Woodlands Checkpoint vs Tuas Checkpoint

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather travel to Malaysia using the Woodlands Checkpoint or the Tuas Checkpoint?

• Woodlands Checkpoint
    • Tuas Checkpoint

Supercharged
(edited)
On 3/10/2024 at 9:57 PM, Benjamin_KOO said:

If use car, it will be Tuas cos I always clear the checkpoint within 10 minutes on each side.

If use bus, it will be Woodlands because got more frequency of buses and I can just walk over to City square to eat good food.

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

I rather use a styrofoam box cover my head... 

Slowly swim across the straits....

Probably reach the other coast faster

Edited by Atonchia
  • Haha! 7

Internal Moderator
On 3/11/2024 at 12:58 AM, Atonchia said:

Don't write here mah. now you will see alot of stylofoam box at Sembawang water liao. hahaha. 

• Haha! 5

5th Gear

No wonder I can't get a styrofoam box when recently I asked the friendly neighbourhood provision shop staff for one, these usually came with delivery of veggies/fruits, they told me clean good styrofoam box always gone before they have a chance to dispose, but paper carton box alot ..... me only want to store frozen stuff when go grocery shopping, not swimming hor...:D

• Haha! 4

Supersonic
(edited)

what's the point to compare

when it rains, it pours

when it jam, it laosai ... no matter which checkpoint you choose

:grin:

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 3

Supersonic
(edited)

no scare no scare

oscar wayang master on site liao

2024-03-11_131011.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 2

Twincharged
On 3/11/2024 at 1:13 PM, Wt_know said:

no scare no scare

2024-03-11_131011.jpg

i see an opportunity for some company to improve the system.... $$$$$$ 😁

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic

no scare no scare

2024-03-11_131011.jpg

After returning from China, I went straight to CIQ to see for myself the situation on the ground.

Over the past week, I have received many reports regarding the congestion problem occurring at CIQ caused by:-

1. The problem of M-Bike system interference in both entry and exit motorcycle inspection zone routes.
2. The server caught fire causing the e-gate system to malfunction.
3. Due to items 1 and 2, immigration officers had to be deployed to the manual M-Bike counters causing the car counters to lack officers.

I have contacted and exchanged views with YB Minister of Home Affairs and God willing the issues at both CIQ BSI and KSAB will be resolved soon.

May all affairs be simplified.

God bless the Sultan
God bless Johor

Supersonic
(edited)
On 3/11/2024 at 3:02 PM, inlinesix said:

After returning from China, I went straight to CIQ to see for myself the situation on the ground.

Over the past week, I have received many reports regarding the congestion problem occurring at CIQ caused by:-

1. The problem of M-Bike system interference in both entry and exit motorcycle inspection zone routes.
2. The server caught fire causing the e-gate system to malfunction.
3. Due to items 1 and 2, immigration officers had to be deployed to the manual M-Bike counters causing the car counters to lack officers.

I have contacted and exchanged views with YB Minister of Home Affairs and God willing the issues at both CIQ BSI and KSAB will be resolved soon.

May all affairs be simplified.

God bless the Sultan
God bless Johor

I see vast improvement in Johor CIQ clearance in recent 1 year. Kudos to the CM.  Last time, all wayang but this guy seems to be really fixing things.

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 6

Turbocharged
On 3/11/2024 at 3:53 PM, Voodooman said:

I see vast improvement in Johor CIQ clearance in recent 1 year. Kudos to the CM.  Last time, all wayang but this guy seems to be really fixing things.

yes much improved, even during super peak like the recent first 2 days of this week sch holidays the clearance in fact was relatively quite faster. Prior to this would easily take 5 to 7hrs. 

• Praise 1

no scare no scare

2024-03-11_131011.jpg

I went in on 11 Mar... was at the Secondlink side customs... the officer told me sorry very slow to clear my passports cos system slow... sigh...

On 3/11/2024 at 4:49 PM, Dafansu said:

yes much improved, even during super peak like the recent first 2 days of this week sch holidays the clearance in fact was relatively quite faster. Prior to this would easily take 5 to 7hrs. 

It seems so... Singapore side said cleared 495,000 cars on first day 8 Mar but only jam 3 hours... that's like amazing no? I went in on 11 Mar, crossed Singapore side at 5.30 am, no queue to enter Malaysia, but could see it building steadily and the queue for entry to Singapore from Malaysia was getting very long.... once I entered Secondlink to the Malaysia customs, short queue cos only one lane of booths open... this was like 5.45 am or so... kind of drove through still cos all the booths in this lane were open... could see the other sections all open and ready to get into action... so far so good...

Supercharged
On 3/18/2024 at 12:51 PM, teomingern said:

It seems so... Singapore side said cleared 495,000 cars on first day 8 Mar but only jam 3 hours... that's like amazing no? I went in on 11 Mar, crossed Singapore side at 5.30 am, no queue to enter Malaysia, but could see it building steadily and the queue for entry to Singapore from Malaysia was getting very long.... once I entered Secondlink to the Malaysia customs, short queue cos only one lane of booths open... this was like 5.45 am or so... kind of drove through still cos all the booths in this lane were open... could see the other sections all open and ready to get into action... so far so good...

MY to SG on early mornings are regular working crowd. They are generally prioritized by ICA so wont' get stuck too long.

On 3/18/2024 at 12:57 PM, t0y0ta said:

MY to SG on early mornings are regular working crowd. They are generally prioritized by ICA so wont' get stuck too long.

Yeah there was even a contra-flow lane so early in the morning...

Supersonic

I think mas selamat use the longkang and stroll across. 

Supersonic
On 3/18/2024 at 2:41 PM, Watwheels said:

I think mas selamat use the longkang and stroll across. 

Still faster than driving a car🤣

↡ Advertisement