Johor Gets S$48M Budget To Ease Causeway Congestion, Includes New Walkway & M-Bike Lanes

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

MSN-Featured-images-29.jpg

Source: https://mustsharenews.com/johor-upgrades-congestion-causeway/

Johor Plans Upgrades To Ease Congestion At Causeway & Borders With Singapore

Malaysia has announced that they will allocate RM168.7 million (S$48.67 million) to address congestion at the entry points into Johor Bahru (JB).

This will include upgrades at locations such as the two land checkpoints.

In addition, workers under the Immigration Department will be able to enjoy incentives.

Johor plans upgrades to address congestion at Causeway

According to Channel NewsAsia (CNA), Johor will receive RM168.7 million (S$48.6 million) to introduce measures that will ease congestion for travellers entering and leaving Malaysia.

The four measures will be in three different projects, Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Fadillah Yusof said.

In addition, Immigration Department officers on land duty will receive incentives. Malaysia has allocated RM7.93 million (S$2.2 million) a year for these incentives.

The upgrades include the construction of 77 automated border control systems or M-Bike lanes for a total cost of RM61.7 million (S$17.8 million).

The Customs, Immigration and Quarantine Complex at the Sultan Iskandar Building will have 44 such lanes.

Meanwhile, the Kompleks Sultan Abu Bakar (KSAB) of the Second Link Crossing in Iskandar Puteri will have 33.

Furthermore, there are plans to build halls, upgrades and carry out new projects at KSAB, amounting to RM106.9 million (S$30.8 million).

The construction of a covered pedestrian walkway along the Causeway is reportedly also in the works.

Number of travellers expected to return to pre-pandemic figures

Datuk Seri Fadillah said that the incentives for Immigration Department officers is in line with the Madani Malaysia framework, reported Malay Mail.

In addition, there will be further discussion to extend them further to Immigration Department officers in Sabah and Sarawak.

ministers-inspecting-entrypoints.png

Explaining the reason for the upgrades, Datuk Seri Fadillah noted the expected increase in travellers entering the country via the Malaysia-Singapore land crossings. He estimated the increase to be at a rate of 15% yearly. By 2025, the figure could stand at 157 million travellers.

As of last month, 98 million travellers reportedly crossed the Malaysia-Singapore crossings.

Datuk Seri Fadillah said that this number will be expected to return to pre-Covid 19 figures, increasing to about 136 million by the end of this year.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Is it talk talk only or really put into action? Or maybe another round of political musical chairs there will be other plans instead?

I read with a pinch of salt. Skali someone else suddenly take over as pm, it becomes another story. I pass.

• Haha! 3

Saw this in the news... hopefully it works out... but Singapore side will still jam for cars and bikes.... our computer systems are so slow... and I read cos they do more thorough checking of each person so the clearing process takes so much longer... I think they have to upgrade the computer systems so that it works much much faster...

Supercharged

As in all things MY, believe it only when you see it.

Having said that, I have been into MY a lot since early this year.  I spent a lot of time exploring, eating, mingling with the locals, driving myself and also taking grabs, private pick-ups, going to their banks, etc....and each time, I am extremely impressed by the services I got there, be it from the servers in F&B or other service providers like banks, grab drivers,  or gov. offices.  The people are extremely friendly, helpful and responsive  and never once I doubted their competency. I felt assured all the time when I was dealing with their businesses. 

On 10/13/2023 at 1:02 PM, kobayashiGT said:

Never lah. still long way to go. ahahahahah. 

One day one new thread, 78 enough? [:p][laugh][laugh]

We are always here to help you know, you just have to shout. ROFLMAO. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
On 10/13/2023 at 1:22 PM, Tianmo said:

One day one new thread, 78 enough? [:p][laugh][laugh]

We are always here to help you know, you just have to shout. ROFLMAO. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Don't wanna trouble you all lah. You all enjoy your stay here can le. 😄

• Haha! 1

On 10/13/2023 at 4:11 PM, Jellandross said:

Budgeting time is $48M. 

After passing through all the stakeholder pockets left how much?

have to build automated system for bikes, build halls, upgrades, and some simi new projects, covered walkways at causeway and officers get new incentives.....

no need go thru' stakeholders also know will overrun lah

oh yeah...whatever happened to the VEP thingie that was very hot before covid huh? :D

• Haha! 1

On 10/13/2023 at 4:48 PM, Ahwhye said:

have to build automated system for bikes, build halls, upgrades, and some simi new projects, covered walkways at causeway and officers get new incentives.....

no need go thru' stakeholders also know will overrun lah

oh yeah...whatever happened to the VEP thingie that was very hot before covid huh? :D

exactly. some here were also so worried about it. 😁

with boleh land it is always some new initiative every few years. else stakeholders cannot get their dues.....

has been going for years and will continue to go on. all the better for singapore anyway.

i think more jiuhu kias will come here when we hit 4.0RM

On 10/13/2023 at 12:34 PM, Starry said:

As in all things MY, believe it only when you see it.

Having said that, I have been into MY a lot since early this year.  I spent a lot of time exploring, eating, mingling with the locals, driving myself and also taking grabs, private pick-ups, going to their banks, etc....and each time, I am extremely impressed by the services I got there, be it from the servers in F&B or other service providers like banks, grab drivers,  or gov. offices.  The people are extremely friendly, helpful and responsive  and never once I doubted their competency. I felt assured all the time when I was dealing with their businesses. 

There was an interview of an expat living in Malaysia, by that youtuber max chernov. The expat also said not to believe the stereotype that locals are lazy and inefficient. But they somehow just manage to be more friendly, chill and less stressed than people in SG.

Edited by Sosaria

Supercharged
On 10/13/2023 at 9:11 PM, Sosaria said:

There was an interview of an expat living in Malaysia, by that youtuber max chernov. The expat also said not to believe the stereotype that locals are lazy and inefficient. But they somehow just manage to be more friendly, chill and less stressed than people in SG.

You reminded me about something else that I observed.  The drivers in MY are really patient.  I hear quite a fair bit of over-zealous exhaust noise from motorbikes, but I almost never hear of anyone horning.  Same in Melaka as  well which is simply crowded with tourist and congested roads at the city center. Drivers were just patient....they willing to stop and wait  if someone need to cross the road or getting out of a car park (they like to park head in, so getting out take a  bit more time) . I have to see it to believe it myself .

Edited by Starry

On 10/13/2023 at 9:30 PM, Starry said:

You reminded me about something else that I observed.  The drivers in MY are really patient.  I hear quite a fair bit of over-zealous exhaust noise from motorbikes, but I almost never hear of anyone horning.  Same in Melaka as  well which is simply crowded with tourist and congested roads at the city center.

Over-zealous motorbike exhaust is for drivers to take note of them.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 10/13/2023 at 9:30 PM, Starry said:

You reminded me about something else that I observed.  The drivers in MY are really patient.  I hear quite a fair bit of over-zealous exhaust noise from motorbikes, but I almost never hear of anyone horning.  Same in Melaka as  well which is simply crowded with tourist and congested roads at the city center. Drivers were just patient....they willing to stop and wait  if someone need to cross the road or getting out of a car park (they like to park head in, so getting out take a  bit more time) . I have to see it to believe it myself .

Agree... they face almost impossible daily traffic... so they're used to it... imagine they take so long to come in to Singapore and leave to go back to Malaysia... no patience sure cannot survive...

Oh I'm very sure the $48M budget is real

But what u actually get in the end for all that $$ is another story......

↡ Advertisement