Robots can't totally solve manpower issue at times

Windwaver

The robot in this scenario is only as smart as the human/s who created it.

"Robots can't totally solve manpower issue at times" or "Some humans can't make robots that work"

• Haha! 1

I remember there's one such robotic one at PS...waited like 5mins to get my order thru...another 3 for it to make and dispense...i nearly discard it after 2 sips...sent to McD and asked for some sugar...by comparison...McD landed one tastes much betterer...😂

Twincharged

This one is a local implantation. Zero feedback and sensors. Just program the arm only. Just to get funding. And haolian to say it works

• Haha! 4

I'm still waiting for the day for robots to fully prepare and chop up whole fresh chicken for my chicken rice. Till then I wld say the world can be fully automated.

• Haha! 1

On 4/30/2023 at 12:19 PM, badlammy said:

I'm still waiting for the day for robots to fully prepare and chop up whole fresh chicken for my chicken rice. Till then I wld say the world can be fully automated.

Your chicken rice might be $15.

Supercharged
On 4/29/2023 at 10:39 PM, Windwaver said:

:XD:

The next one will have camera with AI image recognition. If it sees any item not in its right place, it will stop and then feedback to the arm to make adjustment on the item.

This robot should go for an upgrade.

Edited by Starry
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged

Even the most high tech robot need support from trained technicians for periodic maintenance and engineers for more complex troubleshooting.

Worked in manufacturing years ago, and had fair share of repairing and calibrating the pick n place robots.

It's those non technical people who think the world of AI and robots [laugh] , spin stories to draw investments. Break down and permanent stop is a matter of time without the supporting humans.

• Praise 3

Supercharged

Was in JB last month and some restaurants like Oldtown are already using robot servers.  Very cute looking and the camera is below so that it can see any objects (even short ones) blocking its path.

And yet the food prices is still far lower than SG.

• Haha! 1

On 4/30/2023 at 4:55 PM, Starry said:

Was in JB last month and some restaurants like Oldtown are already using robot servers.  Very cute looking and the camera is below so that it can see any objects (even short ones) blocking its path.

And yet the food prices is still far lower than SG.

Swee Choon also got

↡ Advertisement