Large MPVs to use bus lane at Tuas checkpoint

Unltd

Twincharged
On 1/4/2024 at 9:25 AM, Flying_genie said:

Seen Toyota Alphards carrying group of tai tais at the crossing. The Alphards can barely squeeze through the immigration booth lane. We all know how narrow the lanes are. These are not Malaysian registered nor PHVs. Probably owned by one of the tai tai.
Will be fun to see if these tai tais are going to squeeze with the peasants at the bus passengers' immigration hall.
Doubt this measure (of diverting MPVs through the bus lane) will last.

i think ICA dont give a fug about land crossings. not happy then dont cross overland. 😁.

good riddance to the starex.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic
On 1/4/2024 at 10:27 AM, Enye said:

wah my mpv not listed .... how? car lane or bus lane?

😵

Yours go lorry lane ah, or maybe they will set up a horse lane for you. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 3

I guess Woodlands Checkpoint is gonna suffer from even heavier congestion now!

If I am driving an MPV and carrying my family members, I would not want them to alight and queue on their own to clear immigration, especially for young children and elderly. Worst if no adults are accompanying them.

Even if it is just my wife and I in the car, I cannot imagine asking her to alight...... I will be so dead......

• Haha! 7

Supercharged

Good way of deterring those groups that come in to launder money at our 'resorts'. Have seen one such group in JB. They stayed overnight in hostel, had breakfast in kopitiam, then were assigned to a small fleet of waiting MPVs. No luggage or big bags. Probably handed out wads of RM in the MPVs to convert into clean S$.

• Shocked 1

On 1/4/2024 at 8:58 AM, Karoon said:

Lidat school holidays, Freed, Sienta, x7 owners can act blur use this lane also 

But that means the passengers have to queue up to use the CIQ customs together with those taking public transport too, which defeats the purpose of driving in.

• Haha! 1

Gd move and the ICA may direct”

so those entitled phv single person inside may not get the same treatment.

gonna have more fights imo as we know how these alpFaRk demeanor transcends

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
On 1/4/2024 at 11:04 AM, RadX said:

yeah. wait for those malaysian smart asses who dont obey. then kenna ban. less of these bloody starex menace the better.

Turbocharged

Hard to define what is a "large MPV". Perhaps it is more practical to include the number of occupants as well - because it is the number of occupants and passports to check, that is holding up immigration clearance.

In theory, normal cars only allowed 5 occupants include driver. Anything above that means a 6 or 7 of more seater, and if all seats are occupied then passport clearance takes time.

Anyway this only applies to Tuas, so it is aimed at taxi/shuttle MPV services going further inland into Johor or other parts of malaysia. Not JB.

• Praise 3

Supersonic
(edited)

ICA wansui wansui wan wan sui

limpeh like this move [thumbsup] 

i always kena stuck in Tuas checkpoint

just 3 MPV in the queue to counter that i am in … smelly smelly need to chop 18-20 passports !!!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 5

Hypersonic
On 1/4/2024 at 11:04 AM, RadX said:

Good mah, let those ah bengs fight, we these ah bengs then got show to watch and thread to start mah. [:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic

I think now those who fly into SG and straight away taken  to Lego land and JPO will be inconvenient liao. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 1/4/2024 at 11:24 AM, Wt_know said:

ICA wansui wansui wan wan sui

limpeh like this move [thumbsup] 

i always kena stuck in Tuas checkpoint

just 3 MPV in the queue … smelly smelly need to chop 18-20 passports !!!

You got Lin nah bey, KNN, pu nia por, DLLM or not?  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
(edited)
On 1/4/2024 at 11:28 AM, Tianmo said:

I think now those who fly into SG and straight away taken  to Lego land and JPO will be inconvenient liao. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

ICA has been monitoringggggggggggggggg nong nong time liao 

all the Starex in-and-out like cockroaches ... [mad] 

ICA aint stupid but they are just slow like tortoise 

i guess any rule change is not going to be welcome ... LOL

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 3

5th Gear

I guess they are finally starting to try and do something about these illegal services.

https://mothership.sg/2019/12/public-service-vehicle-licence-johor-singapore/

I guess the thought of just directing Malaysia registered vehicles probably crossed their minds, but it will be somewhat discriminatory, so to “sweep” everyone, they try and blanket large MPVs, but again what are “large” MPVs? 

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)

Starex chauffeur cockroaches will change car to Toyota Camry ... 

and label it as "Premium Service" .... 包 车 ... huat ah!

2024-01-04_115136.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
On 1/4/2024 at 11:38 AM, Unltd said:

I guess they are finally starting to try and do something about these illegal services.

https://mothership.sg/2019/12/public-service-vehicle-licence-johor-singapore/

I guess the thought of just directing Malaysia registered vehicles probably crossed their minds, but it will be somewhat discriminatory, so to “sweep” everyone, they try and blanket large MPVs, but again what are “large” MPVs? 

Do need to factor in the chances of our dear Malaysia custom do likewise the same as well. Asking MPV leaving Malaysia to use bus lane. They do like to shadow our policies. 😁

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged

Actually looking at the big picture, this move is not going to have any impact on the jam situation as the number of Malaysia-registered Starex/Alphard/Vellfire/Staria is not such a big number to begin with, should be way less than 1% of total cars crossing the borders. So basically is more to do with serving justice or plugging any transport loophole. To those crossing by cars should not have significant impact, jam would still be there lah. And if the operators start to use large sedans like being shared to fight back since this is lucrative business, then this is never going to go away. Better to focus energy on other measures to relieve the jam situation lah. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1