On 7/10/2023 at 5:56 PM, Lala81 said:

There are always such leeches around.

I'm surprised u even bothered. 

Heh heh heh ...... I'm a sucker when it comes to these things. 😋

My heart goes weak.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

On 7/10/2023 at 6:27 PM, Volvobrick said:

All this they make a big cut. And no one ever know if any money actually left for the charity. I never give to this type. Want to give, give direct. I am just too sceptical of humans..... 

No wonder. My son said they earn "commission" on such donations.

How can like dat!!

On 7/10/2023 at 6:39 PM, Abracadabra said:

No wonder. My son said they earn "commission" on such donations.

How can like dat!!

Many out there exploiting the kindness of Singaporeans. Some youth selling overpriced ice creams, some selling vouchers. Outright donations need charity liscense I think, so to go around it they will be selling vouchers maciam a business. 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 7/10/2023 at 5:07 PM, Abracadabra said:

Confirmed I tio conned by these 2 ah tiong bu who pretended they did not have money to eat.

I was on my way to NTUC when a familiar voice called out to me and same ruse. Same women from last week. I confronted them and accused both of going round cheating people of their money. 

The one who called out to me started to stammer and tried to hush me. I shouted, took out my phone and threatened to call the police. 

They turned away and scooted like 2 rats.

TMD! 😡

They should tell you that they never con people, they really have no money to eat everyday. 😅 The money they got from people last week already finished spending liao.

• Haha! 3

On 7/10/2023 at 6:57 PM, Volvobrick said:

Many out there exploiting the kindness of Singaporeans. Some youth selling overpriced ice creams, some selling vouchers. Outright donations need charity liscense I think, so to go around it they will be selling vouchers maciam a business. 

I always ask to take a photo of their laminated "licence and propaganda" for donation and tell them to wait for me to check before I close the door...without fail...boh lang after I reopen the door few minutes later...😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 7/10/2023 at 6:27 PM, Volvobrick said:

All this they make a big cut. And no one ever know if any money actually left for the charity. I never give to this type. Want to give, give direct. I am just too sceptical of humans..... 

Too bad nowadays too many bad people and scams, even  if it is a genuine case also too bad for them, i would not bother to give to any of them. 好人难做.

• Praise 1

(edited)
On 7/10/2023 at 8:17 PM, 13177 said:

They should tell you that they never con people, they really have no money to eat everyday. 😅 The money they got from people last week already finished spending liao.

You should see how they ran. If in front SOC, they also clear in a jiffy. 🤣

Mata is a magic word like hocus-pocus.

Take it as a lesson. Hmmm!

Edited by Abracadabra
  • Haha! 3

On 7/10/2023 at 5:07 PM, Abracadabra said:

Confirmed I tio conned by these 2 ah tiong bu who pretended they did not have money to eat.

I was on my way to NTUC when a familiar voice called out to me and same ruse. Same women from last week. I confronted them and accused both of going round cheating people of their money. 

The one who called out to me started to stammer and tried to hush me. I shouted, took out my phone and threatened to call the police. 

They turned away and scooted like 2 rats.

TMD! 😡

In here, i believe no one dare declare they more lao tiko than me, but even this lao tiko king also never kena such thing. 

Really takes an extraordinary lao tiko for the job, but i respect your courage ( to even come forward with the true) and self confident ( that the ah tiong bus approached you because you look friendly, easy and yan dao).   [:p][laugh][laugh]  

• Haha! 4

Hypersonic
On 7/10/2023 at 9:58 PM, Abracadabra said:

You should see how they ran. If in front SOC, they also clear in a jiffy. 🤣

Mata is a magic word like hocus-pocus.

Take it as a lesson. Hmmm!

They ran away but come back to the same spot and continue asking for money few days later. 😅

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 7/10/2023 at 5:56 PM, Lala81 said:

There are always such leeches around.

I'm surprised u even bothered. 

sometimes think is 玉树临风 飞来艳福, mana know is actually 祸从天降, 破财破财!!![:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 3

some ppl heart get softer as they age.

but alot of old man as they get older, their teeth become harder then steel. and they become more and more stubbon.

😶

• Haha! 5

On 7/10/2023 at 10:08 PM, Tianmo said:

In here, i believe no one dare declare they more lao tiko than me, but even this lao tiko king also never kena such thing. 

Really takes an extraordinary lao tiko for the job, but i respect your courage ( to even come forward with the true) and self confident ( that the ah tiong bus approached you because you look friendly, easy and yan dao).   [:p][laugh][laugh]  

Si gin nah! Look kum gong say kum gong lah .... What friendly, easy and yan dao? Oh wait .... yan dao is correct, you are rrrrright 😂 🤣 👍

• Haha! 1

On 7/10/2023 at 10:13 PM, 13177 said:

They ran away but come back to the same spot and continue asking for money few days later. 😅

You are right! That's why today caught red-handed. 

On 7/10/2023 at 10:08 PM, Tianmo said:

He complained here maybe becos he hoped to be 骗财骗色,but only kena 骗财.... 

• Haha! 4

On 7/10/2023 at 10:34 PM, inlinesix said:

Hopefully it is this caliber

This type is not 请吃饭...it is 乐炒饭... 😁

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

On 7/10/2023 at 10:34 PM, inlinesix said:

Hopefully it is this caliber

this type no lack of food lah. Need to come out and ask for free food ones, is Lao mei mei liao, even lao tiko like me also will tell them, 我也好几天没吃饭了!!![laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2