2023 Corolla Cross Hybrid 2.0 - Technical, Features & Use

Kklee

This thread is set up for discussions on anything technical, features or functions for the 2023 Corolla Cross Hybrid 2.0
It is not for the discussion on the price or cost related issues, comparison with other makes/models and similar irrelevances.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Thinking of changing car? Hehe

I think it's quite a good car given the interior is spacious, the 2.0L dynamic force engine is fuel efficient with their proven hybrid drive train. 150hp from the petrol engine coupled with the electric motor I think acceleration wise should be quite effortless. Compared to the 170hp petrol engine from the rav4 I think they could have reduced the piston speed to better achieve fuel economy by slowing the combustion process. The electric motor could easily make up the power deficit.

I think sgcarmart has a review on it. One thing I do like about Toyota design is the all round visibility(for the driver) not found in many cars. At least for the front half of the car given it is a hatchback-suv design. Strangely this is one of the things not mentioned in car reviews anymore. 

• Praise 1

On 9/8/2023 at 8:50 AM, Watwheels said:

Thinking of changing car? Hehe

I think it's quite a good car given the interior is spacious, the 2.0L dynamic force engine is fuel efficient with their proven hybrid drive train. 150hp from the petrol engine coupled with the electric motor I think acceleration wise should be quite effortless. Compared to the 170hp petrol engine from the rav4 I think they could have reduced the piston speed to better achieve fuel economy by slowing the combustion process. The electric motor could easily make up the power deficit.

I think sgcarmart has a review on it. One thing I do like about Toyota design is the all round visibility(for the driver) not found in many cars. At least for the front half of the car given it is a hatchback-suv design. Strangely this is one of the things not mentioned in car reviews anymore. 

IMHO.
Change please. 🤣  Look at the 0-100 🤣

Technically,  the D-4S engine is port and DI.  That should eliminate the carbon build-up on the valve top.
The electric motor is also new. 
Engine is also newer  M20A-FXS. 
Also different is the rear suspension - now is double-wish bone.   I think the previous or some models is torsion beam. 

This model not much Youtube on it.  Across the border version is Made in Malaysia with 1.8L engine. 

On 11/7/2023 at 9:05 PM, Kklee said:

IMHO.
Break-in engine at the moment. 😊

The infotainment is not original Toyota, but some 3rd party crap put in by Borneo?

On 11/8/2023 at 9:27 PM, t0y0ta said:

The infotainment is not original Toyota, but some 3rd party crap put in by Borneo?

IMHO.
Not sure.  But I feel it is too basic. 🤣

On 11/8/2023 at 9:27 PM, t0y0ta said:

On 11/8/2023 at 10:43 PM, Kklee said:

IMHO.
Not sure.  But I feel it is too basic. 🤣

Just to update.

IMHO.

Found in the device linking it to DENSO TEN,  mostly own by DENSO, largely by TOYOTA and partially by FUJITSU.

The Android Auto is wired although I would habe preferred wireless.  One nice feature, like in my Corolla Altis,  that it is possible to navigate in underground tunnels thru Google Maps.

Still learning hiw to use the basic features.🤣

On 11/9/2023 at 7:36 AM, Kklee said:

Just to update.

IMHO.

Found in the device linking it to DENSO TEN,  mostly own by DENSO, largely by TOYOTA and partially by FUJITSU.

The Android Auto is wired although I would habe preferred wireless.  One nice feature, like in my Corolla Altis,  that it is possible to navigate in underground tunnels thru Google Maps.

Still learning hiw to use the basic features.🤣

Only the Harrier (the slightly updated one that appear in showroom this year) has the true original Toyota Infotainment that is used globally. You can take a look. The interfaces have iPhone-feel and got integrated navigation which the data looks like taken from Google maps

• Praise 1

On 11/9/2023 at 8:36 AM, t0y0ta said:

Only the Harrier (the slightly updated one that appear in showroom this year) has the true original Toyota Infotainment that is used globally. You can take a look. The interfaces have iPhone-feel and got integrated navigation which the data looks like taken from Google maps

IMHO.

For me done deal already.  Plus point is the underground navigation for Android Auto.   Apple Carplay from info I received is cannot.

Now also need to test out the OBD2.

P.S. BM I feel, as usual don't give a lot of features to B&B range to avoid "robbing" higher end models.🤣

Supercharged

How is the road noise and overal NVH insulation?

Quite interested in this model since Cat B COE is dropping.

Twincharged
On 12/11/2023 at 7:58 PM, shunyang said:

Just got mine last week.  A very comfortable suv to drive. fast pickup and stable. The most beautiful thing is the ACC and petrol consumption is low. 

Roughly..what is the petrol consumption like?  .?? Km/ litre

Usually is about 18km to 24.5km depend on trip to trip . Only felt that seldom go petrol station liao . compare to my old suv . have to visit them every 3 day .

As for the sound insulation . Not that great. need to add rubber I think . 

• Praise 1

(edited)

@Credor After the 1000km servicing . the engine smoother and mirage improved .attached is the detail from north area to town both small and highway. Full tank can go about close to 750 -800km. I think . 

20240107_130706.jpg

20240107_130841.jpg

Edited by shunyang
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

Nowadays, Japanese engine FC is sensitive to oil viscocity used.

For hybrid engine, it must be 0-16.

• Praise 2

Supercharged
On 1/6/2024 at 10:27 PM, shunyang said:

Usually is about 18km to 24.5km depend on trip to trip . Only felt that seldom go petrol station liao . compare to my old suv . have to visit them every 3 day .

As for the sound insulation . Not that great. need to add rubber I think . 

Can share what was your previous ride? So I can have an idea what you are comparing to in terms of NVH difference.

↡ Advertisement