34% more potholes detected on Singapore roads in first 2 months of 2023

Blueray

Supercharged
(edited)

The report should really angled towards the poor workmanship of the contractor here and as a result of rain, you get potholes. 

Also, it does not help that there seems to be poor coordination among agencies when it comes to work that requires digging up the road. The road around my area, one week, you can have Singtel digging up the entire stretch for laying of cables. Next week, the entire stretch gets repaved. Then two weeks later, another company starts digging the same spot again. 

It is like constant digging and repaving. 

Edited by Gizmore
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 2

Twincharged
On 4/9/2023 at 1:41 PM, Gizmore said:

The report should really angled towards the poor workmanship of the contractor here and as a result of rain, you get potholes. 

Also, it does not help that there seems to be poor coordination among agencies when it comes to work that requires digging up the road. The road around my area, one week, you can have Singtel digging up the entire stretch for laying of cables. Next week, the entire stretch gets repaved. Then two weeks later, another company starts digging the same spot again. 

It is like constant digging and repaving. 

Not only your Area,it is the Whole Singapore,none of our Roads are smooth anymore.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 4/9/2023 at 9:59 AM, Tianmo said:

Recently we acquired a factory in Tuas South, and I have to go there twice a week to show face and settle in with the cross over  staffs. Prior to this I hardly drive to tuas area, but this is really an experience,  in term of traffic and road conditions.  

Potholes? They seem like a requirement on the roads there, every road must have, and they never get fix. I even named a few of them. -_-[laugh][laugh]

besides pothole, Tuas roads also full of nails

if you drive there 5 days a week, you will get one every 2~3 months

• Shocked 3
  • Sad 1

On 4/9/2023 at 11:00 AM, Tianmo said:

But to be fair, I don't see too many potholes in other areas. Residential areas usually don't see too many, and usually they get fixed. ^_^[laugh][laugh]

I guess areas with alot of  heavy vehicles moving cannot avoid potholes. Is really a different experience driving around tuas South area.  The amount of heavy vehicles beats PHVs hands down, sometimes I cannot even see my front back left right, just moving forward blindly. Want change lane also scary.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Some residential areas also can be bad, eg Sixth Ave from Holland Road to Bukit Timah Road. Bumpy until g string drop ah. [laugh]

• Haha! 3

On 4/9/2023 at 3:52 PM, Blueray said:

Some residential areas also can be bad, eg Sixth Ave from Holland Road to Bukit Timah Road. Bumpy until g string drop ah. [laugh]

Your G-string very loose huh?

• Haha! 4

On 4/9/2023 at 3:16 PM, Gnahp said:

Screenshot_20230409_164632_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9c28c3af0fbca22ac93c1cd9cd08edf0.jpg

• Haha! 1

On 4/9/2023 at 3:52 PM, Blueray said:

Hmmmmmmm, you drive standing? How g string drop when you sitting? But I no sexy enough to wear g string, so I also no know how g string drop. 

Anyway, that area rich man district,  poor man hardly got chance to go there, so I also no know how the road conditions.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

On 4/9/2023 at 9:59 AM, Tianmo said:

Recently we acquired a factory in Tuas South, and I have to go there twice a week to show face and settle in with the cross over  staffs. Prior to this I hardly drive to tuas area, but this is really an experience,  in term of traffic and road conditions.  

Potholes? They seem like a requirement on the roads there, every road must have, and they never get fix. I even named a few of them. -_-[laugh][laugh]

West side a bit inevitable given the kind of traffic they see. Mostly heavy vehicles, which puts a great load on the roads.

Bo pian lor.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

All  these potholes will slowly destroy the upper and lower arms of the suspension,  assuming the shock absorber can still take it. 

And then when one arm spoil, you need to change both side.  Bloody expensive fix.

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/9/2023 at 7:44 PM, Starry said:

All  these potholes will slowly destroy the upper and lower arms of the suspension,  assuming the shock absorber can still take it. 

And then when one arm spoil, you need to change both side.  Bloody expensive fix.

You mean bushing of lower and upper arm huh?

Supercharged
On 4/9/2023 at 8:01 PM, inlinesix said:

You mean bushing of lower and upper arm huh?

Yeap...I know some people just change the bushing if they can find the part, but I usually change the whole arm for a peace of mind.

Hypersonic
On 4/9/2023 at 2:15 PM, Ganwb79 said:

Wheel hit pothole and go dummmp, pothole patch liao become mini hump, wheel go dummmp again. Can't win. 

Ya, many mini hump on the road which make the road bumpy. I do not know why they allowed such patching to pass.

Hypersonic
On 4/9/2023 at 3:16 PM, Gnahp said:

Not only Tuas, jurong area which near to industrial also full of nails. Last time when i work there, always kena nail on tyre. 😅

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 4/9/2023 at 9:07 PM, 13177 said:

Not only Tuas, jurong area which near to industrial also full of nails. Last time when i work there, always kena nail on tyre. 😅

last time I worked in Tampines St 92, behind SAFRA

one month one nail

new tyres a few months later all 4 had at least one nail in it

at the end I gave up

just let it leak and pump tyres weekly

• Shocked 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 4/9/2023 at 9:34 PM, Gnahp said:

last time I worked in Tampines St 92, behind SAFRA

one month one nail

new tyres a few months later all 4 had at least one nail in it

at the end I gave up

just let it leak and pump tyres weekly

How come Tampines that area so many nails? Over there many heavy vehicles?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 4/9/2023 at 9:37 PM, 13177 said:

How come Tampines that area so many nails? Over there many heavy vehicles?

I think those nails are from pallets and wooden crates

large.jpg

IMG_0189.JPG

csm_Loesungen_HH_Verpacker_05_f813dde2ba

On 4/9/2023 at 11:00 AM, Tianmo said:

But to be fair, I don't see too many potholes in other areas. Residential areas usually don't see too many, and usually they get fixed. ^_^[laugh][laugh]

I guess areas with alot of  heavy vehicles moving cannot avoid potholes. Is really a different experience driving around tuas South area.  The amount of heavy vehicles beats PHVs hands down, sometimes I cannot even see my front back left right, just moving forward blindly. Want change lane also scary.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

All of Tuas South area is reclaimed land. After the incinerator plant to the shipyard I think. The reclaimed land is huge. The roads there are dusty if it doesnt rain. Over there want to find smth to eat also difficult which makes potholes some kinda luxury items. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4