First-timers must select BTO flats when invited by HDB or lose priority for a year from August launch

Windwaver

On 3/3/2023 at 3:23 PM, Soya said:

Those of us queuing up for flat in the non-BTO days faced equally if not longer wait times than today

Now couples miss 1-2 rounds balloting oredi kpkb. Back then take Q number wait 2-3 years to be called up to select flat in ulu areas n then gotta to wait another 4+ years b4 collecting key

I thought we are from same era?  Lol....

I remember the wait was around  3 years for me.  Didn’t take it up as the private property market crashed and the rest was history.  That was before Asian Financial Crisis. MBT changed the policy after AFC due to the glut of unsold flats.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Supersonic
On 3/4/2023 at 5:59 PM, Voodooman said:

I remember the wait was around  3 years for me.  Didn’t take it up as the private property market crashed and the rest was history.  That was before Asian Financial Crisis. MBT changed the policy after AFC due to the glut of unsold flats.  

Lol...I was queuing for EA flat. The Q was so freakin long that GCT came out to announce the introduction of EC at NDP to shorten the wait 

• Praise 2

On 3/4/2023 at 5:59 PM, Voodooman said:

Thks to Marlboro Tan, I bought mine during 03,04 period. Ulu places like jurong west nobody wants, can walk in to pick n choose. 

One year later, they announced pioneer mrt right beside my house....😁

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

On 3/3/2023 at 11:04 AM, Watwheels said:

I dunno how hdb bto works. If you look at all the priority schemes you will faint and question who is not priority then? The schemes make so many ppl priority. The balloting system is no more than a teekum machine that randomly gives applicants a queue number. Then how the computer "enhance" the chances of ppl with priority when the computer generates a random number?? Isnt this no longer "random"? Wtf, right?

The computer or software engineer should come clean. Tell ppl htf it generates that queue number.

My expectations arent high cos afterall this is for the govt subsidized flats. So is it like a toto thing where a lot of numbered balls are kept in a cage and someone rotates the cage until a numbered ball falls out? Priorities will be weights added into the numbered balls?

I always thought this balloting thing is a joke cos of the way it is being told to applicants.

Yeah, use TOTO machine for HDB ballot better :D

On 3/4/2023 at 5:07 PM, PSP415 said:

All want high floor, windy, unblocked, seaview, no afternoon sun, cannot face bin centre, power station, neighbours cannot have noisy kids, crying babies, close door cannot slam, at night cannot have sound of rolling marbles or dragging furniture, carpark cannot be too far but beams from car headlights cannot shine into house, MRT near near but cannot be noisy. As long as step out of block, covered walkway all the way to Jurong, I mean bus stop, carpark or MRT. 

😂😂

I think in future, 2nd Storey must be built at height of at least 10th floor onwards and every bloody block facing BTOs cannot be higher than 12th Storey. Space below BTO block is to fly kite. 

Oh ya, must be cheap ya. Otherwise sperms and eggs all die prematurely cos not enough after $100k renovation, $200k new car and $5k monthly enjoyment expenses. Yes, save $50 for retirement. Govt foot the rest of bills. I pay income tax one OK. 😂🤭

Welcome to the world of the generation of spoilt brats reared by this generation of "me, myself, my rights and I know the law OK,  teachers whack, school whack, I above the laws". 

Dunno why bother to give birth and impart such kungku to entitled kids who one day will kick one into a home supported by charity and govt. 

Yada-ing. 

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

laughing-lmao.gif

• Haha! 1

On 3/4/2023 at 6:36 PM, Hoseyboh said:

Thks to Marlboro Tan, I bought mine during 03,04 period. Ulu places like jurong west nobody wants, can walk in to pick n choose. 

One year later, they announced pioneer mrt right beside my house....😁

Then your nick should be "Hoseyliao"! 

• Haha! 4

Neutral Newbie

There is a viewing HDB building model at HDB hub to get some idea by YouTube link below

On 3/5/2023 at 5:20 PM, Volvobrick said:

Then your nick should be "Hoseyliao"! 

Should be 'Bohosey' 

Sold during the AFC. Lousy price.....😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 3/4/2023 at 11:17 AM, Meanmachine said:

Low floor has advantages, of lift breakdown, just walk down or walk one level up, no stress 😉

Ya lor. Convenient.

On 3/6/2023 at 2:07 PM, Benarsenal said:

Ya lor. Convenient.

These days high floor roof gardens or terraces can also have direct view into units on similar levels so I guess just avoid HDB or DBSS 1st floor flats :D.

• Haha! 2

On 3/6/2023 at 2:07 PM, Benarsenal said:

Ya lor. Convenient.

Also convenient for cockroaches to walk up and self invite to your house during fumigation. 😂

• Haha! 3

(edited)

I used to stay 2nd floor. My family had a sorta makeshift pulley system using plastic bag and ropes which we use to carry things up via the back kitchen window if too many things to carry up the stairs. Quite useful leh.

Edited by Benarsenal
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged

If HDB is a private company, the directors will ensure there is no shortage in supply to ensure constant flow of revenue. It will be BBO till you have surplus. 

Government is saying they will ensure but still we are facing shortage and long waiting time. It was planned or purposely done so? 

Until today, I cannot understand HDB with more than 70 years experiences cannot get basic right. 

On 3/9/2023 at 5:27 PM, Victor68 said:

If HDB is a private company, the directors will ensure there is no shortage in supply to ensure constant flow of revenue. It will be BBO till you have surplus. 

Government is saying they will ensure but still we are facing shortage and long waiting time. It was planned or purposely done so? 

Until today, I cannot understand HDB with more than 70 years experiences cannot get basic right. 

Basically MBT screwed the whole thing up. Now too late to reverse course.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 3/9/2023 at 5:39 PM, Benarsenal said:

Basically MBT screwed the whole thing up. Now too late to reverse course.

We paid the best, if cannot solve then step aside for those who could. Now they are in denials and defend like madman. You stir the shit, it smell leh

• Angry 1

On 3/9/2023 at 5:27 PM, Victor68 said:

Leave it to private company.  It will be worse.

Shortages will be created purposely to drive up profit while sitting on rising land bank value.

On 3/6/2023 at 11:24 PM, Benarsenal said:

I used to stay 2nd floor. My family had a sorta makeshift pulley system using plastic bag and ropes which we use to carry things up via the back kitchen window if too many things to carry up the stairs. Quite useful leh.

It was self-sufficient way of Gotong Royong  🤗, spirit of the Malays way of life, however we don't get the chance to see anymore.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1