Calciphylaxis: An almost fatal disease.

RadX

On 12/2/2023 at 8:17 AM, mersaylee said:

Is the dressing with hydrocolloids readily available otc at pharmacy or need lokun prescription? 

OTC. All i got online and from shoppee

notable brands are Coloplast, 3M

On 12/2/2023 at 8:38 AM, RadX said:

OTC. All i got online and from shoppee

notable brands are Coloplast, 3M

Not sure why...therefore, 👍 here 😁

On 12/2/2023 at 8:52 AM, mersaylee said:

Not sure why...therefore, 👍 here 😁

Lol

why u need ah… 😂😂

On 12/2/2023 at 8:58 AM, RadX said:

Lol

why u need ah… 😂😂

I mean couldn't give a 👍 on your reply...

...i no need lah...my skin still as smooth as a baby...albeit my wife often says...a 50yo baby...😁

On 12/2/2023 at 9:04 AM, mersaylee said:

I mean couldn't give a 👍 on your reply...

...i no need lah...my skin still as smooth as a baby...albeit my wife often says...a 50yo baby...😁

Lol

ya reaction today sppil

@kobayashiGT 

Hi Radx, glad you are well.

Seems that this is localised. One of my first publications was on a case of calciphylaxis many, many

years ago - the patient was initially suspected to have shingles and was a ESRF patient. The cause was tertiary

hyperparathyroidism and despite surgery and other heroic attempts, succumbed to the condition - but then the patient

had much more extensive involvement and was sicker.

You have done well treating yourself! The pain can be really severe. Consider silver dressings if the wound is potentially infected as well

(although that can feel a bit burning initially). Take care!

• Praise 5

On 12/2/2023 at 9:08 AM, Steelblue66 said:

Hi Radx, glad you are well.

Seems that this is localised. One of my first publications was on a case of calciphylaxis many, many

years ago - the patient was initially suspected to have shingles and was a ESRF patient. The cause was tertiary

hyperparathyroidism and despite surgery and other heroic attempts, succumbed to the condition - but then the patient

had much more extensive involvement and was sicker.

You have done well treating yourself! The pain can be really severe. Consider silver dressings if the wound is potentially infected as well

(although that can feel a bit burning initially). Take care!

Thanks bro. Appreciate the insights and that is also why the clinicians had a very dismal and worrying outlook when this was confirmed. 

the risk of the cutaneous malignancies was there and again, it was my active mobility and perhaps the underlying angiogenesis that prevented further spread

well, I see it as a positive that I am

cognizant of what needs to be done going forward and the salient signs to look out for. Holy grail to work towards now is a parathyroidectomy.

on cinacalcet now and it does the job 

oh yes, the pain… a mix of ischemic, neuropathic radiating and somatic…wonder how I lived thru rt😂

took Gaba for a day or 2 only and then off it

On 12/2/2023 at 10:05 AM, Hubwee said:

@RadXwah bro , so serious huh ….please take good care man … glad that at least you survive this episode..

Tks bro… 🙏🏾 dunno how many lives I have left😂

On 12/2/2023 at 5:08 AM, RadX said:

A rare complication of too prolonged build up of calcium in the blood blocking the distal micro arteries , leading to lack of blood and thus causing breakouts of wounds OR organ death. 

@PSP415

Thought buildup of calcium in the blood would lead to coronary artery disease. So it would also cause Calciphylaxis. [sweatdrop]

On 12/2/2023 at 10:45 AM, RadX said:

Tks bro… 🙏🏾 dunno how many lives I have left😂

Not many…Godspeed RadX. 🤪

Would putting Aquacel AG+ Extra help? It’s suppose to absorb the bacteria and dirty stuff.

• Haha! 1

On 12/2/2023 at 11:50 AM, Fcw75 said:

Not many…Godspeed RadX. 🤪

Would putting Aquacel AG+ Extra help? It’s suppose to absorb the bacteria and dirty stuff.

Yes that would help and is similar to all hydrocolloids

• Praise 1

On 12/2/2023 at 10:47 AM, 13177 said:

Thought buildup of calcium in the blood would lead to coronary artery disease. So it would also cause Calciphylaxis. [sweatdrop]

Yes that would be the end game

On 12/1/2023 at 9:52 AM, kobayashiGT said:

Woah boss, now the weather turn cold and wet, please keep the wound dry yah! 

Buy a powerful dehumidifier and sleep/sit/play next to it.

On 12/1/2023 at 12:37 PM, mersaylee said:

You must be the one out of the million...kick ass badass...although more would believe you were the ah bui instead...😁

Aiya, same for those "unlucky" ones to tio Myocarditis from vaccination, doctors like to say that.

On 12/1/2023 at 1:27 PM, RadX said:

fully dry now so all gd'

i would say my tennis still kept me active and my overall muscle vascularization healthy, which led to enhanced healing. BUT need to keep wound dry after games

Why doctor cannot help you?

↡ Advertisement