[Official] 2024 Mini Cooper

Carbon82

On 4/13/2023 at 9:16 AM, Spidey10 said:

M2 in sheep clothing..:yeah-im-not-drunk:

Thinking of getting the 2 door version once my car expires....kids all grown, they can get their own ride, and this is for wifey and me go pak to..:yeah-im-not-drunk:

Fry cry from BMW M2,maybe M240i.

• Praise 1

On 4/13/2023 at 10:15 AM, Hamburger said:

Countryman appeals to me too but the lack of modern features was a no go for me. Eg. 360deg camera, cross traffic alert....

On 4/13/2023 at 8:08 PM, Hamburger said:

The nostalgic feel of the MiNi is all but gone in this 2024 model.

Such a small car. No need 360 & cross traffic alert.

Nostalgic feeling gone since F56.

A lot of switches from BMW part bin

On 4/13/2023 at 9:16 AM, Spidey10 said:

M2 in sheep clothing..:yeah-im-not-drunk:

Thinking of getting the 2 door version once my car expires....kids all grown, they can get their own ride, and this is for wifey and me go pak to..:yeah-im-not-drunk:

You can forget about it especially 2dr.

The door for coupe is very long. Need to squeeze yourself into it.

In addition, suspension very stiff.

Most ole ppl back cannot take it.

• Haha! 2

On 4/13/2023 at 7:42 PM, ER-3682 said:

Fry cry from BMW M2,maybe M240i.

Depends.

300hp in a 1.3 tonne can beat a lot of cars.

Not forgetting that both of its axles are far forward or backward.

It is best combi to eat corner like tofu

• Haha! 1

On 4/12/2023 at 9:46 PM, Krieger said:

@inlinesix to be frank, i find it a rather brutal car. Looks antique but bloody fast. The image n the raw power just..well..i do not how to describle...but some how i get addicted to it...

I have never thought of buying a mini as it seems well...too small for me until i tried the countrybman. Its rather spacious n the build n quality is good!

Countryman cooper S 0 to 100km/h is 7sec+. Like many other German 2.0L turbo.

I drove my friend one once, pick up very similar to my XT.

It is the engine as the older BMW X3 Sdrive, 320i or 520i.

• Haha! 1

On 4/12/2023 at 8:47 PM, inlinesix said:

If your friend's car is Countryman All4, it is crazily fast with 300hp pulling 2 tonne car.

Otherwise, it is 180hp.

The all4 is a bit laggy in town .. need the car to be at 120 for the car to cruise 

• Praise 1

On 4/13/2023 at 8:44 PM, inlinesix said:

You can forget about it especially 2dr.

The door for coupe is very long. Need to squeeze yourself into it.

In addition, suspension very stiff.

Most ole ppl back cannot take it.

oh yes yes...in and out is important for old goat like me...but i waana experience driving a 2 door car for once in my lifetime before kicking the bucket...:yeah-im-not-drunk:

• Haha! 2

On 4/13/2023 at 8:55 PM, Tohto said:

Countryman cooper S 0 to 100km/h is 7sec+. Like many other German 2.0L turbo.

I drove my friend one once, pick up very similar to my XT.

It is the engine as the older BMW X3 Sdrive, 320i or 520i.

Most taxi now doing 8.5 secs .. 

• Haha! 2

Neutral Newbie

@inlinesix the basic cost for countryman E is $150k only but selling at $230k. Crazy margin. Will be tempted to get one if not for the price. 

• Haha! 2

Twincharged
On 8/29/2024 at 10:17 AM, P0711142 said:

@inlinesix the basic cost for countryman E is $150k only but selling at $230k. Crazy margin. Will be tempted to get one if not for the price. 

EuroKars Buildings/Investments costed alot of Money...need to have good Profit.

• Haha! 1

On 9/3/2024 at 9:17 AM, ER-3682 said:

EuroKars Buildings/Investments costed alot of Money...need to have good Profit.

Part of the margin goes to BMW Asia

• Haha! 1

(edited)
On 8/29/2024 at 10:17 AM, P0711142 said:

Mentioned a few times before that we outsiders use OMV as a baseline to calculate basic cost is not always true. Actual transfer price from manufacturer to Eurokars is usually higher than OMV stated, so the actual margin per car for AD is lesser. But, I will stop at here as a few who don't know any better always like to argue back on this point, which is a fact one will not know unless you are in the trade, or you know someone from the ADs. 

Bottom line is, all ADs exist to make $$$. But smaller cars like Countryman E's raw margins are definitely not $80k per unit. If its 7 series or S-Class, probably. 

@inlinesix will know what I'm talking about. The invoicing from principal to distributor, and what importer (principal) declares to customs as OMV is the key. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
On 9/3/2024 at 11:47 AM, Lethalstrike said:

Mentioned a few times before that we outsiders use OMV as a baseline to calculate basic cost is not always true. Actual transfer price from manufacturer to Eurokars is usually higher than OMV stated, so the actual margin per car for AD is lesser. But, I will stop at here as a few who don't know any better always like to argue back on this point, which is a fact one will not know unless you are in the trade, or you know someone from the ADs. 

Bottom line is, all ADs exist to make $$$. But smaller cars like Countryman E's raw margins are definitely not $80k per unit. If its 7 series or S-Class, probably. 

@inlinesix will know what I'm talking about. The invoicing from principal to distributor, and what importer (principal) declares to customs as OMV is the key. 

If that’s true, IRAS will be very keen to speak to u on Tax evasion by the dealer instead of tax avoidance aka 99-1 .lol

• Haha! 1

(edited)
On 9/6/2024 at 10:07 AM, Sdf4786k said:

If that’s true, IRAS will be very keen to speak to u on Tax evasion by the dealer instead of tax avoidance aka 99-1 .lol

As expected, usually people will say tax evasion. 🤣

OMV in its definition is its price paid or declared when an importer imports the car into Singapore. In the case of MINI, the importer is the manufacturer (principal) aka BMW Asia or MINI Asia Pte Ltd. 

As importer, MINI Asia Pte Ltd declares to SG customs this car is $X. $X is thus the OMV everyone can see. MINI Asia pays the excise tax and GST. At this point, there should already be no tax evasion accusation here.

As example, MINI Asia Pte Ltd sell to Eurokars Pte Ltd as $X + $10k. This becomes transfer price between a business to a business, and $10k is assume to be the margin MINI Asia makes per car by selling to its distributor, Eurokars here in Singapore. At this point, it should be clear that OMV we see is not the actual purchase price from their principal. SG customs has no jurisdiction to say and decide on the profit margins between businesses. 

However, if the same model suddenly has very huge fluctuations in OMV, SG customs will ask MINI Asia Pte Ltd to justify and explain why. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
↡ Advertisement