COE Bidding - December 2023

Kar_lover

On 1/7/2024 at 11:12 AM, ccc888 said:

If go for NG bids, some other ADs give 15k price drop.

For G package, cfm will not drop price more than 10k unless they have big fat margin to begin with hahahaha

I would say just go for NG bids. They have targets to meet for the car show. Even if earn only a few k they may sell to you

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

@ccc888 yes exactly, I’ve check a few AD the prices right now even though cat B is at 85k a lot of the dealers are pricing it as if the cat B is at $110k just a couple of weeks ago ! 

• Shocked 3
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic

COE is obviously going to go up in the next round after the motor show. Why would they reduce a lot leh?

• Praise 2

4th Gear
(edited)
On 1/7/2024 at 2:54 PM, Fcw75 said:

COE is obviously going to go up in the next round after the motor show. Why would they reduce a lot leh?

When coe was 100k,  I don't buy and now it drop to 65k so I decide to visit the showroom but alot say when many  buy, it will rebound the coe back to 100k then what's the point of going to the showroom when coe at 65k. Firstly budget for 65k and not 100k coe. Does that means be prepared to top up 65k to 100k coe to secure it?🤣

Edited by Ginyu

On 1/7/2024 at 3:13 PM, Ginyu said:

When coe was 100k,  I don't buy and now it drop to 65k so I decide to visit the showroom but alot say when many  buy, it will rebound the coe back to 100k then what's the point of going to the showroom when coe at 65k. Firstly budget for 65k and not 100k coe. Does that means be prepared to top up 65k to 100k coe to secure it?🤣

Let the dealer make the call, whether they want to sell to you and make a smaller profit.
At most take back the deposit.

I don’t think the dealer will want to go through all the hassle to refund, if overall they can still make a profit enough to cover the warranty period.

If COE high you don’t buy and COE low you also don’t buy, when do you actually buy a car 😃

• Haha! 2

Twincharged
On 1/7/2024 at 3:44 PM, Fitmugen said:

Let the dealer make the call, whether they want to sell to you and make a smaller profit.
At most take back the deposit.

I don’t think the dealer will want to go through all the hassle to refund, if overall they can still make a profit enough to cover the warranty period.

If COE high you don’t buy and COE low you also don’t buy, when do you actually buy a car 😃

Haha means you never gone thru enough coe bidding experience either yourself or friends. 
many times AD return deposit for those who don’t want to top up. All throughout the 30years of coe bidding. 😂

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

@Ginyu better to let price stabilize, because a sharp drop usually dealers only reduce price by a little expecting the next round to go up. Once price continues to trend downwards or at least stabilize maybe dealers will drop price according to coe price change 

• Praise 5

Turbocharged
On 1/7/2024 at 3:13 PM, Ginyu said:

You need to know how COE works. Sudden sharp drop or rise doesn't reflect actual sale price. It's mostly an average over a sustained period.

• Praise 2

4th Gear
On 1/7/2024 at 4:08 PM, Mkl22 said:

Haha means you never gone thru enough coe bidding experience either yourself or friends. 
many times AD return deposit for those who don’t want to top up. All throughout the 30years of coe bidding. 😂

Personally, i never take NG package before….always pay abit more for G bid and nego high COE rebate….kym?

• Haha! 1

4th Gear

Also maybe different strategy works whether u have car to trade in anot. Rising or downtrend period.

Hypersonic
On 1/6/2024 at 2:53 PM, Volvobrick said:

40k cat B and below I might be tempted to buy even confirmed underused.

tan gu gu.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 1/7/2024 at 9:10 PM, Volvobrick said:

Never say never! 

True, no one predict coe for Cat A can dropped to 65k so fast from 100k plus. 😂

• Haha! 1

4th Gear
On 1/7/2024 at 10:13 PM, 13177 said:

True, no one predict coe for Cat A can dropped to 65k so fast from 100k plus. 😂

Only got many hindsight big fairy canon 😆

• Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie

@Fitmugen hi Bro, thanks for the advice. 

i was also pondering since i only drive weekends( bring kids , family ) out and i don't drive on weekdays, would it be feasible for me to explore COE cars instead?