First-timers must select BTO flats when invited by HDB or lose priority for a year from August launch

Windwaver

Supercharged
(edited)
On 3/3/2023 at 3:52 PM, Throttle2 said:

Add a fee of $500 as admin charge

dont select, fee forgone.

if select, fee refunded lah…..

$500 too low......best is $1000,  just like the common practice of OTP option fee when buying  HDB resale.  😛

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 3/3/2023 at 1:54 PM, Jamesc said:

I don't worry if my kids get a bad unit.

The way the prices keep going up

they cannot afford it 

because they are always playing video games

and not hitting the books!

:D

Wait the kids say I want Bukit Merah Queenstown and ask you help to pay

• Haha! 1

Supersonic

Collect $$ juz to book hdb opens up a not juz a can, but a whole container load of worms 

Sure kena kpkb that hdb juz wanna suck their $$ or the system favour the "rich" even if they ownself change ownself mind 

• Haha! 1

On 3/3/2023 at 2:00 PM, 13177 said:

I still dont understand, if build BBO, why there were unsold units lying around. But if build BTO, i dont believe there would not have unsold units.

20 years ago during 1998 onwards, before bto was invented, many unsold units in woodlands in Sembawang 

On 3/3/2023 at 5:23 PM, Mustank said:

Wait the kids say I want Bukit Merah Queenstown and ask you help to pay

Every day I tell them Mommy and me going around the world when we retire.

Better study hard. Traveling so ex maybe we no more money and will come and stay with you!

:D

• Haha! 2

On 3/3/2023 at 5:25 PM, Mustank said:

20 years ago during 1998 onwards, before bto was invented, many unsold units in woodlands in Sembawang 

About 19 years ago, there was about 2k unit for sale under Balance of Flat Sale.

It includes the block diagonally oppo Stadium McD

• Praise 2

Supercharged
On 3/3/2023 at 5:25 PM, Mustank said:

That's true. This is also why there are many jumbo units in Woodlands. The adjacent unsold 3-room and unsold 4-room were combined (effectively halving the oversupply)  making them some of the largest HDB flats one can find today.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged
On 3/3/2023 at 8:25 AM, Soya said:

Wait all the cry farder cry marder kings cum out say gahmen force them to buy lauya units that dun hv unblocked sea views, not next to MRT, not next to parents house, obiang design la, got red eerie lift lobby la......

Garment will say, "There's no such thing as a lauya unit. Similar to ‘every school, a good school’ in SG's education system, in HDB, every unit will also be a good unit."  😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

(edited)
On 3/3/2023 at 6:24 PM, Didu said:

Garment will say, "There's no such thing as a lauya unit. Similar to ‘every school, a good school’ in SG's education system, in HDB, every unit will also be a good unit."  😁

Garment is right.

I stay on Level 2.  For past few months, hong still sibei big.

Edited by inlinesix
  • Haha! 3

(edited)
On 3/2/2023 at 9:19 PM, 13177 said:

Good la, this will deter people anyhow apply for the BTO flat for fun, then give up during selection for flat, even they have tons of units to select.

not for fun … for tio mini-TOTO

Edited by Wt_know

On 3/3/2023 at 6:08 PM, Starry said:

That's true. This is also why there are many jumbo units in Woodlands. The adjacent unsold 3-room and unsold 4-room were combined (effectively halving the oversupply)  making them some of the largest HDB flats one can find today.

The jumbos were even earlier than 1998 

Now jumbos Huat 

• Praise 2

On 3/3/2023 at 6:24 PM, Didu said:

Every lift lobby also is a good lobby...sure huat one...or sure suay one... 😅

20230228509359860h4a5532_2.jpg

• Haha! 3

(edited)
On 3/3/2023 at 4:13 PM, Starry said:

$500 too low......best is $1000,  just like the common practice of OTP option fee when buying  HDB resale.  😛

no $10K no talk la ... bid COE also must deposit $10K liao ... just kidding ... lol

BTO is a "home" (need) and if levy too high admin fees might have backlash

but i support at least $1000 [thumbsup]  for 2-3rm flat and $2000 for 4-5rm 

again still very small money to foregone but at least act as deterrent and also collect some fees for HDB billion dollar deficit ... LOL

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 3/3/2023 at 7:51 AM, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

2nd timer and above should only choose those left over flats by 1st timer. 

Thereafter, 1st timer downgrade to 2nd timer and choose flats the were left over. 

This will ensure that 1st timer, once set on a location, LL have to accept their choices. :lll._.:

You sounds like leftover galfriend / boyfriend ( literately used one but not tied up ) , BTO must stand up to its Name and not otherwise🤭

On 3/3/2023 at 7:32 PM, Wt_know said:

not for fun … for tio mini-TOTO

Low floor has advantages, of lift breakdown, just walk down or walk one level up, no stress 😉

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 3/4/2023 at 11:17 AM, Meanmachine said:

Low floor has advantages, of lift breakdown, just walk down or walk one level up, no stress 😉

But chances of all the lift breakdown quite small la. Unless blackout. 😂 Esp nowadays most of the BTO so high, if all lift breakdown really cry liao.

• Praise 1

All want high floor, windy, unblocked, seaview, no afternoon sun, cannot face bin centre, power station, neighbours cannot have noisy kids, crying babies, close door cannot slam, at night cannot have sound of rolling marbles or dragging furniture, carpark cannot be too far but beams from car headlights cannot shine into house, MRT near near but cannot be noisy. As long as step out of block, covered walkway all the way to Jurong, I mean bus stop, carpark or MRT. 

😂😂

I think in future, 2nd Storey must be built at height of at least 10th floor onwards and every bloody block facing BTOs cannot be higher than 12th Storey. Space below BTO block is to fly kite. 

Oh ya, must be cheap ya. Otherwise sperms and eggs all die prematurely cos not enough after $100k renovation, $200k new car and $5k monthly enjoyment expenses. Yes, save $50 for retirement. Govt foot the rest of bills. I pay income tax one OK. 😂🤭

Welcome to the world of the generation of spoilt brats reared by this generation of "me, myself, my rights and I know the law OK,  teachers whack, school whack, I above the laws". 

Dunno why bother to give birth and impart such kungku to entitled kids who one day will kick one into a home supported by charity and govt. 

Yada-ing. 

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 6