Tokyo Auto Salon 2024

Mockngbrd

Supersonic

Yes yes but betcha the japs dun hv russ swift-san stunt show. Hah...take that u sushi ichybuns!

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
On 1/13/2024 at 3:58 PM, ER-3682 said:

Singapore Motor Show's Racequeens no Fight.

Don't say race queens, the cars also no fight. Tokyo Auto Salon is the number 1 car show for all Japanese modified car industry in the world. Alot of international automotive youtubers are there now covering the event. Liberty Walk, Gazoo Racing, HKS, Nismo, Mugen, Modellista, Tein, Greddys, etc.

Edited by Zxcvb

On 1/13/2024 at 8:22 PM, Zxcvb said:

Don't say race queens, the cars also no fight. Tokyo Auto Salon is the number 1 car show for all Japanese modified car industry in the world. Alot of international automotive youtubers are there now covering the event. Liberty Walk, Gazoo Racing, HKS, Nismo, Mugen, Modellista, Tein, Greddys, etc.

Car in Singapore is white good. What do you think?

Supersonic
On 1/13/2024 at 3:58 PM, ER-3682 said:

Singapore Motor Show's Racequeens no Fight.

We can speak singlish. They couldn't. 

Turbocharged

Look at what Tokyo Auto Salon have here. They have Toyota's Chairman Akio Toyoda (Morizo) performing drifting in a GR Yaris. And who is Russ Swift??

On 1/15/2024 at 12:52 AM, Zxcvb said:

Look at what Tokyo Auto Salon have here. They have Toyota's Chairman Akio Toyoda (Morizo) performing drifting in a GR Yaris. And who is Russ Swift??

Yea Morizo is a real car guy, he was walking around the show checking out alot of the cars. Not just Toyotas.

https://carsnkopi.wordpress.com/2024/01/31/tokyo-auto-salon-2024-the-return-of-jdm-the-return-of-the-tokyo-auto-salon/

It's back baby.

img_20240112_163136.jpg

As you may have guessed, I’m back in Singapore! Well, I’ve been back for a little over a week now, with the usual symptoms of missing Japan still lingering. The trip was a whirlwind, full of new experiences and visits to my favorite spots. Now, let’s talk about the 2024 Tokyo Auto Salon.

img_20240112_154710.jpg

Well, going by last year’s rather quiet and lacklustre event that saw half of a main hall shared with the Tokyo Outdoor Show (I call it, the Tokyo Camping Show). If you thought the event was losing its charm, I wouldn’t blame you. However, this year felt different right from the approach to Makuhari Messe. Even on media day, the crowd was noticeably larger, creating a palpable buzz of excitement in the air. Everyone was eager to be the first inside.

img_20240112_110625.jpg

img_20240113_112215.jpg

Once I stepped in, any concerns of this year’s event being a repeat of 2023 were immediately dispelled—it was packed!

img_20240112_092158.jpg

This time around, the theme was clear: JDM builds are back! Undoubtedly, Toyota’s commitment to creating more exciting cars like the GR Yaris, GR Corolla, Supra, and the brand new 86 played a significant role. The latter, in particular, has been garnering praise worldwide. And who can blame them? A fantastic-looking, fun-to-drive, and highly practical sports car starting at SGD$28,000 is something everyone should desire! Well, everyone except those residing in Singapore, where the same car costs almost ten times as much. Woe be unto us.

img_20240112_101321.jpg?w=1024

However, it’s worth noting that the continuously expanding European presence hasn’t diminished with both BMW and Mercedes-Benz present to showcase their latest offerings for the enthusiast market in addition to the numerous aftermarket tuners who have brought along their Euro projects.

img_20240113_115024_1.jpg

img_20240113_115543.jpg

This year also marked an increased presence of EVs with a number of hopped up Teslas on display and even Hyundai themselves unveiling their ‘IONIQ 5 N NXP1′ concept. But more on that in a future post.

img_20240113_104219.jpg

Covering over 11 halls and an outdoor space in a weekend, once again, a daunting task. By the end of day two, that was even more packed with visitors, I still hadn’t had the time to visit the outdoor exhibits, yes, even after skipping my lunches. This year’s exhibition was undeniably massive, prompting me to prioritize the well-being of myself and my tired feet by skipping day three.

img_20240112_103229.jpg

img_20240112_152932.jpg

Understandably, I have gathered a ton of content from this year’s event to be shared over the next month (or perhaps months?). So, please bear with me as I sift through the thousands of photos to compile my reports.

img_20240113_155757.jpg

The Tokyo Auto Salon? As far as I’m concerned, it’s back baby. And it’s mad once again! Stay tuned!