Xiaomi EV is Coming

Carbon82

10 hours ago, Wildfaye29 said:

OK. I wait for Xiaomi.

Xiaomi coming soon, no joke. [nod]

Xiaomi to invest $10bn in electric vehicle race

_117769312_gettyimages-1230594866.jpg

Chinese phone maker Xiaomi is wading into electric vehicles with a $10bn (£7.3bn) investment over ten years. The company will be entering a fiercely competitive electric car market that also includes rivals Apple and Huawei.

Xiaomi will set up a wholly-owned subsidiary with an initial investment of about $1.5bn, with the company's chief executive Lei Jun heading up the new venture. "The decision was made after numerous rounds of deliberation among all our partners, and this will be the final major entrepreneurial project of my life," he said in a statement.

So far, the company has given no indication about whether it will produce budget models or target the top end of the market. There are already hundreds of companies in China jostling for a share of the world's leading market for electric cars.

Xiaomi founder Lei Jun says his company’s first electric car will be an SUV or a sedan, priced between US$15,000 to US$45,000

e3acee25-1a6c-4433-a66b-249ab19842e6_c59

Xiaomi’s first vehicle will be either a sedan or an SUV costing between 100,000 yuan and 300,000 yuan (US$15,300 to US$45,900), said the Chinese smartphone giant’s co-founder and CEO Lei Jun on Tuesday, shedding light on the new Tesla challenger’s multibillion-dollar venture into electric vehicles (EV). 

Lei revealed the details during a live-streamed video session on Douyin, the Chinese sibling app of TikTok, to promote Xiaomi products, which came a week after he announced the company’s foray into smart cars.

“The first car will definitely not be a sports car or a motorhome; it’d be either a sedan or an SUV,” Lei said, adding that the plans are still at an early stage and the details are still being worked out. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic

what’s wrong to have a Xiao-can

isn’t that is what consumer “dying” to get

a-porky-car-but-prc-price 

:grin:

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)

No need to wait for xiao-can

This MG cyberster (new Chinese owner) already is being compared with z4 and 718 porky. 

28343_1_l.thumb.jpeg.4253725bda9dd3f344cfa2d3630070ee.jpeg

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
On 3/29/2024 at 1:31 PM, mersaylee said:

小米输气?😂

Should call FU7 

福气🤣

• Haha! 2

Supersonic

must watch Xiaomi's adverts before you can start the engine. ? 😁

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
On 3/31/2024 at 6:24 PM, Tianmo said:

From all the reviews, this car looks set to be the winner. 

Sold out for 2024 already!!! 

And already a 2nd model (SUV) is coming into the market end 2024. 

https://carnewschina.com/2024/03/29/xiaomi-doesnt-slow-down-new-suv-to-debut-by-the-year-end-to-take-on-model-y/

Interesting car, into my shortlist. ^_^:D[laugh]

The only Xiaomi I have now is the weighing scale... 

The review of the car all very good. Think I will seriously consider MIC electric or PHEV car.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
On 3/31/2024 at 7:17 PM, Atonchia said:

The only Xiaomi I have now is the weighing scale... 

The review of the car all very good. Think I will seriously consider MIC electric or PHEV car.

I have Xiaomi also. 

Fan. 

At least this car can add physical buttons. That's a big win. Maybe soon TB will sell add on buttons for other cars like Tesla and Merc. Then I can consider Mercs again. 

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 3/31/2024 at 6:24 PM, Tianmo said:

From all the reviews, this car looks set to be the winner. 

Sold out for 2024 already!!! 

And already a 2nd model (SUV) is coming into the market end 2024. 

https://carnewschina.com/2024/03/29/xiaomi-doesnt-slow-down-new-suv-to-debut-by-the-year-end-to-take-on-model-y/

Interesting car, into my shortlist. ^_^:D[laugh]

Very interesting indeed. I already have a few Xiaomi chargers, so just look at the car only.😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2