MOH to add restrictions on issuing MCs after feedback on doctors giving them excessively

kobayashiGT

Turbocharged
On 5/13/2024 at 12:46 PM, Tianmo said:

Totally agree, and I notice these are usually non management or key position holders. My receptionist, every long weekend sure MC on Mondays, without fail. Within my contacts, I also notice that Malaysian girls top the list. -_-[laugh][laugh]

Then they complained why they are not given same bonuses or increment during their annual assessment. Shouldn't they be crowned Kings and queens title? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 5/13/2024 at 4:44 PM, Benarsenal said:

If you keep needing to take fake MC, then definitely something is wrong.

Cause they think 14 days of MC is their entitlement. So no sick also must fake sick to take MC.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)
On 5/13/2024 at 12:51 PM, RadX said:

My boss alwes amazed w me, as I am supposed to be the rmore 'sickly' one with my immunocompromised state and yet, never take MC, never get Covid also...but when sick...really hospitalization one.....like my recent calciphylaxis....dr gave me 2 weeks mc..i still hobble in..kanna chase home...nbz

I always state 'go big or go home;...no time for in between :a-rip:

What are you doing that is keeping the flu and cold away? 

Edited by Voodooman
  • Haha! 1

On 5/14/2024 at 8:32 AM, Voodooman said:

What are you going that is keeping the flu and cold away? 

me is not human remember?  supposedly afterlife kind:a-rip:

maybe is my active lifestyle, getting sun quite a bit etc...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 5/14/2024 at 7:38 AM, Victor68 said:

Then they complained why they are not given same bonuses or increment during their annual assessment. Shouldn't they be crowned Kings and queens title? 

Actually company should not and cannot use the number of MC taken to assess the employee bonuses and increment. Bonuses and increment is based on work performance. But too bad many companies like to assess their employee appraisal by using the MC taken, whether their employee is obedient or not etc.

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
On 5/13/2024 at 3:38 PM, Soya said:

Back in the day when WFH, flexi work arrangements were unheard of, some companies actually rewarded staff w like $50 ntuc voucher if they dun take MC the whole year n showing up for work despite having the bug was something to be proud of.....lol

It's oso those days when flu & cold spread like wildfire every few months and dozens actually got sick coz of others

we used to have the voucher incentives also. hahahahahahaha 

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 5/14/2024 at 8:34 AM, 13177 said:

Actually company should not and cannot use the number of MC taken to assess the employee bonuses and increment. Bonuses and increment is based on work performance. But too bad many companies like to assess their employee appraisal by using the MC taken, whether their employee is obedient or not etc.

True but not realistic. Not all jobs are independent. If you are working with another guy as a team. He max his MC plus no pay leaves. Ok you share your success story? 😆 

Supersonic
On 5/14/2024 at 9:50 AM, kobayashiGT said:

we used to have the voucher incentives also. hahahahahahaha 

Seng Xiong, Aunty Lucy or Giant vouchers. :slow:

Supersonic
On 5/14/2024 at 8:33 AM, RadX said:

me is not human remember?  supposedly afterlife kind:a-rip:

maybe is my active lifestyle, getting sun quite a bit etc...

Good for you.

Almost like clockwork,I catch a cold once or twice a year.  Last time, I will still go to work but these days, it is very much frowned upon, especially if one is sneezing and coughing, so I am finally using a couple of days of my MC "entitlement."   

• Haha! 3

Supersonic
On 5/14/2024 at 10:12 AM, Victor68 said:

True but not realistic. Not all jobs are independent. If you are working with another guy as a team. He max his MC plus no pay leaves. Ok you share your success story? 😆 

On 5/14/2024 at 8:34 AM, 13177 said:

Actually got work ethic or not, don't need MC to measure.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 5/14/2024 at 12:34 PM, Voodooman said:

Actually got work ethic or not, don't need MC to measure.

But many companies use MC to measure.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 5/14/2024 at 12:57 PM, 13177 said:

But many companies use MC to measure.

When company does that usually it is true MC king and queen lah. To skin a staff, no need MC also can do it. 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 5/14/2024 at 1:32 PM, Victor68 said:

When company does that usually it is true MC king and queen lah. To skin a staff, no need MC also can do it. 

Whether MC king and queen or not, max MC to take only 14 days lo. Why company cannot 'see open' on this. Being MC king and queen means the staff cannot work?

Turbocharged

My son was given 3 days MC due to COVID and flu symptoms. I asked for additional day (total 4 days) so he can rest at home all the way to the weekend. Doc refused. And what happened? On the 4th day, he was still sick so I had to bring him to the doctor again for another consultation and MC. Really waste of time and energy. 

Hypersonic
On 5/14/2024 at 2:05 PM, Beehive3783 said:

My son was given 3 days MC due to COVID and flu symptoms. I asked for additional day (total 4 days) so he can rest at home all the way to the weekend. Doc refused. And what happened? On the 4th day, he was still sick so I had to bring him to the doctor again for another consultation and MC. Really waste of time and energy. 

I guess doctor would not give MC just because total days swee swee a long weekend etc, they give MC based on the patient condition, and they always say if you still feel sick after end of MC given, just come back to see doctor again. 😅 Don't think doctor will give one shot of many many days of MC. Wait tio complain.

Turbocharged
On 5/14/2024 at 2:16 PM, 13177 said:

I guess doctor would not give MC just because total days swee swee a long weekend etc, they give MC based on the patient condition, and they always say if you still feel sick after end of MC given, just come back to see doctor again. 😅 Don't think doctor will give one shot of many many days of MC. Wait tio complain.

long weekend is beside the point. as a parent and based on his condition i knew full well he would not fully recover in time to go back to school. alas, rejected by the doctor and my projection came true. 

Supersonic
On 5/14/2024 at 2:05 PM, Beehive3783 said:

Most doctors will give if request. Strange case for you. :slow:

Maybe the doctor don't like your 'kiam pah' face [sly] or you are wearing ManC jersey where the doctor is Arsenal fan. :wut:

:XD:

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
On 5/14/2024 at 3:05 PM, Maxus-MIFA9 said:

Most doctors will give if request. Strange case for you. :slow:

Maybe the doctor don't like your 'kiam pah' face [sly] or you are wearing ManC jersey where the doctor is Arsenal fan. :wut:

:XD:

No la. Doc explained they only give 3 days max for COVID case. Frustrating but suck thumb. Peasant is like that one :D 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1