• Haha! 2

On 12/9/2023 at 7:42 PM, RadX said:

Back to topic: lol

This is the wound today! Fully closed and I am  over it🙏🏾

IMG_1941.jpeg

Machiam back from tour of duty😅

• Haha! 2

On 12/9/2023 at 5:30 PM, 13177 said:

If you need to wake up very early for important occasion, better don’t take drowsy med, wait overslept. 😅

Yah, @Ender better don't take it before any important races, wait fall a sleep while running and  run into long kang. [:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 6/13/2024 at 8:42 PM, mersaylee said:

Calling resident lokuns...is this to be of concern..."spread-able"? 

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/cases-of-deadly-disease-caused-by-flesh-eating-bacteria-hit-record-high-in-japan

I tink there's a case in taiwan as well...

Not really contagious in that sense unless you have chronic open wounds with poor skin barriers and maybe prone to getting infections. 

Its a common skin bacteria. 

• Praise 5

Hypersonic
On 6/13/2024 at 10:30 PM, Lala81 said:

Not really contagious in that sense unless you have chronic open wounds with poor skin barriers and maybe prone to getting infections. 

Its a common skin bacteria. 

Is it the same bacteria in Singapore where some lao lang cut themselves while washing crab or other shell fishes then ended up had to amputate the limbs?

Hypersonic
On 6/13/2024 at 11:12 PM, Ender said:

Is it the same bacteria in Singapore where some lao lang cut themselves while washing crab or other shell fishes then ended up had to amputate the limbs?

This medically short form is called nec fas. Actually don't really care what the bacteria is. Just treat with antibiotics and surgical debridement if needed when it happens. 

Group a strept common. But got other ones as well. 

https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/necrotizing-fasciitis-flesh-eating-bacteria

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 6/13/2024 at 11:12 PM, Ender said:

Nec fas just destroys the flesh locally. If it's localized, then it just causes muscle and flesh breakdown. 

If a bacteria infection invades your blood stream and overwhelms your body, then your body goes into septic shock. 

Usually your blood pressure becomes too low, to support it, you need medications to support your blood pressure. And this come with the rare side effect of symmetrical peripheral gangrene. 

Uncontrolled clotting in your blood vessels can also happen from the septic shock and cause gangrene. But usually I guess it's not so simultaneous in all limbs. 

Actually I never knew this until seeing the case of the Malaysian beautician who kana this recently. 

Basically when everything is going haywire. What may save you may also save you but at a great cost. Not sure whether they think its worth it (I know most people would rather have died). 

But if you don't give inotropes, the organ damage will also accumulate from hypoperfusion. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 5
  • Shocked 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 6/13/2024 at 11:46 PM, Lala81 said:

Nec fas just destroys the flesh locally. If it's localized, then it just causes muscle and flesh breakdown. 

If a bacteria infection invades your blood stream and overwhelms your body, then your body goes into septic shock. 

Usually your blood pressure becomes too low, to support it, you need medications to support your blood pressure. And this come with the rare side effect of symmetrical peripheral gangrene. 

Uncontrolled clotting in your blood vessels can also happen from the septic shock and cause gangrene. But usually I guess it's not so simultaneous in all limbs. 

Actually I never knew this until seeing the case of the Malaysian beautician who kana this recently. 

Basically when everything is going haywire. What may save you may also save you but at a great cost. Not sure whether they think its worth it (I know most people would rather have died). 

But if you don't give inotropes, the organ damage will also accumulate from hypoperfusion. 

This reminds me of the case of the female medical student who revived some man with a heart attack with cpr at Holland v. Was hailed as a heroine, maybe around in the late 2000s. 

Heard anecdotally she may have questioned her decision (through no fault of her own) that the victim survived but was bedbound with hypoxic brain damage after that.

That's why sometimes is really  "save my life at all cost" good for you? 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3
  • Sad 1

Hypersonic
On 6/13/2024 at 11:55 PM, Lala81 said:

This reminds me of the case of the female medical student who revived some man with a heart attack with cpr at Holland v. Was hailed as a heroine, maybe around in the late 2000s. 

Heard anecdotally she may have questioned her decision (through no fault of her own) that the victim survived but was bedbound with hypoxic brain damage after that.

The brain damage is related to his heart damage.

I don’t think any med student will do nothing in this circumstances 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 6/13/2024 at 11:55 PM, Lala81 said:

That's why sometimes is really  "save my life at all cost" good for you? 

Each time my dad goes to hospital ward, the ward doc always ask us do we agree to a Do not resuscitate (DNR) protocol, LOL The first time it was a hard decision, but the last two were a quick agreement to DNR.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 3

Hypersonic
On 6/14/2024 at 12:45 AM, Ender said:

Each time my dad goes to hospital ward, the ward doc always ask us do we agree to a Do not resuscitate (DNR) protocol, LOL The first time it was a hard decision, but the last two were a quick agreement to DNR.

Docs also asked the same about DNR if it’s a gone case …. Same for my Mom …. Stayed in hospital for 3 months ….. hospital asked if want to stay in hospice or take home ( palliative care) and sort of RIP at home …. I chose the latter ….. so far chugging on for 2.5 months as I type this though she is in almost vegetative state but my family knows she is happy inside to be at home for sure rather than hospice , as docs prognosis on discharge was like a couple of days to a fortnight 

• Praise 5
  • Sad 1

Hypersonic

Remember to do AMD, ACP and LPA. 

I did all 3 liao.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 6/14/2024 at 7:58 AM, Fcw75 said:

Remember to do AMD, ACP and LPA. 

I did all 3 liao.

You wun die so young la

oni gd go young 🪦😂

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 6/14/2024 at 8:19 AM, RadX said:

You wun die so young la

oni gd go young 🪦😂

Better be safe than sorry, don’t want be a burden.

See my mother like that, what’s the point?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2