Aion Y Plus

diming87

Hypersonic

Actually I'm surprised this car is not more popular than it is. It ticks many boxes for the B&B category. 
Good family car. 
I don't mind the looks.
Compared to a BYD atto 3, i would definitely get this over that.

I've seen 2 over the last two weeks. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 9/12/2024 at 9:57 AM, Lala81 said:

Actually I'm surprised this car is not more popular than it is. It ticks many boxes for the B&B category. 
Good family car. 
I don't mind the looks.

Ticks many boxes also no use if the design is not appealing. I would not get this cause the design is ugly, saw this car 2 times on the road liao.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 9/12/2024 at 10:50 AM, 13177 said:

Ticks many boxes also no use if the design is not appealing. I would not get this cause the design is ugly, saw this car 2 times on the road liao.

looks quite ok to me leh.

I like the rear.

• Haha! 1

Good family car. 
I don't mind the looks.

MG4 could be a better value le.

Supercharged

Good family car. 
I don't mind the looks.

What are the plus points of this Aion Y Plus that would make u pick it over Atto3?

Hypersonic
On 9/12/2024 at 10:56 AM, Tkseah said:

What are the plus points of this Aion Y Plus that would make u pick it over Atto3?

It's interior and rear seating area is huge. It's like a honda Fit style vehicle. Max interior room. Rear doors open 90 degrees. 
Rear seating is suitable for young and old. It's design is not really crossover but more like the Merc B class or the Japanese Freed/Sienta style vehicle which are imminently practical. It's like it's designed for what most B&B cars should be doing. 

It's basic but clean and functional design. Atto3 is the try too hard kind of design. Interior trying to be distinctive. 

• Praise 4

Hypersonic
On 9/12/2024 at 10:54 AM, inlinesix said:

MG4 could be a better value le.

If i want a cheap and somewhat fun hatch/sedan EV to drive, yeah maybe MG4 seems to tick more boxes.

If i just want a appliance type of car that tick most boxes, I tink Aion quite hard to beat. It's virtually an electric honda made by the Chinese (not surprising since it's GAC). 

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
On 9/12/2024 at 11:06 AM, Lala81 said:

It's interior and rear seating area is huge. It's like a honda Fit style vehicle. Max interior room. Rear doors open 90 degrees. 
Rear seating is suitable for young and old. It's design is not really crossover but more like the Merc B class or the Japanese Freed/Sienta style vehicle which are imminently practical. It's like it's designed for what most B&B cars should be doing. 

It's basic but clean and functional design. Atto3 is the try too hard kind of design. Interior trying to be distinctive. 

Actually i don't really like atto3 interior, only like the exterior design.

Supercharged
On 9/12/2024 at 11:40 AM, 13177 said:

Actually i don't really like atto3 interior, only like the exterior design.

Same here.. I like atto3 exterior but not interior.. while Aion Y plus I like the interior more than exterior..

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 9/12/2024 at 2:07 PM, Tkseah said:

Same here.. I like atto3 exterior but not interior.. while Aion Y plus I like the interior more than exterior..

Not much impression on Aion Y interior, but one look on the exterior already not interested to see the interior liao. Lol.

• Haha! 1

(edited)

Good family car. 
I don't mind the looks.

After watching your link, i don't see much of the reason to buy this cars.

After i watch this:

I get the rationale

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 9/12/2024 at 4:04 PM, inlinesix said:

After i watch this:

I get the rationale

I like this channel but they sometimes don't pop up on the earlier YouTube searches. I was searching on a laptop without my account login. 

On 9/12/2024 at 5:39 PM, Lala81 said:

I like this channel but they sometimes don't pop up on the earlier YouTube searches. I was searching on a laptop without my account login. 

3 founders used to work for Top Gear HK.

• Praise 1

(edited)
On 9/12/2024 at 10:50 AM, 13177 said:

A polarising design like this may have problem reselling in future. It is either u love or hate it. 

If only its tearing-up headlamps and weird looking wheel arcs could be simpler, it would be a perfect car. Tried too hard imo.

Edited by Rskc
  • Haha! 2

Good family car. 
I don't mind the looks.

Yes. I think so too. But unfortunately for a market like Singapore, its all about the brand.

Hypersonic
On 9/12/2024 at 6:50 PM, Davidklt said:

Yes. I think so too. But unfortunately for a market like Singapore, its all about the brand.

To be fair. BEVs are completely new to most people. So hesitation going for an unknown china brand is understandable. And cars cost so much here, safe choices or branded choices are easier. 

Byd can overcome cos it's in the news media competing with Tesla and it's top dog in china. 

On 9/12/2024 at 6:35 PM, Rskc said:

A polarising design like this may have problem reselling in future. It is either u love or hate it. 

If only its tearing-up headlamps and weird looking wheel arcs could be simpler, it would be a perfect car. Tried too hard imo.

I must have weird taste. I've seen in the flesh. I only recognise it as different. I really don't find it ugly nor attractive. Just looks like a new design to me. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 9/12/2024 at 4:04 PM, inlinesix said:

After i watch this:

I get the rationale

They are more eloquent. This is precisely what I was saying.

It's a car built for the 90th percentile b&b customer. Other than the one screen control everything. It's an amalgation of prc/Japanese inspired sensibilities. Bang for buck. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic
On 9/12/2024 at 6:35 PM, Rskc said:

This car design reminds me of some ugly looking cars which sold here previously. Definitely i won’t buy this Aion Y unless the car is free for me then i won’t comment and say anything. Lol.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1