Calciphylaxis: An almost fatal disease.

RadX

On 12/1/2023 at 2:32 PM, Genes said:

AS an internet famous hantu once said, "Only the good die young."

Don't worry la.

but of cos.......evergreen....jus like EV😁

↡ Advertisement

On 12/1/2023 at 3:43 PM, Fcw75 said:

Now I know why everyone called you The Walking Dead. 

🤣

better believe it babay...even my dr say this one cannot get rid of me.....power..he was more scared and panicky than me😁

• Haha! 3

On 12/1/2023 at 12:18 PM, RadX said:

very rare...my clinician only saw 2 in his life and the other fella died......go figure

Take care!! 

Chinese got this saying: "If kenna Big Calamity still alive, confirm Blessings will come your way soon"

• Praise 3

On 12/1/2023 at 3:56 PM, RadX said:

better believe it babay...even my dr say this one cannot get rid of me.....power..he was more scared and panicky than me😁

Is this like bed sore?

On 12/1/2023 at 4:28 PM, Fcw75 said:

Is this like bed sore?

not bedsore, but the manifestation is similar to a grade 2/3 wound and that can turn fatal.  so same as bedsores that get infected over time.  Proper wound care and dressings is key

• Praise 3

On 12/1/2023 at 4:27 PM, Strat said:

Take care!! 

Chinese got this saying: "If kenna Big Calamity still alive, confirm Blessings will come your way soon"

Thanks bro...too many to count aldy....Coma, renal failure(transplant done), brain surgery, etc......hahaha someone up or down der is really trying hard... must be @BanCoe kaki 😁

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

I am surprised to read 50% of patients don't survive beyond 1 year when it is just a matter of wound management.

So it is a matter of identifying the conditions and treating it early?  For those without the expertise and know-how on wound management, hospitalization should help then?

On 12/1/2023 at 4:49 PM, Voodooman said:

I am surprised to read 50% of patients don't survive beyond 1 year when it is just a matter of wound management.

So it is a matter of identifying the conditions and treating it early?  For those without the expertise and know-how on wound management, hospitalization should help then?

yes, it should BUT the immense pain one goes though can be crucifying....and my threshold of pain is damn high, yet, i give this 8/10 pain.....

the other thing is this is often misdiagnosed as cellulitis, and commonly so, even I made that error, until, the Eschar formed, then we could be looking at something more sinister.  So even my consult with close pals din have wind until we did the biopsy.

and unfortunately, those without the know how.....high chance of sepsis.  So seek early tx

• Praise 5

On 12/1/2023 at 4:39 PM, RadX said:

Thanks bro...too many to count aldy....Coma, renal failure(transplant done), brain surgery, etc......hahaha someone up or down der is really trying hard... must be @BanCoe kaki 😁

My kaki’s are in Palestine …. Humus or izzit Hamas ….. Sumthing liddat ….. they dig good underground 🤣🤣 ….. Dude ….. Laughter is the best Medicine 

• Haha! 2

Honestly never heard of this before. 

But it seems to be mostly in ESRF pt. Wound healing over the shin can be poor even in the best of circumstances. So just have to do proper debridement and wound care. 

On 12/1/2023 at 5:52 PM, Lala81 said:

Honestly never heard of this before. 

But it seems to be mostly in ESRF pt. Wound healing over the shin can be poor even in the best of circumstances. So just have to do proper debridement and wound care. 

This was posterior, at the gastrocnemius

and extremely rare in post transplant patients...and the patient who succumbed, had it at the penis....damnn

the debridement of the Eschar, is as you know, challenging, and that is why i did hydrocolloids and was even ready to do NP wound tx...but needn't go that route

• Shocked 3

Internal Moderator
On 12/1/2023 at 1:27 PM, RadX said:

fully dry now so all gd'

i would say my tennis still kept me active and my overall muscle vascularization healthy, which led to enhanced healing. BUT need to keep wound dry after games

good leh you, you are thinking positively and still exercise. Yah, tennis is not a contact sport, lesser chance of contamination or whatsoever. Just need to make sure you keep it dry. 

Reward yourself with a nice iced cold soda! 😄

• Praise 3

On 12/1/2023 at 10:51 PM, Credor said:

@RadX .. U damn powerful. U r really blessed. Lucky u. Take care and hopefully all goes well.

Tks bro

indeed.. in fact the notion of losing my life did cross my mind at some point but well YOLO.. leave it in the hands of the big one🙏🏾

• Praise 1

On 12/1/2023 at 11:35 PM, 13177 said:

Sounds scary and serious. What causes this ar?

Glad that you are recovering well. Take care.

A rare complication of too prolonged build up of calcium in the blood blocking the distal micro arteries , leading to lack of blood and thus causing breakouts of wounds OR organ death. 

@PSP415

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1