved while I was outside with the door wide open. Door gone, but no one was injured. VRN open first prize the weekend I sold it off, KNN boh tio.

My current car, happiest collection day of all, VRN tio until the car is basically free already, so I intend to keep it when I "change" car next year. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Relax.. Mai kan cheong. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 10

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 5/30/2024 at 8:52 PM, Tianmo said:

Whatever it is, buy car and any big ticket items same same, be happy and not moody, otherwise 不吉利. 

My Astra, hand over day already f**k up, and went on to become the most unlucky car I ever had, super accident magnet, and got hit 4 times, one of which the car moved while I was outside with the door wide open. Door gone, but no one was injured. VRN open first prize the weekend I sold it off, KNN boh tio.

My current car, happiest collection day of all, VRN tio until the car is basically free already, so I intend to keep it when I "change" car next year. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

What you mean your car moved while you were outside with the door wide open? You parked on a slope and forgot to pull the handbrake ar? 😅

You must be buy very high bet for your VRN until tio liao the car is basically free. 😂 Reminds me of my ex colleague his VRN also tio after collected the car within 2 weeks and car was free. But when he changed car, he never retained the VRN. Lol.

Edited by 13177
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
On 5/30/2024 at 9:12 PM, metalstream said:

In the eyes of the law, it is a chargable offence. May not be wise to break the law. LTA can prosecute if they want to.  It may be OK if nothing happens, but in event of an accident, there may be complications with the insurance claims too.  

my number plate is 20 year old, have transfered many times with no problems. 

Hypersonic
On 5/30/2024 at 9:03 PM, 13177 said:

What you mean your car moved while you were outside with the door wide open? You parked on a slope and forgot to pull the handbrake ar? 😅

You must be buy very high bet for your VRN until tio liao the car is basically free. 😂 Reminds me of my ex colleague his VRN also tio after collected the car within 2 weeks and car was free. But when he changed car, he never retained the VRN. Lol.

No, I don't mean retain the VRN, I never do that. I intend to just keep the car as it is, park one corner and just maybe drive it out once a week to let the blood flow a little.  Going EV or PHEV next, so let this be my last and forever ICE. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 5/30/2024 at 8:21 PM, Mkl22 said:

A friend has seen a brand new car inside spray paint shop for touch up before. Maybe during unloading scraped something. 🤣

that's very normal 

I viewed my wife's current car in PI's warehouse, spotted a small scratch on the left rear panel

they polished it out before the delivery as promised

if you visit restaurant kitchen, you must prepared to see how they prepare your food and be okay with it 🤭

otherwise sit around the dining table and wait 

• Haha! 7

Hypersonic
On 5/30/2024 at 8:52 PM, Tianmo said:

Bro the last time I met u and jman88, you just collected ur Astra. Wah I also cannot remember which year. What car u driving now?

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 5/30/2024 at 9:29 PM, Gnahp said:

that's very normal 

I viewed my wife's current car in PI's warehouse, spotted a small scratch on the left rear panel

they polished it out before the delivery as promised

if you visit restaurant kitchen, you must prepared to see how they prepare your food and be okay with it 🤭

otherwise sit around the dining table and wait 

My PI “best”

back in 2009 when I bought my crossroad, I specifically told the SE don’t give me the display car.

he said yah confirm, cos my car is in their warehouse.

on the day of delivery, end up he did give me the display car. Really knn.

how I know? Cos I took a photo of the chassis number when I signed the order.

So I complained and he gave me another token $500 off 😡

first and last time buying from PI.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 5

Supersonic
On 5/30/2024 at 9:32 PM, metalstream said:

Rich! How often do you change car? 😁

I have been changing from used car to used car, so not rich.

Turbocharged
On 5/30/2024 at 9:34 PM, Theoldjaffa said:

My PI “best”

back in 2009 when I bought my crossroad, I specifically told the SE don’t give me the display car.

he said yah confirm, cos my car is in their warehouse.

on the day of delivery, end up he did give me the display car. Really knn.

how I know? Cos I took a photo of the chassis number when I signed the order.

So I complained and he gave me another token $500 off 😡

first and last time buying from PI.

I wrote the VIN of the car I viewed in the warehouse on the sales agreement 🤭

I also downloaded the VIN 'datacard', a very detailed equipment list of car fitted by the factory, viewed the car second time to check what is more/less before I asked my wife to sign the dotted line

until the sales guy made sarcastic remarks about me to my wife 🤭

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 5/30/2024 at 9:37 PM, metalstream said:

@Theoldjaffa, I will demand as least $2K off, if PI gave me showroom display car, when I paid for  a brand new car from warehouse.  

Which PI is that? So dishonest.

I cannot remember liao. But it’s not a big PI. 

im ok with showroom car but don’t cheat me la. Like u said I paid for a new car not a display car. If I know I’m getting a display car then I’ll nego harder on the buy price liao. 

• Praise 5

Hypersonic
On 5/30/2024 at 9:46 PM, Gnahp said:

I wrote the VIN of the car I viewed in the warehouse on the sales agreement 🤭

I also downloaded the VIN 'datacard', a very detailed equipment list of car fitted by the factory, viewed the car second time to check what is more/less before I asked my wife to sign the dotted line

until the sales guy made sarcastic remarks about me to my wife 🤭

How to see the vin data card?

Turbocharged
On 5/30/2024 at 9:53 PM, Theoldjaffa said:

How to see the vin data card?

not sure about other makes, for merc, I found it at some dodgy site in Russia 

here's a screen shot, it is so detail until you can check which day it left the factory, the number of warning stickers pasted on the car, in what language too, and of course, the options and accessories fitted by the factory 

20230906_231915.thumb.jpg.b5485abab4fcb1f6928cff46012ed586.jpg

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
On 5/30/2024 at 10:02 PM, Gnahp said:

not sure about other makes, for merc, I found it at some dodgy site in Russia 

here's a screen shot, it is so detail until you can check which day it left the factory, the number of warning stickers pasted on the car, in what language too, and of course, the options and accessories fitted by the factory 

20230906_231915.thumb.jpg.b5485abab4fcb1f6928cff46012ed586.jpg

Oic thx for the info

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Buy new car so stressful one...heng ah...i boh lui to experience that kind of stress...used car very straight forward...direct owner dealing is the best..one hand money, one hand car, do transfer on the spot...only need to worry when deal with used car dealer who take the money hand over car but no transfer ownership...😂

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 6

Hypersonic
On 5/30/2024 at 10:09 PM, mersaylee said:

Buy new car so stressful one...heng ah...i boh lui to experience that kind of stress...used car very straight forward...direct owner dealing is the best..one hand money, one hand car, do transfer on the spot...only need to worry when deal with used car dealer who take the money hand over car but no transfer ownership...😂

But sell direct owner also kang kor.

Some buyers after taking over the car, still will text me to nitpick about this and that and ask questions here and there.

Haizzz 

• Haha! 7

Hypersonic
On 5/30/2024 at 10:17 PM, Theoldjaffa said:

But sell direct owner also kang kor.

Some buyers after taking over the car, still will text me to nitpick about this and that and ask questions here and there.

Haizzz 

Can block or not?
My fren asked 

• Haha! 4

Hypersonic
On 5/30/2024 at 10:18 PM, inlinesix said:

Can block or not?
My fren asked 

我是好人so no block 🥹

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 6