Future of Driving

Hypersonic

Yes, will the future of driving be fully autonomous? 

Will one day, all driving will become AI driven, and human driving become illegal?

With more technologies build into newer cars, it seem to me that that day maybe getting closer and closer.  "Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist"  in my last and current cars had saved me from a few accidents, "Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Avoidance Assist" has also been activated so many times in the MSCPs. 

What are the advantages and disadvantages? Well, I think that traffic will be alot smoother, since every car will be travelling at the speed limit and gap distances.  Eliminate speeding, road hogging, tailgating, play jam brake, behind car in the next lane speed up when you signal to change lane. Maybe also reduce the chances of highway accidents and jams so that we are on time most of the time. 

Then, speed cameras and traffic light cams will become useless,  ERP will no longer be required. No need traffic police to hide on the overhead bridges, lesser road accidents also means reduce workload for medical and health care workers, etc etc etc.

But but but, it also means no summons and no thank you for the nation building fund, and the Monies must come from somewhere else.

Will i live to see it happen, maybe not. 

so can you accept it? [laugh][laugh][laugh] 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5

Hypersonic

I had driven Adaptive Cruise Control quite frequently.

In addition, I use Cruise Control regularly.

I trust machine in a way.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 4/2/2024 at 9:19 AM, Spidey10 said:

do you feel safe to leave yr life in the hands of a robot....:grin:

Same like driverless MRT lo. We have been taking driverless MRT train very long liao. 😂

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
On 4/1/2024 at 10:14 PM, Tianmo said:

Will one day, all driving will become AI driven, and human driving become illegal?

With more technologies build into newer cars, it seem to me that that day maybe getting closer and closer.  "Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist"  in my last and current cars had saved me from a few accidents, "Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Avoidance Assist" has also been activated so many times in the MSCPs. 

What are the advantages and disadvantages? Well, I think that traffic will be alot smoother, since every car will be travelling at the speed limit and gap distances.  Eliminate speeding, road hogging, tailgating, play jam brake, behind car in the next lane speed up when you signal to change lane. Maybe also reduce the chances of highway accidents and jams so that we are on time most of the time. 

Then, speed cameras and traffic light cams will become useless,  ERP will no longer be required. No need traffic police to hide on the overhead bridges, lesser road accidents also means reduce workload for medical and health care workers, etc etc etc.

But but but, it also means no summons and no thank you for the nation building fund, and the Monies must come from somewhere else.

Why need to go out? 
apple-vision-pro-enjoyer-apple-vision-pr

Wear headgear and can do anything le. Next time maybe office also no need to go. Grocery will be fully delivered by robots. Lesser reason to travel liao. hahaha. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
On 4/2/2024 at 9:47 AM, 13177 said:

Same like driverless MRT lo. We have been taking driverless MRT train very long liao. 😂

But train just 1 track lane....

cars will need to stop go at traffic and face with other cars leh on th roads, not to mention pedestrians... :grin:

i see big difference between train and cars...

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic

Mai la...

Driving is fun and de-stress for me. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 4/2/2024 at 9:14 AM, Vratenza said:

might as well take MRT.....😁

Take MRT cannot piak piak on the move leh.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 4/2/2024 at 9:19 AM, Spidey10 said:

do you feel safe to leave yr life in the hands of a robot....:grin:

Looking at the amount of chain accidents on the highway, I think safer than in the hands of many human beings. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Hypersonic
On 4/2/2024 at 10:37 AM, kobayashiGT said:

Why need to go out? 
apple-vision-pro-enjoyer-apple-vision-pr

Wear headgear and can do anything le. Next time maybe office also no need to go. Grocery will be fully delivered by robots. Lesser reason to travel liao. hahaha. 

I believe China is already moving towards that direction. I saw they have driverless trucks delivering parcels already. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 4/2/2024 at 10:43 AM, Tohto said:

Mai la...

Driving is fun and de-stress for me. 

Then the gov will build a driving track for ppl like you, just need to scan the QR and make payment can liao. 

Having fun and destress need to pay one you know. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)
On 4/2/2024 at 10:43 AM, Tianmo said:

Take MRT cannot piak piak on the move leh.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

You mean H81 on wheels? My Taycan friend say one....😁

Edited by Vratenza
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic

Unless ALL cars are autonomous, it won't be happening for a long time, perhaps 10+ years. Because there will always be cock human drivers on the road.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

6th Gear

Hope the day will never come in my lifetime. I don't want to be a 活死人. 🙂

• Haha! 1

1st Gear

Waymo (Google), commercial driverless robotaxi already available to the public in San Francisco city-wide. I believe it's the first city-wide permit for all-day operation in the world. China has given their first permit to Apollo Go (Baidu) in commercially operate in limited hours at limited areas of Beijing and Shenzhen, and all day but limited areas in Wuhan. Most other places are still at testing phase.

It's mostly a regulation and legislative issue, so driverless accidents can change people's perception of safety and trade unions can possibly reverse some of the permits.

But it's already happening and will likely become a norm in a matter of time. More jobs will be lost. But driverless trucks don't need rest, you will get your fresh goods faster, you will get taxi anytime anyplace, no holidays.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
On 4/1/2024 at 10:14 PM, Tianmo said:

Sooner or later nia.

Esp with much advance AI coming out. Plus 5.5 g already out. 

• Praise 1