Speeding captured through on board GPS/In Car System

Twincharged
On 5/24/2024 at 7:11 PM, Ceecookie said:

I really don't think the car's data literally contain real time recording of the driver's speed. Not like Blackbox on an aeroplane which is meant to do exactly that.

I think the data is basically personal data that can be used to confirm the driver's identity. Maybe SPF detected the car speeding but no evidence to pinpoint the driver, so the forensic went into the car infotainment system to extract the user data.

Modern cars should have a way to purge all user data from their infotainment system. The only qn is whether the driver has an opportunity to do so before TP impound the vehicle.

For dashcam, it's even easier to destroy the footage. Just extract the SD card and physically destroy it immediately which will prevent SPF forensic from recovering anything. 

There is telematics box in the car. And the car systems with GNSS can store data. 

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
On 5/24/2024 at 8:20 PM, Mkl22 said:

There is telematics box in the car. And the car systems with GNSS can store data. 

telematics can extract from phone also, like grab driver app can detect speeding, sudden acceleration and braking and they provide this report to the driver as part of their safe driving emphasis. 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 5/24/2024 at 9:59 PM, Benarsenal said:

Wah lau. Cannot drive Falali liao. No fun.

Why not?
No need drive fast.

Just drive laud

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
On 5/24/2024 at 5:26 PM, Inlinefour said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/speedster-jailed-after-s-pore-police-tapped-data-from-in-car-system-in-first-case-here

before erp 2.0 gps tracking 

mata also can catch you 

well done 👍 

If already caught speeding via speed trap, will just send love letter and ask to provide driver details. Why need ECU access? 

Hypersonic
On 5/24/2024 at 9:52 PM, ER-3682 said:

Just drive to Speed Limit,no Worries.

That’s very true here🤭

Go elsewhere to speed 

Supercharged
On 5/24/2024 at 10:02 PM, inlinesix said:

Why not?
No need drive fast.

Just drive laud

Then how to differentiate Ferrari and zhng Lancer or MY bikes when you only can listen and cannot see? 

• Haha! 2

@Ceecookie You know, I've heard some people say that modern cars don't keep track of driving data like airplanes do with their black boxes. But that's not quite right. Actually, lots of newer cars have something similar called EDRs or "black boxes." These gadgets record important stuff like how fast you're going, if you hit the brakes, if you're wearing your seatbelt, and even when the airbags deploy just before a crash.

• Shocked 1

Hypersonic
On 5/24/2024 at 10:18 PM, Daniu82 said:

Then how to differentiate Ferrari and zhng Lancer or MY bikes when you only can listen and cannot see? 

Switch on speaker loud loud

• Haha! 2

Twincharged
On 5/24/2024 at 9:59 PM, Benarsenal said:

Wah lau. Cannot drive Falali liao. No fun.

Ask Ital Auto,install a Fiat 500 Engine & use Speaker to make fake V8 or 12 Sound.

• Haha! 4

Turbocharged
On 5/24/2024 at 10:13 PM, Vratenza said:

If already caught speeding via speed trap, will just send love letter and ask to provide driver details. Why need ECU access? 

Probably in this case it was not caught on camera. Maybe at some ulu area.

Turbocharged

Since they say its not from the dashcam then the car itself must've done the owner in. No wonder SPF don't want to say what car it is - otherwise no one will buy that brand or model of car anymore

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
On 5/24/2024 at 6:59 PM, Mkl22 said:

Next time summon just scroll erp2.0 database. 
give some chance. Anything above 120kmh all tio!

i foresee the end of speeding vans. 

don’t forget there is also a 6 axis gyro accelerometer inside too. Can be used to reconstruct accidents plus reckless driving. 

Donch worry. The smlj OBU so difficult to reach even polis won't bother hurting themselves....lol

• Haha! 5

Twincharged
On 5/24/2024 at 7:29 PM, Inlinefour said:

Don’t worry free installation of erp 2.0 obu 🤫🤫🤫

I heard the Classic Plate (Red/Yellow) Licence Plate,no need to fit ERP 2.0.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 5/25/2024 at 10:24 AM, ER-3682 said:

I heard the Classic Plate (Red/Yellow) Licence Plate,no need to fit ERP 2.0.

If that’s case, ERP gantry will still be around 

Twincharged
(edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 12:35 AM, Soya said:

Donch worry. The smlj OBU so difficult to reach even polis won't bother hurting themselves....lol

Actually they don’t need to even physically touch your car. All the data transmitted to LTA cloud. Just key in vehicle plate and SMLJ for the last few year all out. Also cannot deny car never go to that area. If they can also tag cellphone data to car location also very difficult to deny you are driving liao. 
then payment apps used at a store. Lagi track and corner you until no choice but to confess. In SG, ah kong is forever watching. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Sad 1

6th Gear
On 5/24/2024 at 10:34 PM, ER-3682 said:

Ask Ital Auto,install a Fiat 500 Engine & use Speaker to make fake V8 or 12 Sound.

I walked past a Tesla last week burbling like a V8.

If I had seen the driver, "If you wanted a V8....... buy a f'n V8 and not a whiny baby."

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5