Calciphylaxis: An almost fatal disease.

RadX

On 12/8/2023 at 1:44 PM, Tianmo said:

KNN, when daiji don't come visit you, don't invite lah. 

But if you really want to try it's effect, can try one about 2-3 hrs before bed time, but be warn the effect can/might carry over till the next morning, and take note of the side effects. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Ok,ok.. thanks for the warning.  Tomorrow, can wake up late.  Test tonight see how.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

On 12/8/2023 at 1:37 PM, Ender said:

Seems like my leftover tramadols can be used for my sleepless night theraphy.. LOL..   Currently using 3mg Melatonin, like no use.  

I try not to run after 5pm. Yesterday jogged with my kids at 530pm. Was still quite alert past my bed time. not sleepy at all.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 1

On 12/8/2023 at 12:24 PM, Lala81 said:

hmmm in SG, arcoxia (etoricoxib) is just used much more than celebrex. 
Based on this meta-analysis, no difference between arcoxia vs naproxen. 

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Cesare-Baldi/publication/263971052_Cardiovascular_risk_associated_with_celecoxib_or_etoricoxib_A_meta-analysis_of_randomized_controlled_trials_which_adopted_comparison_with_placebo_or_naproxen/links/5767917a08ae421c448c527d/Cardiovascular-risk-associated-with-celecoxib-or-etoricoxib-A-meta-analysis-of-randomized-controlled-trials-which-adopted-comparison-with-placebo-or-naproxen.pdf

Anyway as long as you aren't consuming this on a chronic basis like every few days, I don't really think it's that big a deal.

wah why u all need opoids one. I've never consumed tramadol in my life. 

Thanks for sharing. We take it to get high. Lol

Just kidding, it is just part of aging but all these L and C issues are pretty common these days for a lot of overworked middle age folks.  When you have it, it is often chronic. 

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged

For living though decades of slip discs (L4-5, L5-S1); I’ve taken plain Panadol, anarex, tramadol, codeine, ibuprofen, naproxen, diclofenac, arcoxia, gabapentin, lyrica. Cannot tolerate morphine as it will make me puke.

They are not kind to your kidney, liver or both. If possible get to the root cause instead.

Post surgery, the most I use now is a kefentec plaster; but diagnosed with clear cell renal carcinoma after a couple of years. Not conclusive if it’s due to long term use of nsaids but it’s a possibility.

• Praise 3
  • Sad 3

On 12/8/2023 at 11:39 AM, Voodooman said:

I have been taking arcoxia (and sometimes tramadol and ultracet) over the years. The opioid pain killers are all bad for your liver and too much can also result in allergy.  

Arcoxia is also not approved by the US FDA for the U.S. market due to safety concerns of an increased risk of cardiovascular events. If you have been taking it, it could be a cause for your heart arrhythmia issue as well.

Arcoxia is very rarely taken because nerve pain medication along with Panadols, Tramadol can manage the pain but when breakout, will knock out myself.

Frankly speaking, anti-inflammatory medication (Arcoxia, Diclofenac, Celecoxib) doesn't seem to be effective for my case. 

• Praise 1

On 12/8/2023 at 12:21 PM, Tianmo said:

Sometimes we don't know the actual effect, or overestimated our body reaction, that can be quite dangerous.

Most of these drugs make you drowsy, and some are harmful to the stomach, so ended up taking more drugs to protect other parts.

There was once, I was on pregabalin, and I took a pill of tramadol in the morning at about 6.30am. Could feel the drowsy (double effect) effect coming by 8:30am, but I tried to fight it off as I was driving my daughter to school. But at 9am, I gave in after dropping my girl off,  parked one side and immediately knock out for like 20min, woke up and drove slowly back. That was one experience. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Cannot drive, dangerous, that's the main reason why I stopped driving.

• Sad 1

On 12/8/2023 at 12:24 PM, Lala81 said:

hmmm in SG, arcoxia (etoricoxib) is just used much more than celebrex. 
Based on this meta-analysis, no difference between arcoxia vs naproxen. 

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Cesare-Baldi/publication/263971052_Cardiovascular_risk_associated_with_celecoxib_or_etoricoxib_A_meta-analysis_of_randomized_controlled_trials_which_adopted_comparison_with_placebo_or_naproxen/links/5767917a08ae421c448c527d/Cardiovascular-risk-associated-with-celecoxib-or-etoricoxib-A-meta-analysis-of-randomized-controlled-trials-which-adopted-comparison-with-placebo-or-naproxen.pdf

Anyway as long as you aren't consuming this on a chronic basis like every few days, I don't really think it's that big a deal.

wah why u all need opoids one. I've never consumed tramadol in my life. 

Doctor asked me to consume anti-inflammatory medication daily but since it doesn't do much for me, I've never taken it for more than 2 weeks consecutively.

Problem now is doctors are just shooting in the dark on what is the root cause. In fact, my pain doctor told me the cause will most likely never be found so treating my pain will be a lifelong thing.

On 12/8/2023 at 12:21 PM, Tianmo said:

Sometimes we don't know the actual effect, or overestimated our body reaction, that can be quite dangerous.

Most of these drugs make you drowsy, and some are harmful to the stomach, so ended up taking more drugs to protect other parts.

There was once, I was on pregabalin, and I took a pill of tramadol in the morning at about 6.30am. Could feel the drowsy (double effect) effect coming by 8:30am, but I tried to fight it off as I was driving my daughter to school. But at 9am, I gave in after dropping my girl off,  parked one side and immediately knock out for like 20min, woke up and drove slowly back. That was one experience. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I had such experience before, happened like a decade ago, i forgot what medicine i have took. I remember i was out running an errand in the town area and then went to see a doctor nearby, i took the medicine immediately after seeing doctor in the car before driving home since i don't remember there were any drowsy medicine given. Barely like in less than 30 mins of driving, suddenly feel drowsy and i was on an expressway and many cars at that time, got panic and struggling to make it to the next exit. Luckily managed to make it and there was a carpark near there, faster parked the car. The drowsy effect took me few hours to fade off slightly. Until now still don't know why my body has such a reaction. Now i am very careful in taking any medicine that i have never taken before, even it is said to be non-drowsy and would never take it when i was outside esp if i need to drive. 😅

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 12/8/2023 at 1:37 PM, Ender said:

Seems like my leftover tramadols can be used for my sleepless night theraphy.. LOL..   Currently using 3mg Melatonin, like no use.  

You still have insomina issue that never able to resolve?

Melatonin no use for sleepless night. Long long time ago i took this and never find it good at all. If i have sleepless night, i rather take drowsy flu med or anarex.

• Praise 2

On 12/8/2023 at 1:44 PM, Tianmo said:

KNN, when daiji don't come visit you, don't invite lah. 

But if you really want to try it's effect, can try one about 2-3 hrs before bed time, but be warn the effect can/might carry over till the next morning, and take note of the side effects. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Indeed some medicine the drowsy effect can carry over next morning or next half a day or so. Esp medicine to treat anxiety. If you take the medicine at 7-8pm, you might still feel very drowsy in the next morning. The side effect would only fade off later part of the morning or afternoon.

• Praise 1

On 12/8/2023 at 11:10 PM, 13177 said:

I had such experience before, happened like a decade ago, i forgot what medicine i have took. I remember i was out running an errand in the town area and then went to see a doctor nearby, i took the medicine immediately after seeing doctor in the car before driving home since i don't remember there were any drowsy medicine given. Barely like in less than 30 mins of driving, suddenly feel drowsy and i was on an expressway and many cars at that time, got panic and struggling to make it to the next exit. Luckily managed to make it and there was a carpark near there, faster parked the car. The drowsy effect took me few hours to fade off slightly. Until now still don't know why my body has such a reaction. Now i am very careful in taking any medicine that i have never taken before, even it is said to be non-drowsy and would never take it when i was outside esp if i need to drive. 😅

You 富贵体 mah, always a little here cannot, a bit there also cannot one, not surprise lah. [:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 5

On 12/8/2023 at 2:02 PM, Lala81 said:

I try not to run after 5pm. Yesterday jogged with my kids at 530pm. Was still quite alert past my bed time. not sleepy at all.

Maybe you should do light running. But thought running should make you feel tired and when tired should able to sleep?! 

On 12/9/2023 at 3:19 PM, mersaylee said:

Sibeh good I tink...still kuning...😁

Think he many nights no koon liao, one time toh is tik tik. [:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 2

On 12/9/2023 at 2:16 PM, Tianmo said:

@Ender, ho koon boh? [:p][laugh][laugh]

LOL... Didn't try.. Think I save it for more important occasion where I need to wake up very early in the morning.,  i.e. sleep earlier than usual.

• Haha! 2

On 12/9/2023 at 4:11 PM, Ender said:

LOL... Didn't try.. Think I save it for more important occasion where I need to wake up very early in the morning.,  i.e. sleep earlier than usual.

If you need to wake up very early for important occasion, better don’t take drowsy med, wait overslept. 😅

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement