Liverpool 2024 - 25 season(In Edward and Ward we trust)

Kopites

On 9/4/2024 at 6:47 PM, Jamesc said:

No one heard of Richard Hughes and Arne Slot before

now everyone has heard of them.

Liverpool top management are really smart.

They know what they are doing.

Its just 3 games. Judge them at the end of the season.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

On 9/5/2024 at 12:20 AM, Jamesc said:

Liverpool teenagers Trey Nyoni and Amara Nallo have both been named in Arne Slot's Champions League squad for the 2024/25 season.

Both only 17 years old shows Arne trust in kids.

Maybe not enough senior player(loan or sold liao) to name thus......🙃

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 9/4/2024 at 7:58 PM, mersaylee said:

Depends on low or medium size double decker...i tink it is doable with current squad on medium block...diaz and mo can cut fast diagonally inside...Mc or sabusai both capable to enter between decks from middle or make a pass inside the medium block to open up play into the box... 

Low block is harder to break...especially long wide one... 5 and 4 or 4 and 5 in defence near the edge of the box...can only play super wide then cross into the box and hope for a header...or play fast long pass from quarter mark in the middle into the box...

Both cases, nonet can actually be the target man given his height and physique...maybe slot can train him on that...a 50% hit rate is good enuf...not many epl teams like double decker anyway 🙏😁

Am not worried about mid block as we will try to drag their players out... 

For teams defending with a low block, the two rows of defenders are usually instructed to stay compact to nullify our short passes and restrict attackers to long shots, crosses and set pieces. Let's see how he will want his players to "tow" away the bus. 

• Praise 2

On 9/5/2024 at 10:14 AM, Si4dr said:

Maybe not enough senior player(loan or sold liao) to name thus......🙃

Might have senior players incoming in January transfer window....

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Players saying the same thing.

We all love Klopp but prefer Slot playing style.

Gravenberch explains why he's 'more comfortable' with Slot than Klopp

“He has a clear plan, with the build-up, with the pressing. It is up to me to maintain that and be consistent.

“He gave me the chance from the start. I had to focus on a certain position. A bit more defensive. I do my thing and that works out well.

“That has to do with myself and with the coach. There was clarity from the start. We play as a team, and then the individual also looks better.”

Really interesting bit from Curtis in the full  interview about why he is excited (some paraphrasing) 

'I was always a kid who wanted to get on the ball and play but I came into a team that always had world class wingers and the centre mids were always more runners and disciplined. The principles are still the same but the centre mids are now more the heart of the team, we have to be more comfortable on the ball, we aren't always in a rush to attack because we want to break teams down. If we give the ball away we still want to press but in the past I think I could be too direct and up and down but now we want to completely own the ball, be comfortable with it and kill teams'

'The depth we're going is really interesting': Elliott gives insight into Slot's tactics

“The style of play is a lot different, it’s more about in possession now, very elegant,” Harvey Elliott told the Athletic when asked about the style of football Arne Slot wants to implement at Liverpool.“It’s been really enjoyable."

Judging by what the players say, the Dutchman gives his men more freedom in the final third and does not insist on putting pressure on the opposition immediately after losing the ball.

(edited)

Zidane was spotted at ManU training ground. 

Rumours possibility of taking over ETH. 

Edited by Maxus-MIFA9

Supersonic
(edited)
On 9/6/2024 at 8:56 AM, Maxus-MIFA9 said:

After playing Liverpool. Moyes, JM, Ole and now ten hugs....all will be gone. (Did I missed out any name..) 😁

Edited by Kopites
  • Haha! 3

On 9/5/2024 at 7:37 PM, Jamesc said:

Players saying the same thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

We all love Klopp but prefer Slot playing style.

Gravenberch explains why he's 'more comfortable' with Slot than Klopp

“He has a clear plan, with the build-up, with the pressing. It is up to me to maintain that and be consistent.

“He gave me the chance from the start. I had to focus on a certain position. A bit more defensive. I do my thing and that works out well.

“That has to do with myself and with the coach. There was clarity from the start. We play as a team, and then the individual also looks better.”

Really interesting bit from Curtis in the full  interview about why he is excited (some paraphrasing) 

'I was always a kid who wanted to get on the ball and play but I came into a team that always had world class wingers and the centre mids were always more runners and disciplined. The principles are still the same but the centre mids are now more the heart of the team, we have to be more comfortable on the ball, we aren't always in a rush to attack because we want to break teams down. If we give the ball away we still want to press but in the past I think I could be too direct and up and down but now we want to completely own the ball, be comfortable with it and kill teams'

'The depth we're going is really interesting': Elliott gives insight into Slot's tactics

“The style of play is a lot different, it’s more about in possession now, very elegant,” Harvey Elliott told the Athletic when asked about the style of football Arne Slot wants to implement at Liverpool.“It’s been really enjoyable."

Judging by what the players say, the Dutchman gives his men more freedom in the final third and does not insist on putting pressure on the opposition immediately after losing the ball.

Wonder if this has anything to do with the backroom team's long term vision. 

It was pretty clear that Klopp was trying to transform his midfield from 3 hardworking runners to a more creative trio with the addition of Thiago followed by the midfield revamp last season. 

• Praise 1

On 9/6/2024 at 9:20 AM, Kopites said:

After playing Liverpool. Moyes, JM, Ole and now ten hugs....all will be gone. (Did I missed out any name..) 😁

Best to bring back Ole now :D

• Haha! 3

On 9/6/2024 at 9:24 AM, Raymondism said:

Best to bring back Ole now :D

You very bad...... :ph34r:

You want to see another 7 : 0 ..... [sly]

:XD:

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
On 9/6/2024 at 8:56 AM, Maxus-MIFA9 said:

Zidiane is a smart guy.. wont join a club with falling knives... he is only proven at Real which is a elite club... so i will be worried for him if he really goes to Utd

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Yes he tried by getting Thiago and Keita but unfortunately both always injured.

Funny our 3 first team midfielders are bought by Klopp but he never saw Gravel Patch as the holding.

He only saw Macca as the no 6.

Slot saw so much Dutch football he saw GP playing that role for Ajax.

And Slot genius move is getting Johnny Heitinga.

Ex Everton so he knows the PL so well esp local rivals Pool.

And he was the youth team coach at Ajax that train GP as the holding 6.

So there is no one better to get the best of GP.

On 9/6/2024 at 9:23 AM, Raymondism said:

Wonder if this has anything to do with the backroom team's long term vision. 

It was pretty clear that Klopp was trying to transform his midfield from 3 hardworking runners to a more creative trio with the addition of Thiago followed by the midfield revamp last season. 

• Praise 2

On 9/6/2024 at 3:02 PM, Jamesc said:

Yes he tried by getting Thiago and Keita but unfortunately both always injured.

Funny our 3 first team midfielders are bought by Klopp but he never saw Gravel Patch as the holding.

He only saw Macca as the no 6.

Slot saw so much Dutch football he saw GP playing that role for Ajax.

And Slot genius move is getting Johnny Heitinga.

Ex Everton so he knows the PL so well esp local rivals Pool.

And he was the youth team coach at Ajax that train GP as the holding 6.

So there is no one better to get the best of GP.

Gravenberch left Bayern Munich as Tuchel does not see him as a no. 6 but more of a no. 8 who will find it tough to get playing time in a 4-2-3-1. He was the youngest debutant at Ajax and was compare to Frank Rijkaard and Pogba. He has talent for sure but he was also young and inexperienced. Both Nagelsmann and Tuchel couldn't fit him into their first XI. 

He came to Liverpool hoping for more playing time in our 4-3-3 formation with Macca and Endo usually playing at the base as a no. 6. I remember reading somewhere that Klopp believed Gravenberch can fill in no. 6 if needed.

Slot has managed to get Gravenberch to take a no. 6 role as the deepest point of our double pivots.  Good job so far by Slot in doing what Nagelsmann, Tuchel and maybe Klopp did not succeed. In doing so, Macca has more freedom to move up to support our attack allowing Zsoboslai to take up a free role. 

Elliot should also benefit from the change in system if Slot decides that he will rotate with the Hungarian. Elliot, was a bit awkward in Klopp's team as he is not no. 8 and does not have the pace to rotate with Salah (at least the coaches don't think that he is suitable).

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

I completely agree.

Slot genius is his insight. He can see things other managers cannot.

Gravenberch is now the heart of our team. Breaking up play and starting attacks.

Reminds me of Benitez seeing a midfielder Carragher and changing his position to centre back and Lucas Leiva a box to box and making him a no 6.

Gravenberch in all 3 games looks more comfortable as a no 6 than that Casemiro and Mainoo put together.

Gravenberch even looks more comfortable than that 100 million pound Declan Rice based on the 3 games this season.

I wouldn't swap our 34 million Gravenberch for the 100 million pound "real" no 6 Declan Rice.

:D

On 9/7/2024 at 6:00 PM, Raymondism said:

Gravenberch left Bayern Munich as Tuchel does not see him as a no. 6 but more of a no. 8 who will find it tough to get playing time in a 4-2-3-1. He was the youngest debutant at Ajax and was compare to Frank Rijkaard and Pogba. He has talent for sure but he was also young and inexperienced. Both Nagelsmann and Tuchel couldn't fit him into their first XI. 

He came to Liverpool hoping for more playing time in our 4-3-3 formation with Macca and Endo usually playing at the base as a no. 6. I remember reading somewhere that Klopp believed Gravenberch can fill in no. 6 if needed.

Slot has managed to get Gravenberch to take a no. 6 role as the deepest point of our double pivots.  Good job so far by Slot in doing what Nagelsmann, Tuchel and maybe Klopp did not succeed. In doing so, Macca has more freedom to move up to support our attack allowing Zsoboslai to take up a free role. 

Elliot should also benefit from the change in system if Slot decides that he will rotate with the Hungarian. Elliot, was a bit awkward in Klopp's team as he is not no. 8 and does not have the pace to rotate with Salah (at least the coaches don't think that he is suitable).

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

Slot has done something Pep couldn't do with his billion pound Man City.

Beat Man Utd and ETH in their last game.

:D

image.thumb.png.cddfde9c1b769e0211a049e38b62ab29.png

image.png.3b1bbbf8c0abecfab3702bb7a4c4a512.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2