It may be good to be a kaypoh sometime

SGMCF328

Turbocharged

If the neighbors, landlord or social workers have that little bit of kaypoh-ness, the boy might not have died. I will get curious and ask around if I didn't see a particular person for sometime, who knows I might save a live and avoided a tragedy.

May the boy and his father rest in peace. 

Two-year-old boy in England found starved to death, curled up next to his dead father

Source: https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/two-year-old-boy-in-england-found-starved-to-death-curled-up-next-to-his-dead-father

rdtoddler17.jpg

A two-year-old boy in a town in England died of starvation and was found in his pyjamas curled up next to his dead father, who had suffered a heart attack days earlier.

A social worker found Bronson Battersby dead on Jan 9, alongside his 60-year-old father Kenneth Battersby, at their home in Skegness, Lincolnshire, two weeks after the two were last seen by a neighbour on Boxing Day, Dec 26.

Ms Heather Sandy, executive director of the council’s children services, told the BBC a social worker met Mr Battersby on Dec 27, and a home visit was arranged for Jan 2.

“The social worker went to Bronson and Kenneth’s home and had no response to the knock at the door. So, she looked at other addresses to try and locate Bronson, and when she failed to do that, she spoke to her manager and she contacted police,” said Ms Sandy.

The social worker went back on Jan 4, but again did not get a response.

She returned on Jan 9. When no one answered the door, she alerted the landlady and gained entry to the property.

Bronson’s mother, Ms Sarah Piesse, 43, told The Guardian she last saw her son before Christmas. She had been living apart from Mr Battersby and had got in a fight with him when she last saw him.

Mr Battersby was believed to have died of a heart attack no earlier than Dec 29. He was unemployed and had a pre-existing heart condition that caused him to become severely jaundiced in the months leading up to his death.

Ms Piesse told The Guardian that the post-mortem examination found that her son had died of dehydration and starvation.

“Bronson starved to death because his dad died,” she said.

“I couldn’t pick him up because his body was too fragile,” she said. “I could only touch him. He had been left there too long.”

A neighbour, who claimed she knew the family, described Bronson as a “gorgeous, happy little boy”.

The boy loved watching cartoons on the YouTube channel Cocomelon, nursery rhymes, and playing with his drum kit, she said.

Ms Maria Clifton-Plaice, Mr Battersby’s landlady, told the BBC that finding the two bodies was one of the “worst (days) of my life”.

She said she did not know Bronson well, but remarked: “I know he’d come and started staying with Kenny recently, and he was just probably the light of his dad’s eye. He was, I think, Kenny’s chance to be a good dad.”

Boston and Skegness MP Matt Warman described what happened as a tragedy.

“It does appear that social services made repeated contact. They tried to get hold (of), and the system did not seem to understand, the potential gravity of the situation. That’s what we’ve got to try and understand,” he said.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 13

Turbocharged

There's no right and wrong in such cases, just good or bad depending on the situation. How to save the earth? We can just do our part. RIP little boy

• Praise 1

Twincharged
On 1/18/2024 at 3:05 PM, inlinesix said:

It will be good to get Neighbour to check on you every 2 - 3 days if you are staying alone.

me checking my naturalised neighbours daily basis 👍

• Haha! 2

On 1/18/2024 at 3:11 PM, Inlinefour said:

me checking my naturalised neighbours daily basis 👍

You mean checking her bedroom.  Just room only.

Nothing else

😂

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

On 1/18/2024 at 3:15 PM, inlinesix said:

You mean checking her bedroom.  Just room only.

Nothing else

😂

I know what your intention is ...... [sly]

:XD:

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator

It will be good to get Neighbour to check on you every 2 - 3 days if you are staying alone.

If stay alone, I suggest to rent the room out also. The tenant can also help to look after the old folks. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged
(edited)

this is real heartbreaking to read ..... RIP ... 

Edited by Hubwee
  • Sad 1

Hypersonic
On 1/18/2024 at 3:54 PM, kobayashiGT said:

If stay alone, I suggest to rent the room out also. The tenant can also help to look after the old folks. 

If something happens, it could happen to any age. Some people even not that old can fall down in the house and no one knows if stay alone.

But it would becoming more and more common for people staying alone. Even some are married but also might ended up staying alone if spouse passed on liao.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

This is why read one article before that one old folk loitering downstairs his blk whole day until late night, cause scare wait dies in the house no one will know.

And also you see some people like to open their main door whole day, maybe they stay alone and scare if anything happen no one can see if door is closed.

• Praise 3

On 1/18/2024 at 4:28 PM, 13177 said:

This is why read one article before that one old folk loitering downstairs his blk whole day until late night, cause scare wait dies in the house no one will know.

And also you see some people like to open their main door whole day, maybe they stay alone and scare if anything happen no one can see if door is closed.

My wife is away till Sunday for biz trip.

If didn't see me here, sent police to my house.

😂

• Haha! 1

On 1/18/2024 at 4:31 PM, inlinesix said:

😂

E50D957A-5E57-4F87-BA96-D1947ACD1798.gif

• Haha! 4

On 1/18/2024 at 4:31 PM, inlinesix said:

😂

@Freeder will come and check cos he want to confirm

before he pop his Chardonnay… 😂🪦

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
On 1/18/2024 at 4:37 PM, RadX said:

@Freeder will come and check cos he want to confirm

before he pop his Chardonnay… 😂🪦

I will directly contact Direct Svcs yah…

• Haha! 1

On 1/18/2024 at 4:40 PM, Freeder said:

I will directly contact Direct Svcs yah…

No la

tong Aik then throw to Semakau 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1