70mai Omni (X200)

Wormee

(edited)

Hi guys,

Searched and there isn't any topics for discussion on 70mai dashcam. What do you think of this new camera from 70mai?

https://70mai.store/products/omni

It was first launch with kickstarter IIRC to retailing now. Reached our shores not long ago and in Singapore, it supports 4G hardwire kit. Not many people have bought it though as I want to look at reviews from buyers from official channels such as Shopee, Lazada, etc. 

Unique features which are different from others are 360 degree rotating view, voice commands for selfie/vlogs and advance ADAS (including pedestrains and motorcycle detections wor). 

I'm not promoting this but in fact looking at it to replace my "free" Korean brand cheapo dashcam provided by the PI. But the cons for this Omni is no rear camera support. I think rear camera is needed as I have been rear-ended twice and both were not my fault. Claims from 3rd party was done very smoothly.

70mai Singapore mentioned can look at installing the 70mai 1S on the rear.

I have a small battery pack that is hooked up on my current dashcam for 24/7 monitoring but to runs out of juice sometimes if I have parked at a location with many cars driving past capturing lots of events. My intention for 24/7 monitoring is for situation where car is being hit-and-run especially in car parks and there are many idiots out there nowadays (no pun intended). 

My possible options are:

1. Buy a Omni for the front (and hook it up to my battery pack) and install a 1S for the rear to record during drive only (for rear-ended case, choy choy choy); or

2. Option 1 and install another battery pack for the rear camera. Not sure if both packs can be charged sufficiently as sometimes my drive could not charge up even my current one to full 100%; or

3. Stick to current dashcam or get the 70mai A800s with dual channel but lose the features of Omni. 😛

Advices and ideas are welcome. 70mai users or potential buyers can discuss and provide reviews here also. 🙂

Cheers!

Edited by Wormee
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

I bought a viofo a119v3 recently from aliexpress to replace my xiaomi one. Was considering 70mai. 

My home parking is outdoors unsheltered and I think all 70mai don't use capacitors, instead using battery. So capacitors more likely to survive the heat. 

Dont have battery pack or rear camera cable. But my car is 8.5 years already. So not going to bother doing up a cable to the back. 

Turbocharged

Please excuse my noob question, but can it automatically swivel camera to source of sound for recording when on sentry mode?    😁

• Haha! 3

On 5/3/2023 at 1:14 PM, Didu said:

Please excuse my noob question, but can it automatically swivel camera to source of sound for recording when on sentry mode?    😁

All in the name of security to beo xmm issit? 😁

tenor.gif

security-camera.gif

• Haha! 5

Internal Moderator
On 5/3/2023 at 1:14 PM, Didu said:

maybe not now, wait for firmware update. now i think is motion detection to trigger the camera. 

• Praise 3
  • Sad 1

On 5/3/2023 at 12:43 PM, Lala81 said:

I bought a viofo a119v3 recently from aliexpress to replace my xiaomi one. Was considering 70mai. 

My home parking is outdoors unsheltered and I think all 70mai don't use capacitors, instead using battery. So capacitors more likely to survive the heat. 

Dont have battery pack or rear camera cable. But my car is 8.5 years already. So not going to bother doing up a cable to the back. 

Hey you are right. What I read 70mai cameras are using battery instead of capacitors. Not sure if this is a concern as my car is also parked under the sun at workplace. Haven't heard of cases or from owners that 70mai camera goes kaput or jibaboom under the hot sun though. 

(edited)
On 5/3/2023 at 1:53 PM, kobayashiGT said:

maybe not now, wait for firmware update. now i think is motion detection to trigger the camera. 

Yes, it uses AI tech to turn the camera if there are suspicious activities and records them. Not as high tech as Tesla though but maybe installing 4 of them (on each side of the car) will do as good as a Tesla haha!

Edited by Wormee
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 5/3/2023 at 2:39 PM, Wormee said:

Hey you are right. What I read 70mai cameras are using battery instead of capacitors. Not sure if this is a concern as my car is also parked under the sun at workplace. Haven't heard of cases or from owners that 70mai camera goes kaput or jibaboom under the hot sun though. 

from what i read, they wont go kaboom but have shortened lifespan due to the heat. 

But anyway if u want video surveillance of parking footage, then i think it's fine. U already have a lithium ion/FePo4 battery anyway lol. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 5/3/2023 at 11:42 AM, Wormee said:

Hi guys,

Searched and there isn't any topics for discussion on 70mai dashcam. What do you think of this new camera from 70mai?

It was first launch with kickstarter IIRC to retailing now. Reached our shores not long ago and in Singapore, it supports 4G hardwire kit. Not many people have bought it though as I want to look at reviews from buyers from official channels such as Shopee, Lazada, etc. 

Unique features which are different from others are 360 degree rotating view, voice commands for selfie/vlogs and advance ADAS (including pedestrains and motorcycle detections wor). 

I'm not promoting this but in fact looking at it to replace my "free" Korean brand cheapo dashcam provided by the PI. But the cons for this Omni is no rear camera support. I think rear camera is needed as I have been rear-ended twice and both were not my fault. Claims from 3rd party was done very smoothly.

I have a small battery pack that is hooked up on my current dashcam for 24/7 monitoring but to runs out of juice sometimes if I have parked at a location with many cars driving past capturing lots of events. My intention for 24/7 monitoring is for situation where car is being hit-and-run especially in car parks and there are many idiots out there nowadays (no pun intended). 

My possible options are:

1. Buy a Omni for the front (and hook it up to my battery pack) and install a 1S for the rear to record during drive only (for rear-ended case, choy choy choy); or

2. Option 1 and install another battery pack for the rear camera. Not sure if both packs can be charged sufficiently as sometimes my drive could not charge up even my current one to full 100%; or

3. Stick to current dashcam or get the 70mai A800s with dual channel but lose the features of Omni. 😛

Advices and ideas are welcome. 70mai users or potential buyers can discuss and provide reviews here also. 🙂

Cheers!

Bear in mind that for the 70mai Omni, offloading/downloading of any video is to be done either through the app via wifi or detach the whole unit and connect to your computer, as it is using internal memory instead of micro sd card. 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
On 5/3/2023 at 2:41 PM, Wormee said:

Yes, it uses AI tech to turn the camera if there are suspicious activities and records them. Not as high tech as Tesla though but maybe installing 4 of them (on each side of the car) will do as good as a Tesla haha!

Singapore quite safe lah. Plus our gahmen install camera everywhere. hahaha. No scare lah. 

Unless you wanna catch ppl hanky panky. 😂

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
On 5/3/2023 at 4:26 PM, kobayashiGT said:

Singapore quite safe lah. Plus our gahmen install camera everywhere. hahaha. No scare lah. 

The camera not bad at all leh!! Can rotate around to follow the action leh! :😁

• Praise 3

On 5/3/2023 at 4:26 PM, kobayashiGT said:

Singapore safe meh? So many hit-and-run cases, jaywalking until you cannot see them in your blindspot, and lastly the king of the road "cyclists"! 

Having a dashcam is like having a condom or buying insurance. I rather have it ready and not use it, than I want to use it and does not have one. Lol 

• Praise 4

Internal Moderator
On 5/3/2023 at 4:36 PM, Wormee said:

Singapore safe meh? So many hit-and-run cases, jaywalking until you cannot see them in your blindspot, and lastly the king of the road "cyclists"! 

Having a dashcam is like having a condom or buying insurance. I rather have it ready and not use it, than I want to use it and does not have one. Lol 

no lah. i am talking about the usage of omni for interior use... 

no bulgary one mah. 

• Haha! 3

Just switched to A800S 2CH this year. Sometimes I feel it is too high res, to the point the reflection image on windscreen is so detailed that it affects the recording footage...if you know what I mean...

The set is also very hot when it's in operation, more so than my previous BV, but I heard it's normal. So far no issues though.

Also, unless you connect with their 70mai proprietary cable, you cannot activate parking mode. I reused my BV power magic using voltage cutoff, but it can only continuously record instead of gg into parking mode.

• Praise 4

Will it capture ownself hankpanky?

During the humping action it will rock the car like crazy. Will the camera scan 360 to look for what's causing the car to rock violently?

Does it sound out, "stop stop stop" or "no no no"?

• Haha! 6

Turbocharged
On 5/4/2023 at 10:08 AM, Watwheels said:

Will it capture ownself hankpanky?

During the humping action it will rock the car like crazy. Will the camera scan 360 to look for what's causing the car to rock violently?

Does it sound out, "stop stop stop" or "no no no"?

Well according to its website:

"...When the Omni detects a hit during parking, it immediately identifies the direction of the impact, and turns toward that direction to record. So not only will it capture evidence of what happens in front, but also behind and on both sides of the car.."

So i think if you set the sensitivity to High, the camera (if front mounted) probably will turn around and face the vehicle interior and record whatever... 😅

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
On 5/3/2023 at 11:42 AM, Wormee said:

Hi guys,

My possible options are:

Cheers!

@Wormee I'm curious about your mentioned battery pack. Is it a dashcam-dedicated type of battery pack or powerbank-type of battery pack? If it is the former, what's the brand/model and capacity (in watt-hours)? 

↡ Advertisement