Calciphylaxis: An almost fatal disease.

RadX

On 12/7/2023 at 8:31 AM, Ender said:

I also have unused tramadol from the A&E visit for my severe fall during my run a couple of years back. During pandemic. 

Is tramadol  stronger or " Arcoxia" (etoricoxib) 120mg 1st dose stronger ?? and then taper off with 1/2 dose and then just Suniton (like panadol)  I was given for my back nerve impingement ..... my L1/L2/L3/L4 all worn out and the discs also like no juice ; Every like once in about 6 months I "kenna" the spasms which literally make me "paralysed" from belly button down till butt, can recover after like 24 hours usually about 50-60%........ Last time kenna whilst picking up tennis ball..... Like go into cold sweat :TT_TT:       

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

On 12/7/2023 at 9:11 AM, BanCoe said:

Is tramadol  stronger or " Arcoxia" (etoricoxib) 120mg 1st dose stronger ?? and then taper off with 1/2 dose and then just Suniton (like panadol)  I was given for my back nerve impingement ..... my L1/L2/L3/L4 all worn out and the discs also like no juice ; Every like once in about 6 months I "kenna" the spasms which literally make me "paralysed" from belly button down till butt, can recover after like 24 hours usually about 50-60%........ Last time kenna whilst picking up tennis ball..... Like go into cold sweat :TT_TT:       

Wah, so now you waiting for L5 to give you a royal flush, and you can name your lower back " Totally hongkan".  [:p]

But with your condition, your doctor did not mentioned putting metal plates and screws  to hold them up?

The 2 drugs,  I believe belong to different grps of drugs, may not be fair to compare them directly. I used them both, and my body react to tramadol better, both positive and negative effects. Between etoricoxib and Ibuprofen, I go with ibuprofen. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 12/7/2023 at 8:31 AM, Ender said:

I also have unused tramadol from the A&E visit for my severe fall during my run a couple of years back. During pandemic. 

Very effective,but lots of side effects. What's your side effect with it? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

On 12/7/2023 at 8:33 AM, Ender said:

Fentanyl like got problem with addiction in USA..

Yes...lile morphine...controlled drug here...pharmacist stressed that unconsumed ones must be returned...scared I sell at carouhell... 😅

• Haha! 2

On 12/7/2023 at 8:33 AM, Ender said:

Fentanyl like got problem with addiction in USA..

locally only use fentanyl patch for normal chronic pain or palliative pain relief. 

Edited by Lala81

Opoids like tramadol are for only pain relief.

NSAIDS/COX-2 like etoricoxib/ibuprofen reduce pain by reducing the inflammatory process. 

In simple terms. 

tramadol is "strong" locally. For the americans, it's like baby candy... 

Constipation, nausea, giddiness are common side effects. I would say 20% of people don't tolerate tramadol well.

Codeine phosphate is in quite a lot of cough syrups and that's better tolerated in lower doses. Oxycontin in the states is essentially codeine. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

On 12/7/2023 at 9:53 AM, Tianmo said:

Very effective,but lots of side effects. What's your side effect with it? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I didn't use for my injury coz I was able to tahan the pain. It's not really painful as along I make sure the wound don't kenna water.  But I use it for my steroid treatment on the scar. The injection on my lips is very painful, but the tramadol didn't help with the pain. No side effect. probably I only took once prior to the injection, so is consider very low usage.

Edited by Ender

On 12/7/2023 at 9:51 AM, Tianmo said:

Wah, so now you waiting for L5 to give you a royal flush, and you can name your lower back " Totally hongkan".  [:p]

But with your condition, your doctor did not mentioned putting metal plates and screws  to hold them up?

The 2 drugs,  I believe belong to different grps of drugs, may not be fair to compare them directly. I used them both, and my body react to tramadol better, both positive and negative effects. Between etoricoxib and Ibuprofen, I go with ibuprofen. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Waiting to get “ checked out “ by Radx for one way ticket to ☠️ Mandai lah🤣🤣

, so far I got regularly done MRI’s every couple of years by Ortho….and heart stress also . doc said trade off is good  heart for back or knees …..mechanicals easier to handle I guess with metals/ implants  🤣

• Praise 1

On 12/7/2023 at 9:53 AM, Tianmo said:

Yeah, take those and say good bye to any tasks you're working on :XD:, at least will be blur sotong by 50%.

• Haha! 2

On 12/7/2023 at 5:21 PM, Windwaver said:

Arcoxia 120mg will cause water retention for me.

I have been taking arcoxia (and sometimes tramadol and ultracet) over the years. The opioid pain killers are all bad for your liver and too much can also result in allergy.  

Arcoxia is also not approved by the US FDA for the U.S. market due to safety concerns of an increased risk of cardiovascular events. If you have been taking it, it could be a cause for your heart arrhythmia issue as well.

• Praise 4

On 12/7/2023 at 5:18 PM, Windwaver said:

Yeah, take those and say good bye to any tasks you're working on :XD:, at least will be blur sotong by 50%.

Sometimes we don't know the actual effect, or overestimated our body reaction, that can be quite dangerous.

Most of these drugs make you drowsy, and some are harmful to the stomach, so ended up taking more drugs to protect other parts.

There was once, I was on pregabalin, and I took a pill of tramadol in the morning at about 6.30am. Could feel the drowsy (double effect) effect coming by 8:30am, but I tried to fight it off as I was driving my daughter to school. But at 9am, I gave in after dropping my girl off,  parked one side and immediately knock out for like 20min, woke up and drove slowly back. That was one experience. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 3

On 12/8/2023 at 11:39 AM, Voodooman said:

I have been taking arcoxia (and sometimes tramadol and ultracet) over the years. The opioid pain killers are all bad for your liver and too much can also result in allergy.  

Arcoxia is also not approved by the US FDA for the U.S. market due to safety concerns of an increased risk of cardiovascular events. If you have been taking it, it could be a cause for your heart arrhythmia issue as well.

hmmm in SG, arcoxia (etoricoxib) is just used much more than celebrex. 
Based on this meta-analysis, no difference between arcoxia vs naproxen. 

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Cesare-Baldi/publication/263971052_Cardiovascular_risk_associated_with_celecoxib_or_etoricoxib_A_meta-analysis_of_randomized_controlled_trials_which_adopted_comparison_with_placebo_or_naproxen/links/5767917a08ae421c448c527d/Cardiovascular-risk-associated-with-celecoxib-or-etoricoxib-A-meta-analysis-of-randomized-controlled-trials-which-adopted-comparison-with-placebo-or-naproxen.pdf

Anyway as long as you aren't consuming this on a chronic basis like every few days, I don't really think it's that big a deal.

wah why u all need opoids one. I've never consumed tramadol in my life. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

On 12/8/2023 at 12:21 PM, Tianmo said:

Sometimes we don't know the actual effect, or overestimated our body reaction, that can be quite dangerous.

Most of these drugs make you drowsy, and some are harmful to the stomach, so ended up taking more drugs to protect other parts.

There was once, I was on pregabalin, and I took a pill of tramadol in the morning at about 6.30am. Could feel the drowsy (double effect) effect coming by 8:30am, but I tried to fight it off as I was driving my daughter to school. But at 9am, I gave in after dropping my girl off,  parked one side and immediately knock out for like 20min, woke up and drove slowly back. That was one experience. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

take tramadol and drive, think can get licence kantong lol 😄

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

On 12/8/2023 at 12:25 PM, Lala81 said:

take tramadol and drive, think can get licence kantong lol 😄

Seriously I didn't know about this. I don't know if is because of my mind or my body, but I have taken them separately, and although tramadol has a stronger effect, it didn't affect me as much. Taking them together is a different story, and so I learned my lesson. They stay away from each other, unless really need to meet, and no driving. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

On 12/8/2023 at 12:21 PM, Tianmo said:

Seems like my leftover tramadols can be used for my sleepless night theraphy.. LOL..   Currently using 3mg Melatonin, like no use.  

• Haha! 4

On 12/8/2023 at 12:24 PM, Lala81 said:

wah why u all need opoids one. I've never consumed tramadol in my life. 

Our gen is hard life.

Edited by Ender
  • Haha! 3

On 12/8/2023 at 1:37 PM, Ender said:

Seems like my leftover tramadols can be used for my sleepless night theraphy.. LOL..   Currently using 3mg Melatonin, like no use.  

KNN, when daiji don't come visit you, don't invite lah. 

But if you really want to try it's effect, can try one about 2-3 hrs before bed time, but be warn the effect can/might carry over till the next morning, and take note of the side effects. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2