Car delivery at PML

Hypersonic
On 5/30/2024 at 6:23 PM, Gnahp said:

you very check ark, like found the engine leaking during PDI, now servicing guy busy sealing it with new gasket and sealant 

TS cannot sleep well at night already 

No wonder got such long delay...buy electric car got engine leak...😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 7

Another thing I don’t understand is this. I’m retaining my car plate and after the registration (last Friday), the notice indicate that Im given 3 working days to affix the new VRN to my current ride, otherwise is an offence.

cant be that I’m supposed to change the car plate right? Or is it? 

4th Gear
(edited)
On 5/30/2024 at 6:26 PM, Terence2112 said:

Probably cheap car in their opinion. I4 

mine at PML , register and collect car within 2 days.

sign paper + pay money to collect car within 3 weeks. car ready stock

Edited by Dannnn

Supersonic
On 5/30/2024 at 4:17 PM, metalstream said:

Reminds me of some bosses or people in general, talk big, think so easy because they just open mouth, and are not executing the job.   😌

Wahahaha....sounds sibei familiar. They open mouth onli and miracles will suddenly happen. Seas will part. Sun will never set. And everyday got 28 hours. 

But if those miracles don't happen, it's your fault......lol

• Haha! 1

On 5/30/2024 at 7:18 PM, Dannnn said:

mine at PML , register and collect car within 2 days.

Recently? 

On 5/30/2024 at 7:13 PM, Terence2112 said:

Another thing I don’t understand is this. I’m retaining my car plate and after the registration (last Friday), the notice indicate that Im given 3 working days to affix the new VRN to my current ride, otherwise is an offence.

cant be that I’m supposed to change the car plate right? Or is it? 

Is this it first time retaining the plate? It’s the norm!

• Haha! 3

On 5/30/2024 at 7:20 PM, RadX said:

Is this it first time retaining the plate? It’s the norm!

Norm that it is ok for the plate to be retained for more than 3 days, despite LTA’s letter stated otherwise? 

Thereabouts 

lta gives u a temp no then the old no will be trf to u

is it just me or is there a sense of anxiety or excitement in collecting the car.

it will come la..

• Haha! 4

On 5/30/2024 at 6:23 PM, Gnahp said:

you very check ark, like found the engine leaking during PDI, now servicing guy busy sealing it with new gasket and sealant 

Or battery leak

boomz! 

for the record limpeh drive i4

maybe i shd now change to i5…

• Haha! 11

On 5/30/2024 at 7:24 PM, RadX said:

Thereabouts 

lta gives u a temp no then the old no will be trf to u

is it just me or is there a sense of anxiety or excitement in collecting the car.

it will come la..

Thanks. Probably excited (or anxiety) as there is no response from the SE. and my SE replies  like chatGPT. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 5/30/2024 at 7:32 PM, Terence2112 said:

Thanks. Probably excited (or anxiety) as there is no response from the SE. and my SE replies  like chatGPT. 

Yes..

shd hv gone EK… and ya get used to the tagline “it’s like that”

for PML AT LEAST

EK has been ok apparently 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 5/30/2024 at 7:32 PM, Terence2112 said:

Your SE probably has to answer to many customers at the same time also waiting for delivery. You want to deal with PML is like that one, as all the SE have aggressive sales target to meet monthly and all busy chasing sales. Probably, this is also the reason why BMW Asia is sick of getting complain emails from unattended PML customers and decided to give EK the distributorship as well 🤣

Last time got issue I send in their aftersales also can say "it's like that one...."

• Haha! 8

Turbocharged
On 5/30/2024 at 7:38 PM, RadX said:

Yes..

shd hv gone EK… and ya get used to the tagline “it’s like that”

for PML AT LEAST

EK has been ok apparently 

EK is still OK now as they aren't overwhelmed yet and they still have a lot to prove to BMW. So still hungry. Once they eat full liao like PML also will give you "it's like that...." 🤣

• Haha! 10

I always instruct my SE to register my car only on the day of collection and has no issue with my last few car purchases. Take my Sharan for example, I make arrangements to collect the car at 2pm, and the registration number was retained at 12+ and new car registered at around 1pm. 

While there is a lot of tasks to be completed by AD before the hand over, but they can always do that before getting the new car registered. Although I am also ngiao about the car depreciation while sitting at the AD warehouse / workshop, I am more concerned with what will happen when things went wrong.

For example, if the registered car get into an accident while on the way to install window film or car cam, even if the AD take care of all the claims and have my car repaired, there is nothing else I can do with it since I can not longer reject the car once it is under my name.

I don't want to put name but some ADs choose to register the car before it is ready for collection for the sake of window dressing, especially in the last few days of the month / quarter, and worst, in end Dec. A car registered on 31 Dec will have a lower trade in value compared to the same model registered on 1 Jan of the following year, or just 1 day apart. Being there done that. 

Some said I am bane of AD and I don't deny that as I will always add terms and conditions to the sales agreement, but nothing unreasonable for sure. I rather be safe than sorry (after knowing and understanding how the industry work). 

• Praise 14

Twincharged
On 5/30/2024 at 7:23 PM, Gnahp said:

A friend has seen a brand new car inside spray paint shop for touch up before. Maybe during unloading scraped something. 🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic

Wed tio COE, Thursday morning settle bal and buy insurance online, AD settle whatever need to settle, following Thursday morning registered car, afternoon collect. Got screenshot got talk. But of course mine no atas BMW i4 lah. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

452780412_Screenshot_2024-05-30-20-19-53-36_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e72.thumb.jpg.7d1387e35966066a7b663e9933ac4100.jpg

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 6

Hypersonic
On 5/30/2024 at 7:52 PM, Lethalstrike said:

Your SE probably has to answer to many customers at the same time also waiting for delivery. You want to deal with PML is like that one, as all the SE have aggressive sales target to meet monthly and all busy chasing sales. Probably, this is also the reason why BMW Asia is sick of getting complain emails from unattended PML customers and decided to give EK the distributorship as well 🤣

Last time got issue I send in their aftersales also can say "it's like that one...."

"it's like that one...."

Isn't that the industry standard...? I hear the same dilemma from peeps who own different brands...😁

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
On 5/30/2024 at 8:21 PM, Mkl22 said:

A friend has seen a brand new car inside spray paint shop for touch up before. Maybe during unloading scraped something. 🤣

My Astra, on the day of collection, right after hand over, petrol tube clip broke, and petrol petrol everywhere.  Heng I was still in the AD compound, saw the needle free fall and smell of petrol, it was eve of CNY eve. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 10
  • Haha! 2