[Official] 2024 4th Generation Toyota Alphard & Vellfire

Carbon82

The MPV look gigantic in size (5 mm shy of 5 m from end to end), and finally available in 2.4L Turbo, producing a healthy 275 horsepower and 430 NM. 

2024-toyota-alphard-and-vellfire.jpg

01_o.jpg

02_o.jpg

04_o.jpg

05_o.jpg

06_o.jpg

41_o.jpg

42_o.jpg

43_o.jpg

44_o.jpg

45_o.jpg

46_o.jpg

Toyota has unveiled the fourth-generation Alphard alongside the Vellfire. These follow the recently introduced posh Lexus LM, a mechanically related vehicle based on the same TNGA-K platform. The twin are the first Toyota models to have steps on both left and right sliding doors, with a step emerging about 220 millimeters above ground.

The boxy minivans are 4995 mm long and share a massive wheelbase stretching at 3000 mm. Both are 1850 mm wide while height depends on the model and trim level, either 1935 mm or 1945 mm. The Alphard and Vellfire can seat up to six people in a 2+2+2 layout with second-row captain's chairs. There's now an extra 5 mm between the first two rows and an additional 10 mm between the second and third rows.

Both can be had with front- or all-wheel drive as well as a hybrid powertrain, with a plug-in hybrid setup to be added later. The most powerful of the bunch is a turbocharged 2.4-liter, four-cylinder engine available in the Vellfire. "Tuned to deliver a sporty sound," it makes 275 hp (205 kilowatts) and 430 Newton-meters of torque.

Customers can also pick a hybrid based on a 2.5-liter gasoline engine with a combined output of 250 hp (184 kW). Lesser Alphard models have a non-electrified, naturally aspirated 2.5-liter, four-cylinder unit with 180 hp (134 kW) and 235 NM. Depending on the engine, the minivans come with a CVT, an e-CVT, or an eight-speed automatic.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 12

All the MPV designers have the same problem.

How to make a box stylish.

Add creases especially to the waist line.

:D

(edited)

To me this kind of car is to sit as passenger and enjoy like a boss. I can't imagine any joy driving such a clunky car (although my son keep asking why I never buy one)

"Tuned to deliver a sporty sound"

Sporty MPV sounds like an oxymoron.

😂😂😂

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

On 6/22/2023 at 5:33 PM, Jellandross said:

To me this kind of car is to sit as passenger and enjoy like a boss. I can't imagine any joy driving such a clunky car (although my son keep asking why I never buy one)

😂😂😂

This should be those fake sporty exhaust sound piped thru the speakers 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

(edited)
On 6/22/2023 at 5:33 PM, Jellandross said:

😂😂😂

Jeremy Clarkson once said that the moment someone buys an MPV, he is declaring the end of his love for any form of motorsports.

Edited by Davidklt
  • Haha! 3

The new Alphard look quite similar to the 3rd gen, but vastly different inside out from the new Lexus LM, which it share the platform and chassis with. So potential owner will not be able to do a simple badge engineering to "upgrade" their ride to the L brand. :D

Toyota-Alphard-2.webp

2024-lexus-lm.jpg

2024-toyota-vellfire.jpg

2024-lexus-lm.jpg

• Praise 6

Turbocharged
On 6/22/2023 at 8:45 AM, Fat_slayer said:

The front like Hyundai Tuscon.... 😄

The grill design look more like from the Starex, which I took for my Malaysia trip.

01_o.jpg

hyundai-grand-starex-royale-front-angle-

• Praise 3

(edited)

The worse vehicle blocking your view in front when it is driving on lane 1 one expressway.

Main point: The new model of Veilfire and Alphard don't have obvious differences. Current model Veilfire has a double-deck headlights and a sleeker front nose.

Edited by Heartbreakid

On 6/23/2023 at 7:05 PM, Heartbreakid said:

The worse vehicle blocking your view in front when it is driving on lane 1 one expressway.

Main point: The new model of Veilfire and Alphard don't have obvious differences. Current model Veilfire has a double-deck headlights and a sleeker front nose.

Like it or not, Alphard and Vellfire are the new status symbols of the rich especially when chauffer driven (you likely to find a few along a stretch of landed house / CGB), some even have more than 1 in their compound), and it will be more common (to be driving behind one on every other day) in time to come.

The new Vellfire still have split headlights layout, just that it is less obvious, whereas the new Alphard's spilt lights are well concealed by the gigantic grill spanning across it front facade. 

2024-toyota-vellfire.jpg

2024-toyota-alphard.jpg

• Praise 4

On 6/23/2023 at 8:35 PM, Carbon82 said:

Like it or not, Alphard and Vellfire are the new status symbols of the rich especially when chauffer driven (you likely to find a few along a stretch of landed house / CGB), some even have more than 1 in their compound), and it will be more common (to be driving behind one on every other day) in time to come.

The new Vellfire still have split headlights layout, just that it is less obvious, whereas the new Alphard's spilt lights are well concealed by the gigantic grill spanning across it front facade. 

2024-toyota-vellfire.jpg

2024-toyota-alphard.jpg

Ya, it is less obvious. The main headlights look identical for both model now. 

Just received today, but no idea which dealer. 

Alphard 2.5 Z Petrol 

$272988 No Coe

Alphard 2.5 Z Hybrid 
$272988 No Coe 

Alphard 2.5 Hybrid Executive Lounge 
$401988 No Coe 

Vellfire 2.4 Turbo Premium 
$285988 No Coe 

Vellfire 2.5 Z Hybrid Premium
$285988 No Coe 

Vellfire 2.5 Hybrid Executive Lounge 
$438988 No Coe