family in Copenhagen

Wind30

Hypersonic
On 7/25/2023 at 9:26 AM, Lala81 said:

you guys really like the cold ar...

I believe majority people staying in sg like the cold. This is why many people default must go holiday during the winter every year. And when in sg default must stay inside aircon places most of the time. 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
On 7/26/2023 at 12:32 AM, plumeria_22 said:

@Wind30 Great shot...what kind of camera settings did you use?

that shot is many years back. Probably aperture priority. 

• Haha! 1

On 7/25/2023 at 8:19 AM, Wt_know said:

i just covered Denmark, Sweden and Norway road trip in May 23

spent most of the time in Norway but didn't go to Lofoten ... too long a drive and lazy to take internal flight ... LOL

You drove from Denmark to Sweden? Drove the Oresund Bridge??? 

(edited)
On 7/26/2023 at 3:08 PM, teomingern said:

You drove from Denmark to Sweden? Drove the Oresund Bridge??? 

that was the initial plan but final decision i took the train to Malmo, rent from Malmo ...

much much cheaper because i rent for 15 days and start my road trip there to cover Sweden and Norway

Denmark i take public transport with their city pass that cover quite a wide zone ... free and easy ... :grin:

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

On 7/25/2023 at 8:39 AM, Spidey10 said:

same here, covered Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland - between Copenhagen and Stockholm, I feel Stockholm is better....somehow have that charm like Budapest. 

Hidden Gem, Norway, spent my time in Oslo, Bergen and Tromso.....if you are like me into hiking, dog sledging and aurora borealis chasing, then Tromso is highly recommended! 

CMLC9801[1].JPG

Did you drive to Tromso? In winter? I did Bergen to Oslo but in summer... and the roads over the Hardangervida Plateau still had snow piled high on each side of the road with the lakes and rivers still iced up... pretty and a bit scary at the same time... cos not prepared... was half expecting snowfall but it didn't occur... when we reached Geilo which was halfway and high up (it's a ski resort), it was surprisingly clear without snow except in the upper reaches of the ski fields...

On 7/25/2023 at 9:16 AM, Spidey10 said:

one of the shots that was clear whilst driving from Tromso to one of the city in Finland...after that we gave up! too dangerous.. 

Wow!!! My wife surely will box my ears after we reach destination safely if we drove in such conditions... ha ha ha... you're very brave...

On 7/25/2023 at 8:51 AM, Wt_know said:

yeah ... spend quite some time driving around mountain and tunnel ... :grin:

2023-07-25_085122.jpg

This one is winter? Roads look clear... even in early summer in the highlands, the roads and surroundings look like this...

On 7/25/2023 at 5:47 AM, Wind30 said:

I assume you are asking what is my favourite places in Europe. 
1) lofoten island. My first trip in April was stunning in terms of landscapes, snow, etc.

honestly every city is nice… porto is beautiful esp the river. Budapest is nice. Germany is nice to drive but I don’t feel the European romance vibe much in their cities. 

I agree... most European cities with history are nice... I feel many of the Eastern European cities have that old European romantic feel... places like Budapest, Prague, Warsaw, etc... I kind of didn't quite like Berlin but thought Dresden was nice and really loved Bremen...

Never been to Portugal & Spain... cos very warm in summer... heh heh... I go for cold weather... maybe must try in Dec for these 2 countries...

On 7/25/2023 at 9:29 AM, Wt_know said:

cold weather is like the “forbidden fruit” … cant get in spore … lol

Exactly bro! Not forbidden fruit but I see more like a dream...

• Haha! 1

On 7/25/2023 at 10:30 AM, Wind30 said:

Lofoten is a big hassle to get to and I went back again in June but it was not that nice because of the lack of snow. The April trip was absolutely stunning so I think it all depends on when you are going. It snowed enough to be beautiful but not dangerous to drive. 

Aiyah... April is out for me lar... I only can do school holidays... sian... wait until retire lao kok kok already also cannot drive anymore...

On 7/25/2023 at 12:29 PM, Voodooman said:

I am planning a May trip. Don't fancy driving in snow and i like long days (best is midnight sun).

I would like to try once... not deep winter but snowy yet sufficiently safe just like how Wind30 described...

• Praise 1

On 7/25/2023 at 7:38 PM, Wind30 said:

Porto... Somehow I find this place very romantic. My boy was sick so me and my daughter went out for breakfast and some shots...

I am going back to Spain next year June... but it will be hard to get sunrise shots in summer...

spain39.jpg

Summer would be super hot, no? Humid too... something I wouldn't spend money to experience leh bro...

On 7/26/2023 at 8:18 AM, Spidey10 said:

He is really good, his photo shots are really nice....I enjoy looking at yr photo shots...keep sharing mate. 

me, i used to carry a DSLR, now just my iphone...maybe I should get one of those frameless small cameras with wide angle lens...:yeah-im-not-drunk:

Mirrorless bro... not frameless... I suggest you try the A6700 - the latest and the greatest so far... $2000+... I wish I could upgrade but my NEX-6 (the ancient predecessor) is still working fine... my DSLR just sitting in my dry cabinet for 6-7 years already...

Hypersonic
On 7/26/2023 at 3:26 PM, teomingern said:

Aiyah... April is out for me lar... I only can do school holidays... sian... wait until retire lao kok kok already also cannot drive anymore...

Who say lao kok kok cannot drive anymore. Many lao kok kok still able to drive at 70s le.

• Haha! 1

On 7/26/2023 at 8:21 AM, inlinesix said:

@Spidey10 Sony RX1.

35mm lens full frame 

Don't need full frame lor... expensive and file size super huge... every file also like 20-30 MB... after using full frame DSLR, I think not worth the file sizes... transfer also troublesome... APS-C really very good already... file size manageable plus with good lenses can get very nice details...

Wind30's photos are partly skill (framing, composition, timing, location selection, eye for a good shot) and time of the day... and after many trips and shooting like crazy... I have realized that often the place itself simply lends itself to good shots... when I travel overseas, I don't have to think so hard to frame, compose and shoot to get good shots... it's not like that in Singapore though... our environment is too built-up and too many distractions and too crowded in the background always...

On 7/26/2023 at 3:36 PM, teomingern said:

Don't need full frame lor... expensive and file size super huge... every file also like 20-30 MB... after using full frame DSLR, I think not worth the file sizes... transfer also troublesome... APS-C really very good already... file size manageable plus with good lenses can get very nice details...

Wind30's photos are partly skill (framing, composition, timing, location selection, eye for a good shot) and time of the day... and after many trips and shooting like crazy... I have realized that often the place itself simply lends itself to good shots... when I travel overseas, I don't have to think so hard to frame, compose and shoot to get good shots... it's not like that in Singapore though... our environment is too built-up and too many distractions and too crowded in the background always...

The biggest advantage of 35mm full frame is photo crop.

Just make sure the subject is properly focused.  After can crop.

There is no pixelation.

I took a lot of photo using iphone rather than camera nowadays.

On 7/26/2023 at 3:11 PM, Wt_know said:

that was the initial plan but final decision i took the train to Malmo, rent from Malmo ...

much much cheaper because i rent for 15 days and start my road trip there to cover Sweden and Norway

Denmark i take public transport with their city pass that cover quite a wide zone ... free and easy ... :grin:

Nice... yes yes... Copenhagen has a very nice city pass that covers everything plus entry into many places... I visited many places cos of the pass... highly recommended... public transport was also very convenient and frequent...

On 7/26/2023 at 3:41 PM, inlinesix said:

The biggest advantage of 35mm full frame is photo crop.

Just make sure the subject is properly focused.  After can crop.

There is no pixelation.

I took a lot of photo using iphone rather than camera nowadays.

APS-C also can crop lar... ha ha... a lot of times must frame properly as you said... I used APS-C for almost a decade before switching...

↡ Advertisement