Singapore racing movie Oversteer

@Vratenza Thanks for the welcome hahaha, I am part of Sgcarmart's editorial team, so I kinda have to contribute to blog posts...

Figured since I'm here on MCF, might as well mingle with the forum community and enjoy some discussion at the same time 😀

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1

Internal Moderator
On 1/23/2024 at 4:30 PM, Theoldjaffa said:

SG car culture is posting beedio about car accidents or to shame peepur.

SG car couture is...

image.thumb.png.54460bcfd829678f67dd336c5a47be46.png

Is that door stopper he is putting? to make the car faster? with stopper? :grin:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 1/23/2024 at 9:14 PM, kobayashiGT said:

Is that door stopper he is putting? to make the car faster? with stopper? :grin:

Bro iirc some A*Star PhD guy was doing an experiment on car aerodynamics using these :grin:

• Shocked 1

Internal Moderator
On 1/23/2024 at 9:18 PM, Theoldjaffa said:

Bro iirc some A*Star PhD guy was doing an experiment on car aerodynamics using these :grin:

I am going daiso and get more door stopper later. hahahahaha 

SG car culture is posting beedio about car accidents or to shame peepur.

SG car couture is...

1. Conti cars tailgating HDB car park gantries. Submit to SGRV. Got $ buy conti no $ pay for parking

2. Cars cannot keep in lane when turning at right turn junctions / cannot follow lane markings. Cam car submit to SGRV.

3. Van/lorry speeding on lane 1s. Submit to SGRV.

Top 3 sg car culture videos of all time

• Haha! 3

image.thumb.png.54460bcfd829678f67dd336c5a47be46.png

Please dont be a lancer, please dont be a lancer....ah shit...lancer

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged

those are called vortex generator

a very important device in aerodynamic

plane uses that too

vortexgenerators1.jpg

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 2/6/2024 at 7:57 PM, Mockngbrd said:

Overhaul lol

I thought that movie critic is you 😁

Turbocharged
On 1/15/2024 at 2:50 PM, Typicalcarguy said:

What do you all think of the upcoming 'Singapore first racing movie', Oversteer? I've have to say any effort in promoting motorsport and car culture is something good in my opinion, but from the promo photos and trailer, it just feel kind of half-effort and seems unlikely to capture the true Singapore car scene... In the first place the hero cars and location looks like it's all in Malaysia - granted, maybe filming in SG wouldn't be easy, but it seems like they didn't even try to replicate SG, i.e. make it seem like the setting is supposed to be Singapore. 

415990062_885305060267623_2644767218272328941_n.thumb.jpg.9c548b5024565f58d64774b97893319d.jpg

In this poster, you can see KLCC, and there was another photo floating about that shows the Malaysian number plates of the car, it seems like the setting of the movie is going to be in Malaysia. There are even people on Facebook poking fun, commenting that Singapore doesn't even have any street racing culture - which isn't the case, and will only be made worse if the film does end up to portray everything in Malaysia. 

817469220_Screenshot2024-01-15143618.jpg.15941fe43d52ba14817371fd43ea13ea.jpg

The first teaser trailer shows an S13 drifting with a DC5 and EK chasing it. While drifting seems to be trendy and attractive to some movie-goers, but most would agree that it isn't really part of Singapore's street racing/ car culture scene. While Singapore might be small, we do have plenty of motorsports related history, including both legal and illegal avenues, cue the illegal drag races that happened at what is now the Tanah Merah Coast Road, Lim Chu Kang (40T), Seletar (20T), the curvy roads such as Old Upper Thomson which was once a GP circuit, the infamous 'Orchard Gudang', etc... My point is, I can't help but feel like the movie's gonna be plenty of wasted opportunities to show the interesting side of Singapore's car culture. 

That said, I hope that I'm wrong and the movie actually turns out to be a fun watch! So, what are your thoughts on this movie?

Zero interest in this. Same reason: it's almost entirely filmed in Malaysia, cars also from Malaysia, what's the point of calling it a Singapore racing movie? hahahahaha

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
On 1/16/2024 at 5:46 PM, Shibadog said:

it wasn't mentioned if they filmed in Sepang. 

it's not common to see SG cars in Bukit Tinggi - majority of SG cars heading that direction only go up to Genting. Genting Sempah is probably the furthest east

it would be easy to swap plates for filming. Either it was overlooked or a deliberate move. Guess one has to watch the movie to find out lol

Swap plates also no use. No IU leh :D 

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged

those are vortex generators, don't play play

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I watched the show with my car group. All of us walked out without a satisfied look. To us, the movie is simply too boring. I could only review it as 'Good Effort' 

Film is mostly or entirely filmed in Malaysia. So we can't exactly claim itself as 'SG's 1st Racing Movie' 

Good point to note that is the director came down to greet the movie watchers.

I want to know the protagonist car set up. His car makes tons of cool noises. Hoo hoo hoo hoo. 

Edited by Xfsg89
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
On 2/6/2024 at 7:57 PM, Mockngbrd said:

Overhaul lol

More overkill then overhaul

Twincharged
On 3/12/2024 at 2:51 PM, Xfsg89 said:

I watched the show with my car group. All of us walked out without a satisfied look. To us, the movie is simply too boring. I could only review it as 'Good Effort' 

Film is mostly or entirely filmed in Malaysia. So we can't exactly claim itself as 'SG's 1st Racing Movie' 

Good point to note that is the director came down to greet the movie watchers.

I want to know the protagonist car set up. His car makes tons of cool noises. Hoo hoo hoo hoo. 

I supposed no 8/8 event snippet in the movie 

would have been a hoot to have references to the old legend of lane 8 inspection 

Supersonic
On 2/6/2024 at 6:01 PM, Stratovarius said:

At least got 1 star. Room for improvement. Maybe a sequel call understeer?

Going by the bad reviews, maybe shld hv called the show Tayar Punchet 

At least relatable to RadX...

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2