Foreign interference law invoked for the first time

Jellandross

Turbocharged
On 2/4/2024 at 11:44 AM, Unltd said:

Stateless? I don’t think so, if you recall some very prominent China born ex-singaporean case, most likely they will get citizenship again pretty easily in China.

I recall got one exPRC US citizen who work at LEE KUAN YEW SCH 🤣🤣🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

On 2/4/2024 at 12:20 PM, yishunite said:

He was PR.  Expelled from Singapore

• Praise 1

Supercharged
On 2/4/2024 at 11:49 AM, inlinesix said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/who-is-mr-philip-chan-the-man-against-whom-s-pore-has-invoked-its-foreign-interference-law
““It is our duty as overseas Chinese to tell China’s story well, and to spread and pass on the marvellous traditional Chinese culture while we are abroad,” he told Chinese media outlet Chinese Headline New Media (Huaren Toutiao) in a March 2023 interview.”

https://www.52hrtt.com/za/n/w/info/F1677472117274

4485D1DD-4C7A-4452-A37E-07AB03B69E75.png

Why didn't he just convert from HK citizenship to full PRC? He really funny leh.

• Haha! 2

On 2/4/2024 at 4:39 PM, t0y0ta said:

Why didn't he just convert from HK citizenship to full PRC? He really funny leh.

That 1 you have to ask him liao.

It is clearly he is likely to be an underground member.

Twincharged
On 2/3/2024 at 1:56 PM, Playtime said:

Probably a prized homing pigeon got lost... or found freedom. 

There are people very into this hobby

🤣... wa lau... incredible India 

20240204_192835.jpg

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 2/4/2024 at 7:34 PM, Playtime said:

🤣... wa lau... incredible India 

20240204_192835.jpg

the pigeon can survive from taiwan to india. wah sibei tokgong leh. never kana makan by eagles in himalayas. 

Twincharged
On 2/4/2024 at 8:10 PM, Lala81 said:

the pigeon can survive from taiwan to india. wah sibei tokgong leh. never kana makan by eagles in himalayas. 

I think its more incredible that no one in India can read Chinese writing if it's such a security issue 🤷‍♂️

5th Gear
On 2/4/2024 at 12:20 PM, yishunite said:

Do you remember your former MP Lee’s table tennis team? Got Singapore citizenship then renounced and got back PRC citizenship… 😂 

• Shocked 1

Supercharged
On 2/4/2024 at 8:56 PM, Unltd said:

Do you remember your former MP Lee’s table tennis team? Got Singapore citizenship then renounced and got back PRC citizenship… 😂 

Can check with you Hor , where you saw the news that she gotten back her China citizenship huh ? 
not doubting you but will be very surprised that one can renounced their citizenship Liao then still can get it back … would assume that the original country will be more than dulan in the first place lo … SG I know would ask such person to F off lo …

heard she relocated back to Beijing and our SG table tennis association is still collaborating with her lo …

Twincharged
On 2/5/2024 at 8:19 AM, inlinesix said:

ST really no scare die

The case of Philip Chan: Beijing steps up efforts to co-opt diaspora to ‘tell the China story well’
https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/tell-the-china-story-well-beijing-s-campaign-to-co-opt-chinese-diaspora-gains-urgency-amid-pressures

Got Chinese paper version?

Sometimes I notice they have different presentation. 

Turbocharged
On 2/5/2024 at 9:37 AM, Playtime said:

How so?

Zaobao bias towards China is well-known

• Haha! 1

On 2/5/2024 at 9:37 AM, Playtime said:

Check out ZB lo

On 2/5/2024 at 9:44 AM, Benarsenal said:

How so?

Not necessary especially commentary written by Yong Hong.

She was Head of China 

Twincharged
On 2/5/2024 at 9:44 AM, Benarsenal said:

How so?

That's my point, Chinese paper can be like PRC paper sometimes. 

This ST article is pretty up front... "..even former Members of Parliament..." I wonder who 🤣🤣🤣

The old Chinese helicopter folks whole day at home watching ccp media on cable and phone  of course turn red. CNY programme singing "党是母亲"😳

"A former senior Singapore diplomat said pro-China and anti-America sentiments among Singaporean Chinese, especially those aged 70 and over, have become more pronounced, “especially since President Xi’s appeal to all ethnic Chinese including those overseas to love and be loyal to China”."

These have included even former Members of Parliament, said the retired envoy, who asked not to be named because of political sensitivities.

On 2/5/2024 at 11:02 AM, Playtime said:

That's my point, Chinese paper can be like PRC paper sometimes. 

This ST article is pretty up front... "..even former Members of Parliament..." I wonder who 🤣🤣🤣

The old Chinese helicopter folks whole day at home watching ccp media on cable and phone  of course turn red. CNY programme singing "党是母亲"😳

"A former senior Singapore diplomat said pro-China and anti-America sentiments among Singaporean Chinese, especially those aged 70 and over, have become more pronounced, “especially since President Xi’s appeal to all ethnic Chinese including those overseas to love and be loyal to China”."

These have included even former Members of Parliament, said the retired envoy, who asked not to be named because of political sensitivities.

The 2 of them are in Beijing.

Rem Ching Cheong?

Twincharged
(edited)

Well, personally, I don't see why a person has to choose camps and be pro-PRC and anti-USA or otherwise.

Everyone should be able to analyze and think for themselves, not to be lead by the nose.

The CCP like to hear only the good news about china and gloss over difficult historical topics pretending it never happened. Which doesn't help because the great firewall only works domestically and their people are free to go out there and find things out for themselves anyway.

But the Americans are no saints either given their record of invading and interfering in other countries, propping up bloodthirsty dictators when it suits them and turning a blind eye to their excesses despite espousing democratic ideals.

So as individuals, the most important thing is to keep well-informed from various sources.

Edited by Sosaria

Supersonic
On 2/4/2024 at 4:39 PM, t0y0ta said:

He migrated to spore 30 years ago. Work You should know what happened in 89. Back then the influx of hongkonger migration can be seem in many countries. 

Back then there were many clan/club/association set up in many states/countries to help the transition of Hong Konger into the local community. That was one of the objectives of Singapore Kowloon club back then. Their activities covered a whole spectrum of area. From Flower arrangement, property talks, education to even languages.

Local "breed" Singaporean can sign up as member to join their classes. You need a hongkonger referral though. My (HK) ex worried that I was away from Singapore for too long insisted I joined the club. 😁 Actually I know it was for her to keep an eyes on me. So basically I did attended some of their courses (old kallang PA premises), weekend gathering at restaurants, Sunday service at Queenstown baptist church.😁 

In the 2000s era as china economic picked up i felt that the general sentiment within the club gradually deviated from their original objectives.

Solely my personal views.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2