Singapore Reckless Drivers Part XIV

RadX

On 4/13/2023 at 11:14 PM, Gizmore said:

I can tell you, insurance SIMPLY DOES NOT CARE A F*** about the traffic police report.

Why? Because I rear ended a motherf***** PHV who break check me. It was clear as daylight, a deliberate brake check. I made a police report. Submitted all videos to insurance and TP.

My damaged was minimum and only required some paint job. There was slight damage to the front grill as well and I found a lot of people selling their original front grill after changing to more stylo ones and can be bought as low as $50. But it is very tedious to remove the grill. I figure workshop will most likely charge a lot for labour, probably more than a second hand grill. So I decided to live with it.

Back to the case. TP completed the investigation. I recd a letter from TP indicating that myself and the other party were charged with Careless Driving. It's like WTF!!!. But there was a second letter indicating that after review, my charge was reduced to just a warning. So I pass all TP letters to insurer. A few months down, I also recd a lawyer letter from the other party claiming against me for a whopping $10k. It includes injury, loss of use, yada yada... Anyway, again, I pass all letters to insurance to handle.

Come renewal, I was informed a hefty loading (2x) due to third-party against me. So I ask why is that so. My broker linked me up with the claims agent. He said that it was a clear rear end. So they process the claims from third party hence the premium loading for next renewal. I was furious. How is it that they proceed to process third party claims when the other party was charged with Careless Driving. I ask the claims agent, if this is clear-cut rear end case, why would TP even bother charging the other party? It doesn't make sense at all. He said he consulted internal lawyer and that from the video, it was against me. Also, the claims agent said I was charged as well. But I reason with him that it was reduced to a warning! So it was clear who is at fault here. 

Back track a bit. So how did the collision happen? PHV was trying into my lane so that he could make a left turn into Hardy road. The thing is, in his lane, he could make a left turn as well. Anyway, when the traffic starts moving, he forcefully cut in and I gave him a good long horn. I was anticipating he to continue moving forward, turning into Hardy Road since the vehicle in front of the PHV has move off. This is when he brake check me and I was caught by surprise and rear-ended the PHV. From the video, it was clear there is nothing to indicate a reason for him to brake to a stop. 

After much reasoning, the claims agent said they will review my case again. After some months, my case was handed over to another claims agent. I call up, spoke to this new claims agent, and again, same story, I rear ended the PHV. Straight forward. Processing the claim and going to close the case. I asked what about the TP report? Why are they processing the claims when the other party is charged??? Same reply, internal lawyer review the video footage, it is against me. So I ask then what about the TP charge? She said, the judge will likely only view the video footage. At this point, I decided to give up 

These claims agents are robots. They just follow the procedure to process the claims without considering the facts of the case. They just want to move the case forward and close it. 

In the end, the way insurance is helping to fester this kind of brake-check antics because these motherf***** knows they can get away with it. 

I feel your understandable frustration and indeed insurance coys all same same but we need them by law as well as some minimum protection.

I now go for cheapest Sompo's comprehensive ones which is also more flexible cos not as popular and f the incumbent one that came with new cars that we had to signed to.

I also moved on to claim back COE and PARF when my car was totalled 5 yrs back and din waste time to fight a barrack of lawyers oreli on the payroll of insurance coys 😄

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

On 4/14/2023 at 12:30 AM, richard_crl032 said:

I feel your understandable frustration and indeed insurance coys all same same but we need them by law as well as some minimum protection.

I now go for cheapest Sompo's comprehensive ones which is also more flexible cos not as popular and f the incumbent one that came with new cars that we had to signed to.

I also moved on to claim back COE and PARF when my car was totalled 5 yrs back and din waste time to fight a barrack of lawyers oreli on the payroll of insurance coys 😄

I have been buying the cheapest TPO since many years ago...drive as carefully as possible...when shix hits the fan...just let the blood sucker to pay whatever...and I take what's left from LTA to down size and give up driving totally...maybe can also do delivery...😂

a150983d83ef846a3e4c7e2a878fdf4f.jpg

• Haha! 2

On 4/12/2023 at 7:05 PM, Raubern said:

Gearbox drop from private bus

Luckily Gearbox dropped while Bus was moving slowly,imagine drop at Highway Speed,the Cars & Motorcycles behind sure hit it & for the Motorcyclist who hit it,sure suffer serious injuries or death.

• Praise 4

On 4/14/2023 at 6:57 AM, mersaylee said:

I have been buying the cheapest TPO since many years ago...drive as carefully as possible...when shix hits the fan...just let the blood sucker to pay whatever...and I take what's left from LTA to down size and give up driving totally...maybe can also do delivery...😂

a150983d83ef846a3e4c7e2a878fdf4f.jpg

Waaah ... too drastic leh ...

Why should I deprive myself to zoom zoom and enjoy modern comfort while oso enjoying the freedom and health promoting daily biking ? 🥳🥳

Have to take life as it comes .. both to enjoy the goodies and side step the bad since too short nor worthwhile to fight or change the world 😂😂

• Haha! 2

I can tell you, insurance SIMPLY DOES NOT CARE A F*** about the traffic police report.

Why? Because I rear ended a motherf***** PHV who break check me. It was clear as daylight, a deliberate brake check. I made a police report. Submitted all videos to insurance and TP.

My damaged was minimum and only required some paint job. There was slight damage to the front grill as well and I found a lot of people selling their original front grill after changing to more stylo ones and can be bought as low as $50. But it is very tedious to remove the grill. I figure workshop will most likely charge a lot for labour, probably more than a second hand grill. So I decided to live with it.

Back to the case. TP completed the investigation. I recd a letter from TP indicating that myself and the other party were charged with Careless Driving. It's like WTF!!!. But there was a second letter indicating that after review, my charge was reduced to just a warning. So I pass all TP letters to insurer. A few months down, I also recd a lawyer letter from the other party claiming against me for a whopping $10k. It includes injury, loss of use, yada yada... Anyway, again, I pass all letters to insurance to handle.

Come renewal, I was informed a hefty loading (2x) due to third-party against me. So I ask why is that so. My broker linked me up with the claims agent. He said that it was a clear rear end. So they process the claims from third party hence the premium loading for next renewal. I was furious. How is it that they proceed to process third party claims when the other party was charged with Careless Driving. I ask the claims agent, if this is clear-cut rear end case, why would TP even bother charging the other party? It doesn't make sense at all. He said he consulted internal lawyer and that from the video, it was against me. Also, the claims agent said I was charged as well. But I reason with him that it was reduced to a warning! So it was clear who is at fault here. 

Back track a bit. So how did the collision happen? PHV was trying into my lane so that he could make a left turn into Hardy road. The thing is, in his lane, he could make a left turn as well. Anyway, when the traffic starts moving, he forcefully cut in and I gave him a good long horn. I was anticipating he to continue moving forward, turning into Hardy Road since the vehicle in front of the PHV has move off. This is when he brake check me and I was caught by surprise and rear-ended the PHV. From the video, it was clear there is nothing to indicate a reason for him to brake to a stop. 

After much reasoning, the claims agent said they will review my case again. After some months, my case was handed over to another claims agent. I call up, spoke to this new claims agent, and again, same story, I rear ended the PHV. Straight forward. Processing the claim and going to close the case. I asked what about the TP report? Why are they processing the claims when the other party is charged??? Same reply, internal lawyer review the video footage, it is against me. So I ask then what about the TP charge? She said, the judge will likely only view the video footage. At this point, I decided to give up 

These claims agents are robots. They just follow the procedure to process the claims without considering the facts of the case. They just want to move the case forward and close it. 

In the end, the way insurance is helping to fester this kind of brake-check antics because these motherf***** knows they can get away with it. 

Thanks for sharing. Really wtf with the insurance company.

• Praise 1

On 4/14/2023 at 7:29 AM, richard_crl032 said:

Waaah ... too drastic leh ...

Why should I deprive myself to zoom zoom and enjoy modern comfort while oso enjoying the freedom and health promoting daily biking ? 🥳🥳

Have to take life as it comes .. both to enjoy the goodies and side step the bad since too short nor worthwhile to fight or change the world 😂😂

I just refuse to be at ransom by some indespicable simi industry practices...

Sure, to itch his own...i mean each...can always rant then rent to stop itch... 😁 

• Praise 1

Did you claim 3rd party insurance or claim your own? If that was your own insurance, what company is it?

I'm gonna give a big guess and say it's aunty lucy.

On 4/14/2023 at 9:21 AM, Beehive3783 said:

Did you claim 3rd party insurance or claim your own? If that was your own insurance, what company is it?

Brake checker claims him for banging.

Insurer just pays without fighting the case.

On 4/14/2023 at 8:42 AM, mersaylee said:

I just refuse to be at ransom by some indespicable simi industry practices...

Sure, to itch his own...i mean each...can always rant then rent to stop itch... 😁 

Many moon ago, Jap expat's Altis bang my car backside.

Went to 1 tok kong workshop to claim against Jap.

KNN it is a rental car and rental car company never report.

Every week, i ask WS how is my claim?

4 weeks later, WS asked to go over for Surveyor to assess the damage.

• Shocked 1

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1403095503862943

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

On 4/14/2023 at 11:34 AM, boonhat_91 said:

On the other hand, I'm curious to know if anyone has had a ruling in their favour against a brake checker?

The only time brake jokers are punished is when Kena Malaysia King Kong 

C11414C3-CB3F-44BA-B930-9384A507DA22.webp

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

On 4/14/2023 at 9:21 AM, Beehive3783 said:

AIG or aunty Lucy. Same same. 😁

I go for budget direct. Cheaper and customised TnC to reduce my premium. 

• Praise 1

The reason PHVs keep brake checking

is because they don't own the car

and they want to be hit so can claim loss of earnings.

:D 

• Praise 4

On 4/14/2023 at 6:45 PM, Jamesc said:

The reason PHVs keep brake checking

is because they don't own the car

and they want to be hit so can claim loss of earnings.

:D 

Think they cud be on single brake pedal mode and release of acc shows brake light