COE Bidding - December 2023

Kar_lover

This is cut and fill, last round down $19K for CAT A and 24K for CAT B, now have to fill up. Cannot always cut and no fill, right?

↡ Advertisement

1st Gear

heng got my new car over the weekend, lock in $65k COE. Saleslady was right after all, she said after this weekend sure chiong back up

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 1/17/2024 at 4:03 PM, Nawoo said:

heng got my new car over the weekend, lock in $65k COE. Saleslady was right after all, she said after this weekend sure chiong back up

You mean you bought it over the weekend, they locked in $65K COE for you using one of their existing COE? Or they will bid for you this round using $65K as base?

• Haha! 5

Turbocharged
On 1/17/2024 at 3:59 PM, 13177 said:

So the last round dropped is just a one time only.

If u ever needed proof that COE is manipulated with collusion by dealers... pre-motorshow underbids 🤣

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

1st Gear
(edited)

@Silverkris haha actually i'm not sure. the sales agreement just says COE inclusive in the price already. 

If COE dropped below $55k, that i would have gotten some refund

Edited by Nawoo

On 1/17/2024 at 4:14 PM, Nawoo said:

@Silverkris haha actually i'm not sure. the sales agreement just says COE inclusive in the price already. 

I see. I suggest you check with them though whether they have a COE for you. 

In cases of sudden big increases in COE amounts, they might not have bidded so high for a COE, and will suggest that you top up or wait for a few more bids. (This is quite normal actually).

Sincerely wish you the best in getting your new ride though. A new ride is always a happy event. Cheers.

@Nawoo you can check on LTA website to see if they have bid for you. Unless it is written as guaranteed COE, it is not guaranteed you will get the car. Good luck!

Hypersonic
On 1/17/2024 at 4:22 PM, Black320 said:

@Nawoo you can check on LTA website to see if they have bid for you. Unless it is written as guaranteed COE, it is not guaranteed you will get the car. Good luck!

Even it is a guaranteed COE, if the COE increased a lot, think they will ask you to top up.

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 1/17/2024 at 4:14 PM, Nawoo said:

Did it mention guarantee COE in the contract? 

(edited)

AD bidded 100k+ for my Cat B but didn't secure because price went up higher than that lol.

But I've expected that since there was high demand from motorshow 2024. Next 3 months I am expecting prices to fall back to 80k level again because LTA will inject more quota this year.

I think next 3 months quota should be announced by late next week. 

Edited by Ceecookie
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged
On 1/17/2024 at 2:59 PM, 13177 said:

So the last round dropped is just a one time only.

Let's see after this round they cheong with the sales and sales can keep up or not lor, I have few years to see. Haha

Hypersonic
On 1/17/2024 at 4:30 PM, 13177 said:

Even it is a guaranteed COE, if the COE increased a lot, think they will ask you to top up.

No lah. Guaranteed they have to offer within the contract period. Depends on number of bid.

↡ Advertisement