Selling a 2017 Nissan Pulsar to buy a used 2016 Mini

I notice conti cars depreciates faster than Japanese cars. Thinking of selling my Nissan pulsar (left 3 years 4 months) for about $50k and get a used Mini (2+years) for slightly less about $40k. 
I heard minis models after 2014 requires much less maintenance and lesser breakdowns.. maintenance of my pulsar has been expensive last 2 years about $5k, having to change radiator, 2 oil housing, battery, alternator, etc. I may have to change brake disc and pads next due to the high pitch sounds it makes when braking.   

any thoughts?

↡ Advertisement

6th Gear
On 4/4/2024 at 11:10 PM, Bubble_tae said:

I notice conti cars depreciates faster than Japanese cars. Thinking of selling my Nissan pulsar (left 3 years 4 months) for about $50k and get a used Mini (2+years) for slightly less about $40k. 
I heard minis models after 2014 requires much less maintenance and lesser breakdowns.. maintenance of my pulsar has been expensive last 2 years about $5k, having to change radiator, 2 oil housing, battery, alternator, etc. I may have to change brake disc and pads next due to the high pitch sounds it makes when braking.   

any thoughts?

Not experienced in mini's so I can't give advice, but has your 1.2L in the Pulsar given any issues?

https://lifeonfour.co/engine-problems/renault-1-2-tce-engine-problems/

Twincharged

Are you Joking.?Buy a 8 Years Old Mini.?Maybe you said buy a 2 Years Old Mini,it is more acceptable.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Supersonic
On 4/4/2024 at 11:10 PM, Bubble_tae said:

any thoughts?

If u spent 5k on a 7yr old Nissan, be prepared to spend double that on a 8yr old 'pre loved' mini...

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 3

Twincharged

Old Mini,almost same as my Rover75..British Trash.🤣😫🤦‍♂️

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic

Don't do it 

Change so many parts on the Nissan means nothing left to change before scrapping or renewal.

Radiator, oil housing, alternator no need to change every year.

If engine ok and chassis is straight no accidents can even renew for another 5 10 years.

• Praise 11

Hypersonic
On 4/5/2024 at 9:50 AM, ER-3682 said:

Old Mini,almost same as my Rover75..British Trash.🤣😫🤦‍♂️

It depends on the mileage.

No wonder your M240 kept in garage

• Haha! 3

Twincharged
On 4/5/2024 at 8:59 AM, inlinesix said:

It depends on the mileage.

No wonder your M240 kept in garage

My Rover 75 when sold off in 2008,Mileage less than 38,000km & yet give me Headache.🤦‍♂️😫😥👎

Twincharged

Imagine less than 38,000km,changed 3 Alternators,1 Gearbox,1 Airbag Module & 3 Thermostats.🤦‍♂️only the Gearbox is Claimed Warranty..because less than 2 Years old at that time.

• Shocked 5
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged

At that time,so many 1.8L Model,Head Gasket Failure...luckily mine is V6..so a tad better.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)

2016 means F Series means it's on the ukl platform means basically it's a bmw 2 series so it's much much less shit than the Minis before. As long as it's been maintained and you are aware that BMWs cost more to run. Go for it. 

If you think it's going to be jap levels of maintenance. Forget it. 

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 6

Internal Moderator

I think the verdict here is very clear. Get a Prius C lah.Save fuel, Toyota reliability. Parts is cheap. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Twincharged
On 4/5/2024 at 8:00 AM, Soya said:

If u spent 5k on a 7yr old Nissan, be prepared to spend double that on a 8yr old 'pre loved' mini...

not really.. ask any owners of 2.0 T owners of mini and they will tell u its quite blissful. Not so blissful for the 1.5 3 cylinder crap.

Twincharged
On 4/5/2024 at 9:16 AM, Sdf4786k said:

not really.. ask any owners of 2.0 T owners of mini and they will tell u its quite blissful. Not so blissful for the 1.5 3 cylinder crap.

Only the B48 Engine ones.👍

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

Mini is a intersting look car from in to out, if keen just buy and be prepared for some repair, unless the experience hands here tell you not too.  nearly bought 1 many years ago but the direct seller back out from the deal last min.

Edited by Ct3833

Supersonic

Owned an N series 1.6 supercharged

one F series 2.0 cooper S tune

one F series 2.0 JCW

So far verdict is keep away from the N series.

F series can buy but be prepared for higher wear and tear in your engine bay (due to compact engine bay and relatively higher performance), eats engine mount, brake pads and tires for breakfast lunch and dinner.

fun factor? nothing in the price range can beat a mini.

YOLO.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
On 4/5/2024 at 9:45 AM, Vratenza said:

Owned an N series 1.6 supercharged

one F series 2.0 cooper S tune

one F series 2.0 JCW

So far verdict is keep away from the N series.

F series can buy but be prepared for higher wear and tear in your engine bay (due to compact engine bay and relatively higher performance), eats engine mount, brake pads and tires for breakfast lunch and dinner.

fun factor? nothing in the price range can beat a mini.

YOLO.

F Series is using the B48? And which year model onwards to keep a lookout for a Cooper S Countryman? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1