2024 year of Dragon

Kopites

Supersonic

I though we only have crazy weather in SG. 

Didn't know we have such crazy displays. 

But why not? We have a lion with mermaid tail. Nothing wrong to have a dragon head with human eyes.🤣

• Haha! 5

On 1/19/2024 at 9:37 PM, Atonchia said:

I though we only have crazy weather in SG. 

Didn't know we have such crazy displays. 

But why not? We have a lion with mermaid tail. Nothing wrong to have a dragon head with human eyes.🤣

Lucky not HoChing head liao😂

• Haha! 5

first glance I think something is funny about this dragon, took me a while to realise...

Chinatown-Year-of-the-Dragon.jpg.886ff0025f319ee88f6b5c9fb30dd5b4.jpg

the two claws are position at chest level, palms facing out, machiam like a tiko dragon ready to grab something...... :D:D:D

• Haha! 6

On 1/19/2024 at 10:06 PM, Ahwhye said:

first glance I think something is funny about this dragon, took me a while to realise...

the two claws are position at chest level, palms facing out, machiam like a tiko dragon ready to grab something...... :D:D:D

boobs 

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic

Something very wrong with the display in chinatown all this while. Not only this CNY display. Who is the designer and who is the approval? 😅

• Praise 1

Supercharged
(edited)
On 1/19/2024 at 10:06 PM, Ahwhye said:

This look like a cheeky notti dragon....😄

Edited by Starry
  • Haha! 3

On 1/19/2024 at 10:42 PM, 13177 said:

Something very wrong with the display in chinatown all this while. Not only this CNY display. Who is the designer and who is the approval? 😅

More importantly how much they pay the con-sultants all these years.... At least the bin centre looks like a bin centre.

• Haha! 5

Supersonic
On 1/19/2024 at 10:42 PM, 13177 said:

Handmade by china men. A huge tentage about one football field size set up along Havelock (behind shell) or on certain years along Indus road. All sides of the tentage were covered up. Pretty secretive. Driving along the Havelock road you  can spot the Chinamen walking in and out from the tentage. Generally the tentage are there for two to three months. 

After COVID has not seen the tentage near Havelock vicinity though.  

• Praise 5

Supersonic

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/chinese-new-year-lantern-chinatown-sutd-2346176

Despite online criticism, SUTD students proud of annual CNY lantern designs in Chinatown

-----------------------

"Then comes the actual construction and fabrication process for the lanterns, which the students were not involved in.

But they understand how things can get lost in translation, from the designs to the build, which inevitably led to the online criticism."

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

On 1/19/2024 at 8:43 PM, Jellandross said:

Procurement team: Don't worry you'll be selected if you give us your bestest quote.

420990393_6472487629519596_1803155876171

This is epic. But I think the pigs doesn't look that weird. 

It's almost like a compilation of all the screw-ups from the PAP ministers over the years 🤣 

• Haha! 4

Hypersonic

The executive summary is KNN lah, CCB PAP, and the message is anything I not consulted is always KNN CMI one lah, this one f**k up, that one screw up. 

Next time ask my opinion first understand, my opinion you understand? 

KNN. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic

The positive ppl say, wah, such a nice dragon, surely this will be a great year, may the great dragon bless us all with good luck and health this year.

The negative ppl say, KNN, this Simi SeeBee dragon, CCB everywhere I see also wrong. 

If I am the dragon, I am quite sure I bless the former and ask the later go f**k spider. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 3

Supersonic

Kreta Ayer-Kim Seng Citizens’ Consultative Committee probably gotten used to it....

Your actual displays is not the same as your design and visuals. "Aiya we will just approve lah"

I can truly understand..... it's like when an interviewee turn up.... 

Majority always has difference in CV Photo and real person. 🤣

↡ Advertisement