3 surprising upcoming changes that may affect property prices and en-bloc in 2023.

kobayashiGT

Supersonic
On 4/25/2023 at 8:59 AM, kobayashiGT said:

So i own half of the wall of my property now? 😆

Yea. Can ask for 50% diskaun 

• Haha! 2

Everytime the govt releases new methods, the units kept on getting smaller and smaller.

Last time big balconies and bay windows are given, even though hard to use, people still engage ID to make full use of it.

Then the government came in to charge for the balconies and bay windows as well, thinking now the developers will have made bigger units without the fancy balconies and bay windows since now all charged the same, but no, the developers do away with the bay windows and shrunk the whole room sizes instead. Now most condo rooms can barely put in a single bed.

Same like the balconies and planters, last time still can cover up the planters (not permanently of course) and make use of a bigger balcony for al fresco dining, after charging the developers, now the balconies really can be used as a laundry / storage area only.

I have issues staying in a 90sqm unit last time, and people are still happily "upgrading" to stay in 50sqm units with family.

Hopefully with the new rules, the developers dun make aircon ledges that are "just enough" for the compressors and the air con maintenance crew gotta tie safety harnesses to access the aircons.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

Speaking of SCDF fire safety requirements. Can a housing building (HDB or condo) only to have one staircase exit? Or it is mandatory for housing building to have 2 staircase exit?

• Haha! 1

Its not developer want to make smaller units.

Its because people want to buy smaller units.

Empty nesters kids move out, people getting divorced, young married couple can only afford a small place as a first home.

Unlike all the rich full cash people here my first place so hard to scrap the deposit and reno budget and buy all the furniture and electrical items.

:D

This is all we had

image.png.a0a53ae71506bcef2f135ce8a9c08920.png

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

On 4/25/2023 at 10:16 AM, Silverkris said:

Everytime the govt releases new methods, the units kept on getting smaller and smaller.

Last time big balconies and bay windows are given, even though hard to use, people still engage ID to make full use of it.

Then the government came in to charge for the balconies and bay windows as well, thinking now the developers will have made bigger units without the fancy balconies and bay windows since now all charged the same, but no, the developers do away with the bay windows and shrunk the whole room sizes instead. Now most condo rooms can barely put in a single bed.

Same like the balconies and planters, last time still can cover up the planters (not permanently of course) and make use of a bigger balcony for al fresco dining, after charging the developers, now the balconies really can be used as a laundry / storage area only.

I have issues staying in a 90sqm unit last time, and people are still happily "upgrading" to stay in 50sqm units with family.

Hopefully with the new rules, the developers dun make aircon ledges that are "just enough" for the compressors and the air con maintenance crew gotta tie safety harnesses to access the aircons.

Are you looking down on people who upgrade to 50sqm condos?  Hhhppphhhmmpp, how could you!  Muayhahaha

• Haha! 2

Supersonic

Developers had over a decade n a half to profit from these loopholes. If anything, the authorities hv been slow stepping in

Maciam someone bid for motorbike COE n use it to register Cat B instead n getting away w it….

• Praise 1

Supercharged
On 4/25/2023 at 10:31 AM, 13177 said:

Speaking of SCDF fire safety requirements. Can a housing building (HDB or condo) only to have one staircase exit? Or it is mandatory for housing building to have 2 staircase exit?

That's why HDB stopped building point blocks.

On 4/25/2023 at 10:42 AM, Throttle2 said:

Are you looking down on people who upgrade to 50sqm condos?  Hhhppphhhmmpp, how could you!  Muayhahaha

Definitely not looking down, even 50sqm costs upwards of 1.5M now, just that I dun understand the logic behind it at all, how to stay comfortably in such spaces?

Shoe box really tiny, maybe stay awhile as rental ok but long term quite stressful :XD:

• Praise 1

On 4/25/2023 at 11:59 AM, Silverkris said:

Definitely not looking down, even 50sqm costs upwards of 1.5M now, just that I dun understand the logic behind it at all, how to stay comfortably in such spaces?

Cannot be comfortable lor. 
But can claim to upgrade and stay in condo mah. Thats priceless

sinkies are all about that. 
f**king lame

Supercharged
On 4/25/2023 at 11:59 AM, Silverkris said:

Quite comfortable for a single or a couple without kids. I went to a friend's new condo, 1-bedder, pretty nice. He is single and he hardly even use the living room  (didn't even buy sofa) cos he is working or playing video games in his room all the time.😆

There are many couples without kids thesedays, and such unit serves them well.  Less to maintain/repair which means less stress also. 

• Haha! 1

On 4/25/2023 at 1:02 PM, Starry said:

Quite comfortable for a single or a couple without kids. I went to a friend's new condo, 1-bedder, pretty nice. He is single and he hardly even use the living room  (didn't even buy sofa) cos he is working or playing video games in his room all the time.😆

There are many couples without kids thesedays, and such unit serves them well.  Less to maintain/repair which means less stress also. 

50sqm or 1 bedder not bad for single but not say very comfortable. Then for couple even without kids, i find a bit small. I still find if afforable, no matter single or couple without kids, buy a 2 bedder for private or 3 room flat for HDB is the best, size at least around 65sqm. More comfortable and spacious. Cause anything happen, like during covid pandemic, quarrel, WFH etc, still have an extra room to go and larger space to get some own private time. 1 bedder too small liao.

Internal Moderator
On 4/25/2023 at 11:50 AM, Kklim said:

That's why HDB stopped building point blocks.

One blk only can house 4 household, now HDB design one blk can house, 4rm, 3rm, 2rm together. Must be cohesive. Must have kampong spirit. 

That's what they said. 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1