Car Show 2024

RadX

After 1h i feel bored ler. Maybe cars have become bored to me now. Jaguar, landrover, skoda, vw, tesla not here. Many of the established brands nothing new to show. My own car coe is expiring this year so i should be more interested. Only car of interest is crv. But the more interesting variants no news. And of cos, too much premium now. 

My advice, if nothing better to do then come down.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

On 1/12/2024 at 7:24 AM, Heartbreakid said:

Saw and feel the Toyota Prius at the show. It was a very cheapo version. Interior quality-wise, Dashboard is soft touch. Front and rear doors, other than the armrests, all hard plastics. Worse is the infortainment, a smaller screen but is not integrated type, looks like those on a taxi. Previous Prius has better quality interior and, even "updated" Altis one felt so much better with the silm type infotainment screen.

No worries, suitable for Grab & GetGo can already. :secret-laugh: 

• Haha! 1

On 1/12/2024 at 2:15 PM, Columbian78 said:

After 1h i feel bored ler. Maybe cars have become bored to me now. Jaguar, landrover, skoda, vw, tesla not here. Many of the established brands nothing new to show. My own car coe is expiring this year so i should be more interested. Only car of interest is crv. But the more interesting variants no news. And of cos, too much premium now. 

CRV hybrid will not come in.

Get GLB🤭

• Sad 1

On 1/12/2024 at 2:21 PM, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

No worries, suitable for Grab & GetGo can already. :secret-laugh: 

Actually I liked the new Prius design. Very sleek but seeing the car in person. The product quality for our market is very disappointing. Even the Altis interior quality is so much better.

• Praise 2

On 1/12/2024 at 3:38 PM, Heartbreakid said:

Actually I liked the new Prius design. Very sleek but seeing the car in person. The product quality for our market is very disappointing. Even the Altis interior quality is so much better.

We are not even getting the more efficient 2L hybrid system 

(edited)
On 1/12/2024 at 3:49 PM, inlinesix said:

We are not even getting the more efficient 2L hybrid system 

Ya, but the 1.8 is upgraded to close to 140bhp at least. But it is like we are getting the taxi version of the Prius because with the hard plastics door cards, and the retro-installed (pops out of the infotainment "box"), I was thinking if the display car at the show is actually a taxi being wrapped. 🤣 

Edited by Heartbreakid
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 1/12/2024 at 7:24 AM, Heartbreakid said:

Saw and feel the Toyota Prius at the show. It was a very cheapo version. Interior quality-wise, Dashboard is soft touch. Front and rear doors, other than the armrests, all hard plastics. Worse is the infortainment, a smaller screen but is not integrated type, looks like those on a taxi. Previous Prius has better quality interior and, even "updated" Altis one felt so much better with the silm type infotainment screen.

It is meant to be used as taxi. They not making it available for general sale.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Yeah this year show scaled down by quite a bit.

Think Motorshow hype is dying. Won't be surprised if next year more brands don't participate.

Edited by Benarsenal

On 1/12/2024 at 8:43 PM, Benarsenal said:

Think Motorshow hype is dying. Won't be surprised if next year more brands don't participate.

The market is shrinking to a number of brands plus EV

On 1/12/2024 at 8:41 PM, Benarsenal said:

It is meant to be used as taxi. They not making it available for general sale.

Nope, it is launched and going to be on sale by Borneo Motors.

@Columbian78 not sure if Kah Motor did their research before pricing the CRV, it’s around 230k-240k depending on 5 seater or 7 seater. At that price point there’s so much more better options. Maybe nowadays people pay a premium for Honda ? And the interior looks really dated. 

Based on some YT review, CRV 2.0 eHev is the one to go for and not the 1.5T

On 1/12/2024 at 8:43 PM, Benarsenal said:

Im gg this year purely to admire the EVs

Hoping to see more China lux EVs next year

↡ Advertisement