34% more potholes detected on Singapore roads in first 2 months of 2023

Blueray

Hypersonic
On 12/31/2023 at 8:17 PM, Volvobrick said:

D10 is very big. Some not atas enough. Go take a drive along Nassim. Never knew Singapore has such nice road.... 

I go to Nassim because of the Jap embassy. So what is nice about this road ar?

↡ Advertisement

4th Gear

The road outside Tessarina/Maplewoods towards KAP direction, I really hate the drain covers which are located right where your wheels are. It's so caved in. I would  swerve every time I pass by. But no one bothers to report.

• Haha! 1

On 1/2/2024 at 12:20 AM, 107fan said:

The road outside Tessarina/Maplewoods towards KAP direction, I really hate the drain covers which are located right where your wheels are. It's so caved in. I would  swerve every time I pass by. But no one bothers to report.

Left of the divider? ie the parallel road serving the condo? Never noticed any rain cover when driving along on any of the 3 lanes astride the canal.

4th Gear
On 1/2/2024 at 12:28 AM, Volvobrick said:

Left of the divider? ie the parallel road serving the condo? Never noticed any rain cover when driving along on any of the 3 lanes astride the canal.

Nope, right of the divider, the immediate lane. There is a drain cover that is very sunken in.

I might just submit a report myself soon...

• Praise 1

On 1/2/2024 at 2:27 AM, 107fan said:

Nope, right of the divider, the immediate lane. There is a drain cover that is very sunken in.

I might just submit a report myself soon...

OK gonna avoid lane 3!

Hypersonic
On 1/1/2024 at 11:20 PM, 107fan said:

Speaking of drain covers caved in, i noticed majority of the drain covers on the road is caved in and located right where your wheels are. I don't know why LTA could allow that to happen on our roads.

Hypersonic
On 1/25/2024 at 4:14 PM, Blueray said:

后港路面惊现大坑洞 送餐员撞洞摔伤

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/news/singapore/story20240125-1464247

image.png.655909a1959e060d925710b50db5fd12.png

LTA would reply and tell you due to rainy weather, it is unavoidable to find potholes on the road. They would try to mend the potholes, but potholes would still reappear very fast. 🙄 So if you 'drop' into the potholes, too bad for you. 😅

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic

Other country repair pot hole. After repair. The surface is smooth.

We repair pot hole. After repair. The hole become a bump 😒

• Haha! 5

Hypersonic
On 1/25/2024 at 4:21 PM, Daniu82 said:

Opposition place, slower to respond is it? 

LTA busy with simply gostan PR management. boh eng with potholes [sly]

• Haha! 1

(edited)
On 1/25/2024 at 4:39 PM, Beregond said:

Other country repair pot hole. After repair. The surface is smooth.

We repair pot hole. After repair. The hole become a bump 😒

Made allowance for further sinking mah...if not have to cum back...😂

Edited by mersaylee
  • Haha! 6

Twincharged
(edited)
On 1/25/2024 at 4:21 PM, Daniu82 said:

Opposition place, slower to respond is it? 

Anybody got W.P. Mr P.Singh's Number.?

Edited by ER-3682

On 1/25/2024 at 4:34 PM, 13177 said:

Speaking of drain covers caved in, i noticed majority of the drain covers on the road is caved in and located right where your wheels are. I don't know why LTA could allow that to happen on our roads.

I know what you mean

It's so damn moronic right? Like of all places you could put a drain cover, you put it right at the WHEEL POSITION. Put in the middle of the lane la, that way no wheels would go over!

They will probably tell you, maybe the drain/pipe opening is fixed so no choice must put the cover there. Zzz

• Praise 2

On 1/26/2024 at 8:17 AM, Watwheels said:

Looks like it's been gone thru patching before. Challenging weather lah. No chance to dry and it kept raining.

Learn to blame weather.

Initially I question the skills of the workers if they know what the hell they are doing. I mean patching a pothole isnt really a high difficult piece of engineering right?

But I feel the fault should lie with the local contractors that LTA engages. Shoddy work, and poor supervision/QC. Our roads are really getting from bad to worse and incompetence isnt penalised!

• Praise 3

On 1/26/2024 at 8:17 AM, Watwheels said:

Looks like it's been gone thru patching before. Challenging weather lah. No chance to dry and it kept raining.

Learn to blame weather.

Not really weather.

Since the work order had been issued, it needed to be completed by a certain date.

Rain or shine, just patch lo.

There is perpetual a giant pothole in front of Esso Jln Buroh.

It will be a pothole 3 months after it had been patched 

Hypersonic
On 1/27/2024 at 12:30 AM, 107fan said:

I know what you mean

It's so damn moronic right? Like of all places you could put a drain cover, you put it right at the WHEEL POSITION. Put in the middle of the lane la, that way no wheels would go over!

They will probably tell you, maybe the drain/pipe opening is fixed so no choice must put the cover there. Zzz

Precisely lo, i noticed there are tons of drain cover on the road and all of them cave in. And some even cave in badly and when your wheels go over it, like your wheel bearing would get spoilt instantly esp if you are on high speed. I do not know why they never check that the drain cover is done properly and aligned with the road and not cave in?

Some like when they do patch on the road, surely will patch a hump on the road. When cars go over it, super irritating.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2